Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep it's not always as obvious as it appears
The shouters and the pointers are not always the real thing
I've seen so many examples of people getting that wake up call since I started with martial arts.

Every semester we have at least one big, talky type that comes in all full of ego... only for the ego to get shattered once he gets manhandled by a software technician that weighs like 10-15kg less than him. It's very interesting to see who adapts to that experience and who drops out.

I've seen so many examples of people getting that wake up call since I started with martial arts.

Every semester we have at least one big, talky type that comes in all full of ego... only for the ego to get shattered once he gets manhandled by a software technician that weighs like 10-15kg less than him. It's very interesting to see who adapts to that experience and who drops out.
It's funny, but you can also weed the morons out by not letting people spar until they have learned the basics of footwork and combinations.
Every single overconfident moron type will just drop out just hearing that they have to do 5-10 sessions before light sparring, so you don't have to deal with them hurting themselves or others.

Question to you regarding martial arts: in movies where a woman (eg black widow) demolishes a guy who's twice her weight is that actually possible?

Probably. But it's so difficult to predict if they are ready when so young and from a much worse league that you need to bring them in and assess them in training for some time. Then you decide if they need a loan or can go straight in as backup.
Still you have to try them in an actual game, so you sub them in a few times and if they aren't ready they go on loan.

That's how it usually goes.
If he comes in to be our 6th CM then he doesn't have to be immediately ready, he'll basically play the same role as Sarr last season. I don't think he'll go on loan, since beating Barcelona to him probably required us to make some assurances.

If he comes in to be our 6th CM then he doesn't have to be immediately ready, he'll basically play the same role as Sarr last season. I don't think he'll go on loan, since beating Barcelona to him probably required us to make some assurances.
Well our bench is looking better now with this kid and players back from injuries.

Question to you regarding martial arts: in movies where a woman (eg black widow) demolishes a guy who's twice her weight is that actually possible?
It differs from martial art to martial art, but the general consensus is that a trained smaller person should be bale to keep a bigger, untrained person at bay at least. But eventually the size difference does become too big.

I do grappling so I am not going to make a statement on if a smaller woman can or cannot knock out a bigger dude with a punch or kick (my guess however is yes).

We have a girl at my grappling school who just turned 18 who's an absolute killer and she goes toe to toe with everyone in the club no matter size difference. She'll lose a lot, especially against people with superior belt grades. But she does not go quietly into the night.

It differs from martial art to martial art, but the general consensus is that a trained smaller person should be bale to keep a bigger, untrained person at bay at least. But eventually the size difference does become too big.

I do grappling so I am not going to make a statement on if a smaller woman can or cannot knock out a bigger dude with a punch or kick (my guess however is yes).

We have a girl at my grappling school who just turned 18 who's an absolute killer and she goes toe to toe with everyone in the club no matter size difference. She'll lose a lot, especially against people with superior belt grades. But she does not go quietly into the night.

In a controlled environment its tougher, on the streets, it's a yes for the most part.

What I was trained and what I have taught is go for the weak areas on the street, ears, eyes and knees. If you try to fight fair against someone much larger than yourself you will end up getting hurt.

I would just head butt the nerd and walk out high fiving people to acclaim and cheers

I have personally seen a little 5'5 girl knock out a fit fella probably around 5'11 with a regular kickboxing high kick to his left face.

She was pretty stacked in the leg department however.

And yes, biggest turn on of my life.

Back
Top Bottom