Lyon v Tottenham 2nd Leg!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Ade played well. He was active and created scoring chances for others. Midfield wasn't providing any good balls today. Parker takes way too many touches before making up his mind. Still, a great win and goal by Dembele.

To be fair we kept going and going and going we controlled the second half and Lyon defend like well, Lions. Hard fought result that will hopefully galvanise us!

Love that we get to play tough champions league-esque fixtures like Lyon and Inter Milan. With our ambitions of being in champions league every year they are great for the experience of a side that is still gelling.

And since when has Glory Glory Hallelujah been a Jewish song, or McNamara's Band?

Aw, I dunno, if you study the scriptures, as I have, it reveals many hidden layers...

THE HYMN OF GLORY (GLORY)

By Judah He-Hasid (Trans. Israel Zangwill)

The Ark is opened,
and the following Hymn is chanted in alternate verse by the Reader and Congregation.

I will chant sweet hymns and compose songs; for the Park Lane to sing, my soul panteth after thee.
My soul hath longed to be beneath the shadow of thy West Stand Cockerel, to know all thy secret mysteries.
Even whilst I speak of thy glory, my heart-shaped goal celebration yearneth for thy love.
Therefore will I speak glorious things of thee, and will honor thy name with songs of love for Steffan Freund, who loveth me.
I will declare thy glory-glory, though I have not seen thee; under images of next season's kit will I describe thee, though I have not known thy next season's kit.
By the hand-ball of thy prophets, in the mystic utterance of thy servants, thou hast imaged forth the grandeur and the glory of thy majesty.
They figured thee in a multitude of visions; behold thou art One Hotspur under all images.
They saw in thee both age and youth, the hair of thy head now lilywhite as in old age, now black as in youth.
Age in the day of judgment, and Tottenham youth in the day of battle; as a man of war he striveth with his hands:
He hath bound a helmet of a run of six straight victories upon his head; his right hand, his sweet left-foot, and his holy arm tattoos, hath wrought victory for him:
With dew of light his head is filled, and his brylcreamed locks with drops of the night.
He shall be glorified by me for he delighteth in me; yea, he shall be to me a crown of beauty.
His head is like fine, pure gold; upon the back of his shirt is impressed the glory of his holy name.
For grace and glory, beauty and splendor his people hath encircled him with a White Hart
The plaited hair of BAE's head seemed as in the days of youth, whereas Thudd's black locks were flowing in curls, until he scores another goal, then he will shave those locks.
The abode of righteousness—his glorious beauty—may he prefer it above his chiefest joy, or them lot down the road.
May his treasured people be silverware in his hand, a royal diadem of glorious beauty.
They were borne by him, he carried them; with more silverware he adorned them; for that they were precious in his sight he honored them.
His glory resteth upon me, and mine upon him; and he is nigh unto me, when I cry unto him when we are denied a victory by conceding two late, sloppy goals.
He is bright and ruddy in never-red apparel, when he cometh front treading the winepress in Faces nightclub.
The heart-shaped symbol of his all-embracing providence he showed to the Shelfside, when the similitude of the Lord was before his eyes had seen the glory of the cups at White Hart Lane.
The sum of thy word is truth; O thou, who hast called every generation, man and boy, from the beginning, seek the people that seeketh thee.
Accept, I beseech thee, the multitude of my songs for each player, and let my joyous cry come near unto thee.
Let the song of the poor West Stand Lower be precious in thy sight as the song that was sung at thy offerings.
May my blessing rise to the bountiful GHodd, who createth chances and produceth spectacular finishes, who is just and mighty.
And when I bless thee, incline thine bar-scarf unto me, and take what I offer as though it were the choicest spices and latest training apparel.
May my meditation be pleasant unto thee, for my soul panteth after thee.
And the Spurs go Marching on.

or was that too blasphemous? :dempsey:

...and as for Moshe McNamara, don't even get me started! :levywhoa:

Thought I'd have to wait a while to experience that fantastic last minute important goal moment again after Dempsey's goal against Man U - but this AVB Tottenham side have done it again.

After what seems years of us conceding late goals this is just brilliant stuff.

I thought Ade played well. He was active and created scoring chances for others. Midfield wasn't providing any good balls today. Parker takes way too many touches before making up his mind. Still, a great win and goal by Dembele.

His Ball over for Bale (the one he side footed wide) was brilliant.

gVcLAgF.jpg

Keep on visiting spurs related websites to convince myself this actually happened, glooooorious!

Milito is a big miss for them. Can't really think who else they got that's really good?

Cassano and Stankovic are there. Guarin is a pretty lively midfielder as well. They don't have many big stars now but this won't be easy either.

They have a defender called Juan Jesus as well. I bet they have an imaginative chant for him.

Back
Top Bottom