Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is..... But that doesn't explain losing to Wolves, Brighton, Burnley and Southampton when we were seemingly cruising.

Jesus.... We lost to bottom place Burnley 3 days after beating Top place Man City at the Etihad - that's not Nuno's fault.

Sooner or later we're going to have to accept that the players are a large factor in why we keep cocking things up.

Same players
Different coach

Really excited and looking forward to my restricted view seat - not expecting a win or even a draw but confident we can give them a game and as someone who once wore a spurs shirt said - it’s a funny old game and you never know what will happen.
Importantly if we lose and the arse beat Leeds it is not season over - yes the arse will be big favourites and it will be out of our hands but there will still be a chance

I have a couple of scouse friends and they are utterly insufferable whenever we lose to them. Also incredibly arrogant pre game, I've already had a few messages predicting a 4 or 5 nil win. If Conte can mastermind a victory against this lot, I'd love him for life.
I might actually believe it's possible if conte goes 3-5-2

He is..... But that doesn't explain losing to Wolves, Brighton, Burnley and Southampton when we were seemingly cruising.

Jesus.... We lost to bottom place Burnley 3 days after beating Top place Man City at the Etihad - that's not Nuno's fault.

Sooner or later we're going to have to accept that the players are a large factor in why we keep cocking things up.
Whilst we know we need to change our wing backs and bring in a creative midfielder, we cannot keep blaming the players. In quite a few games Conte has continued with a system that is not working, subs are made too late but would probably change nothing if the system remains the same. We are just getting bailed out by the likes of son and kane and as of winter window, kulu. It's an elite coach but I don't see those match winning tactical changes so Conte has to take some stick in some of those games, namely the Brighton and Brentford games

Whilst we know we need to change our wing backs and bring in a creative midfielder, we cannot keep blaming the players. In quite a few games Conte has continued with a system that is not working, subs are made too late but would probably change nothing if the system remains the same. We are just getting bailed out by the likes of son and kane and as of winter window, kulu. It's an elite coach but I don't see those match winning tactical changes so Conte has to take some stick in some of those games, namely the Brighton and Brentford games
Whilst there is some truth in this, I feel it simply boils down to the fact that we do not have any attacking options on the bench that are an improvement over those players already on the pitch. So, outside of injury/fatigue there seems no option to improve our goal scoring options.

Case in point. Winks and Bergjwin come on against Leicester - And both of them are at fault for the goal.

Has to be a 5-3-2 for this one, not sure if Kulu is the 3rd midfielder or someone else.
If we go 2 in the middle they are going to batter us.
Kane and Son up top obviously.

Has to be a 5-3-2 for this one, not sure if Kulu is the 3rd midfielder or someone else.
If we go 2 in the middle they are going to batter us.
Kane and Son up top obviously.
We'll play a 343 on paper but it'll really be a 6-2-2 off the ball, or even a 7-1-2 and a 3-5-2 off it.

In defence it'll be a back 5 as Sess and Emerson will struggle to do anything but be extra bodies in defence. Then I expect Kulu will have to still support Emerson defensively. Maybe PEH will drop into the back line too.

In attack Kane will drop deep so that the the attack three in the "3-4-3" actually becomes a two of Son and Kulusevski.

Basically the City game.

I don't have much faith that we'll keep them out as well as we did City though.

I’m sure VAR will be set to idiot level to help them
Of course..... Unless it's checking in our favour and then it will be set to master level with pinpoint laser accuracy.

Anyone within a square foot of Salah will be deemed to have fouled him........ And when he rolls over in the centre circle at 0-0 in the 93rd minute, the ref will award a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom