Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Close under poch but failed ultimately in semis and finals.
I suppose until we win something now as well we cant say how mentally strong we are

Trophies aren't the measure of mental toughness for me.

Richy speaking openly about his struggles, publicly getting help despite the stigma of it in the small toown he's from and then actually turning his career around and finding his confidence? that is.

Guys like Son and Sarr that have the same good vibes to them every day regardless of what is going om? That is.

Romero apologizing for his red card, taking responsibility and then stepping up whilst Son and Maddison were out? That is.

Being in 5th with the type of injury crisis that has Newcastle 11 points lower? That is.

I think that kind of mental toughness leads to Trophies when you get the chance to win them but the trophy isn't how I'd measure it.

Richy speaking openly about his struggles, publicly getting help despite the stigma of it in the small toown he's from and then actually turning his career around and finding his confidence? that is.

Guys like Son and Sarr that have the same good vibes to them every day regardless of what is going om? That is.

Romero apologizing for his red card, taking responsibility and then stepping up whilst Son and Maddison were out? That is.

Being in 5th with the type of injury crisis that has Newcastle 11 points lower? That is.

I think that kind of mental toughness leads to Trophies when you get the chance to win them but the trophy isn't how I'd measure it.
Just one question.

Whats a trophy?

It might sound over optimistic,stupid even, but the way we were playing in our 1st 11 games ,without the injuries, without the suspensions,m the international tournaments, we’d be top.

It might sound over optimistic,stupid even, but the way we were playing in our 1st 11 games ,without the injuries, without the suspensions,m the international tournaments, we’d be top.

We were top for some of those 11 games so it's not stupid.

If not top, then probably closer than 7 points off the top. Almost a different season now though, we can't expect to get that back. We have the same players again but some new ones in the mix and the teams we are playing have evolved and learned how to play us a bit too.

Our starting 11 aren't all fully fit yet and it might take a game or 2 to get fully in flow but there is a LOT o of season yet to run.

I have personally seen a little 5'5 girl knock out a fit fella probably around 5'11 with a regular kickboxing high kick to his left face.

She was pretty stacked in the leg department however.

And yes, biggest turn on of my life.
The girl I mentioned in my previous post is the one person at my club that has actually injured me and kept me out for a long time.

She ripped a armbar on me and dumb as I was I figured that I did not need to tap because I weigh like 40+ kg more than her. I have never felt such concentrated pain in one joint before and had to spend 2 months on the shelf waiting for it to heal.

Picture perfect example of size of the fight in the dog and all that.

In a controlled environment its tougher, on the streets, it's a yes for the most part.

What I was trained and what I have taught is go for the weak areas on the street, ears, eyes and knees. If you try to fight fair against someone much larger than yourself you will end up getting hurt.
I wouldn't use grappling on the streets unless it was a guaranteed 1 on 1. If whoever jumps me has friends with him I know that the moment I take the dude to the ground I am getting kicked in the back of the head.

But the best thing to train for self defense is running, long distance and high speed.

Djurgården's club president spoke at a member's assembly today and revealed that they are working on setting up a friendly with Spurs in Stockholm within the next two years. They just need to find a slot in the schedule since the Swedish league season runs over the summer (but with a break in the middle).

Definitely going to have to look at getting tickets to that once there is a date.

Djurgården's club president spoke at a member's assembly today and revealed that they are working on setting up a friendly with Spurs in Stockholm within the next two years. They just need to find a slot in the schedule since the Swedish league season runs over the summer (but with a break in the middle).

Definitely going to have to look at getting tickets to that once there is a date.
Yes I'd be doing the same, as I've been wanting a good excuse to go back to Stockholm :)

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Back
Top Bottom