Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City have played around with a few formations this season, but one common theme seems to be that Pellegrini likes them to defend in two very straight banks of four when not in possession- very low block, leaving no wriggle room between their midfield and defence.

For this reason, IMO, AVB must not try and go all-out compression with his tactics, because they will soak it all up, our creators and Soldado won't find a yard of space anywhere, and they will sting us. We have to make this an open game so they're tempted to lose their shape.

Let me stop you right there.... we don't do confident... quietly or otherwise...
It just ain't Spursy! ....haven't the last few seasons taught you anything???

:avbfacepalm::gomes::paulinhofacepalm::dawsonmean::vdvcry::harrysmile::dempsey::defoe:

Yeah but! We umm... Beat wig... Wait ummm... Finished...

Well fook that! Maybe I've just been the recipient of a strong blow to the head. Despite that, like I said I'm quietly confident.

Good for you!
Let's all take a leaf out of your book and go into this with some fucking optimism... Misguided or otherwise!
After all, if WE don't believe, no-one fucking else is!!!!

COYS

Let's be honest, it makes negligible to no difference what we believe on a forum. I've been on so many forums over the years where fans have believed their team will win x or y game, and it hasn't happened. Most on here I'm sure thought we would beat West Ham, i certainly did, it didn't happen.

The most important issue is whether the players believe, next up is whether the fans at the ground believe.

I believe ATM we will lose, BUT if I was at the game I would be supporting the team and placing my pessimism in 'denial deep freeze' for the crucial two hours between when the players appear and when the final whistle goes. Naturally, if we were three-nil down by half-time this state of denial might 'unfreeze' :)

With regards to watching the game at home, I fear I shall be turning off the game early as I did with Toon as we fall behind. I'll then check the BBC scoreline hoping we equalize and so I can watch again with hope.

The Premier League's injury & suspension list

109196.jpg

MAN CITY
PLAYER.........REASON........RETURN DATE..........NEXT GAME

Fernandinho.....Knock..............November 24, 2013........Tottenham (H)
Jovetic...............Calf injury..........November 24, 2013.......Tottenham (H)
Kompany...........Thigh injury........December 1, 2013..........Swansea (H)
Nastasic............Knock................November 24, 2013........Tottenham (H)
Silva....................Calf injury...........December 1, 2013...........Swansea (H)

109202.jpg

TOTTENHAM
PLAYER...........REASON.................RETURN DATE...............NEXT GAME

Adebayor..........Unknown...................N/A......................................N/A
Chadli................Hamstring injury........November 24, 2013..........Manchester City (A)
Chiriches...........Broken nose..............N/A.......................................N/A
Eriksen...............Ankle/Foot injury.......December 22, 2013..........Southampton (A)
Lloris...................Concussion................November 24, 2013............Manchester City (A)
Rose...................Ankle injury.................November 24, 2013............Manchester City (A)

TOTTENHAM
PLAYER...........REASON.................RETURN DATE...............NEXT GAME

Adebayor..........Unknown...................N/A......................................N/A

Kinda sums that whole situation up really!

Last week I was just praying that we don't get embarrassed in this one. But as it gets closer I've got a funny feeling we'll win it 2-1. This is based on nothing other than intuition. The same intuition that had me certain that we'd drop points against Newcastle even before we knew lloris was out.

Certainly will be fascinating to see which side avb picks now the dust has settled on the last game and indeed the first 11 games.

Last week I was just praying that we don't get embarrassed in this one. But as it gets closer I've got a funny feeling we'll win it 2-1. This is based on nothing other than intuition. The same intuition that had me certain that we'd drop points against Newcastle even before we knew lloris was out.

Certainly will be fascinating to see which side avb picks now the dust has settled on the last game and indeed the first 11 games.
could be a draw in this match,that say my intuition,with 2 days before kick-off,now depend more what players we recover until the game start ,while Man.City have also some important players with medical problems,but if you are right in prediction,i will give you a cold beer , free from my side... ;)

Back
Top Bottom