Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of a mentality monster then
Really putting a strong group together:

Vic
Porro
Romero
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Bergvall
Maddison

All seemingly huge personalities with a lot of self confidence. I think that was maybe the missing ingredient in the Poch era. We were a team of nice lads but now we've putting together a bit of a nastier side.

Vic
Porro
Romero
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Bergvall
Maddison

All seemingly huge personalities with a lot of self confidence. I think that was maybe the missing ingredient in the Poch era. We were a team of nice lads but now we've putting together a bit of a nastier side.
Lots of personality and a few nasty cunts. Mourinho would be proud

Vic
Porro
Romero
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Bergvall
Maddison

Sarr might be the biggest mentality monster in our squad

Vic
Porro
Romero
Dragusin
VDV
Udogie
Bergvall
Maddison

Add Veliz to that too. Young hungry players. Love what we are doing at the moment

View: https://medium.com/@TheSpursScout/lucas-bergvall-scout-report-349a4f89024f

Long report here, seems like the profile we were looking at Gallagher for, but much more technically gifted 👀 Conclusion is promising:

> I am VERY high on Lucas Bergvall and believe this is a signing that’s not getting the respect is deserves. Bergvall fits the right #8 mould for Ange to a tee. A technically secure, composed, and mature player already at a young age with further development in a Premier League environment like Tottenham could see Bergvall explode. He’s 18 though yet with a good mentality and hunger, Bergvall should be able to comfortably become a certified Premier League player if not a Premier League star.

> I view Bergvall as a multi positional midfielder, he has qualities that can see him fill in as 6, he has all the qualities to be a high level #8 yet I personally believe he lacks the end product right now the be a number #10. I picture him providing competition for Pape Matar Sarr and Bentancur in the 8 roles and even James Maddison if Spurs were to alter their shape into a 6 and two 8s rather than a 6, an 8 and a 10.

Remember when he played against Villa (pretty sure he scored the winner) with a broken arm?

Lo Celso takes two months off to recover from losing one of his earpods.
I wouldn’t confuse being injury prone with having a weak mentality for what it’s worth. Bale was an absolute killer in big moments, probably has an argument for singular best big match player of the 21st century, and he was constantly crocked.

I'm a tad confused, have we bought this kid to go straight into the first team and be playing this season or is the idea that he goes out on loan?

First team, probably replacing one of Hojbjerg / Lo Celso as a backup CM.
Probably. But it's so difficult to predict if they are ready when so young and from a much worse league that you need to bring them in and assess them in training for some time. Then you decide if they need a loan or can go straight in as backup.
Still you have to try them in an actual game, so you sub them in a few times and if they aren't ready they go on loan.

That's how it usually goes.

Back
Top Bottom