Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a good feeling about today. We are City's bogey team and I know they never enjoy playing us. Along with the Woolwich match earlier this season this is the only game where the pressure is off us and on the opponents more. They are under more fire than us as they are the supposed title favourites and are behind us in the league.

It should also help our style of play because for once we are not playing a team who will sit back and defend and be hard to break down. I expect a really attacking game and one full of goals for a change. Of course it will not be easy and if we lose it's not the end of the world but it should be more enjoyable to watch than the usual home matches where the oppo just park the bus and we kick the ball around to each other in the middle of the park without doing anything for 90 mins!

I am torn on the Ade situation. I would be amazed if he started but it sounds like he could be on the bench. Part of me never wants to see him in a spurs shit again but then part of me says well we are in need of something different and if he can do a job even only for one or two games this year, we may as well utilise him. And out of any games this will be one of those he'd be most up for.

Unlikely too but I would like to see AVB go with Dembele and Sandro in the middle and Paulinho on the bench. Paulinho has been looking knackered lately and over used and as a fellow poster highlighted on this forum the other day the Dembele Sandro partnership was awesome last season.

Up the Spurs.

Sorry lads ive done a Bestie and went out on the lash the night before the big game. I am feeling fucking hungover. Not the best conditions to watching this game.

Sorry lads ive done a Bestie and went out on the lash the night before the big game. I am feeling fucking hungover. Not the best conditions to watching this game.
if you drank beers last night ,and you have now a hungover,the best thing to do now is to ...you must to drink again beers...quick recovery i say... the method was tested with success by many ...

Perfect team selection from AVB tbh. Townsend doesn't merit a start, and Erik deserves his shot.

Playing Lennon is also a great pick, his defensive work rate is excellent, and can drop back and cover Jan when he makes forward runs.

No complaints this time, its down to the team to do their thing now.

Back
Top Bottom