Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ability to tackle or intercept passes at speed and accurately play a pass to a teammate to re-set an attack, I would say, was a demonstration of high technical skill. Liverpool did that to us time and again in the first half until they were 2 up and then they cut out the riskier moves and passes - because they didn't have to.
They didn't just press us well - they gave us no time on the ball at all and did the things that we couldn't do or match - pass accurately and quickly whilst moving at speed. We were out passed and out thought.
I'd say that was a demonstration of how they were technically better than us by a long way - and I have no idea why you can't see that.
Read the posts mate. I am responding to the bloke who said as a side we are technically poor side, anyone that says that about this side has not watch how we play. I am NOT referencing YESTERDAYS game, read the fucking words again, plus my other post in another reply.

We were totally out played yesterday, we were 2nd to every ball, we didn't compete, we were pressed very well, given no time and had all our passing lines shut down. This was all brought about largely how we were set up by Poch who must shoulder the blame. The way to play against them was laid out before Poch's eyes, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. If we would have set up like we did against Citeh at home may be a different game.

We are a very technically gifted side, one of the best in the league. We were utter shite yesterday though.

I don't think 52 years of support is fickle. My point is valid, it is factual. You clearly are happy with performances like these.
I am not pleased, where the fuck have I said that. I have also made no reference towards you at all, you jumped on my post that was directly aimed at another poster. This poster is fickle, his words are fickle.

Quite why you are involved in this conversation at all is up to you but to avoid any doubt I am not calling you out now or previously.

Nothing wrong with seeing good in the side like we all do. But the inability to criticize, or accept it from others, and your willingness to accept our place as also rans rubs some of us the wrong way.
At least you got the first part of your sentence right though
You sure I didn't edit it?

It's not about accepting criticism, that's fine. What you do is a barrage every time we lose to spout your agenda.

Yet, when we go on a 9 game run of 7 wins and 2 draws, your support is nowhere near as vociferous during that than your criticism after one off results.

Your passion to criticise is far more evident than your passion to commend.

Well well. I'm a fickle fan. Upset by yesterday's showing so I'm labelled with the F Word. Two words for you, my self righteous, pompous, arrogant cunt. Fuck off
We are all upset by yesterday's performance but somehow you allways seek to gain attention from one. Rest assured as sure as day follows night, like scum rising to the surface of a pond you post. You post the same shit too, never about the actual game, never what was bad and why and always without fail directing your bile on fellow Spurs fans. And here we are again, ground hog day, true colours shown, laid bare to whiteness. With out doubt the most boring poster on here.

That's not true. I only retaliate to fans throwing insults or jibes against me. I never start a personal argument. I just can't help retaliating when someone starts on me. Wether in the real world or on a forum. See. You've dragged me in to this, and now I can't let go
Ah yes, it's never your fault.

Like when you went on a personal tirade at me for editing my posts to make you look silly. Which was then proven false. That was my fault in your head I'm sure.

You're the posting equivalent of Liverpool.

Ah yes, it's never your fault.

Like when you went on a personal tirade at me for editing my posts to make you look silly. Which was then proven false. That was my fault in your head I'm sure.

You're the posting equivalent of Liverpool.
I apologised on that occasion. Publicly for all to see. Don't think you acknowledged it though.

You've changed! Keep this up and you'll have to change your handle to "Joe Measured Arguement"
:kanehand:
Changed from what? I've never been a melt.

P.S. I'm not arguing with anyone. I don't get into them. Spicy criticism of individual points is more my style. Did you ever change anyone's opinion by arguing with them? No, me neither.

Getting something out of this game was like trying to snatch a beer from an alcoholic. Just wasnt gonna happen. Doesnt matter what form us or them lot are in. Im never ever confident about anfield and they are always up for it when they play us. They played our game against us. High pressing and all that shizzle. Didnt give us a break. Manè was probably the big piece of the jigsaw missing for them recently as shown yesterday. I know people couldnt really give a shite about europa but. We need a win after this game and winning that one is a must. Plenty of games to go yet. Yesterday was just a shitter. Coys!!

Wasn't Poch's best yesterday. That I can agree on. In his defence, he is also young and learning his craft. He'll have his bad games too.

As you say, as long as he learns from it, it should be something for him to build on.
Thing is he hasn't leant from previous. Germany pressing style (dippers and Dortmund and other mob in CL) we have been taken to the cleaners in every single game.

I love the man but his stubbornness against the German pressing sides is alarming, I make it nine games now. He has shown in other games that we are more than capable of switching things up with great success, after the previous 8 games at getting outplayed I would have expected that the penny should drop.

I don't get why certain individuals are targeted more than others. Some are more negatively minded than others.
Might as well get used to it.

Honestly not fussed if we finish 5th or 6th... If we lift some silverware, for the first time in ages we have the team (not squad) to beat top clubs in England. That puts us in a position to at least win the FA Cup.

It's true that people who are overtly critical, or unduly negative, do draw attention to themselves. This is the way of the world no?

Yes. That is exactly what my point is.
It wasn't agreeing with deegee about expectations once in a bigger stadium.
& how people assume u will be better on the pitch.
It was we should downsize. Good one.
Yes, so what I did was use your logic in the reverse to show its absurdity. Your claim is that increasing the clubs revenue will not benefit the team, so I suggest we try to decrease the revenue to help push us to the next level

Yes, so what I did was use your logic in the reverse to show its absurdity. Your claim is that increasing the clubs revenue will not benefit the team, so I suggest we try to decrease the revenue to help push us to the next level
That wasn't my claim at all.
Your counter point was arguing against not moving to a bigger stadium.
No one was saying we shouldn't move.
Just because you think you need to manage expectations when moving, it doesn't mean u don't want to move.
Anyway, I can see your out for a fight!
So I will leave u to it. Good day to u sir.

That wasn't my claim at all.
Your counter point was arguing against not moving to a bigger stadium.
No one was saying we shouldn't move.
Just because you think you need to manage expectations when moving, it doesn't mean u don't want to move.
Anyway, I can see your out for a fight!
So I will leave u to it. Good day to u sir.
Yes, I can see why you wouldn't want to defend the statement you made. I don't think the match thread of a 2-0 defeat is the place to manage expectations. It seemed more like an attempt to darken an already dark day. My apologies if it was actually an honest pondering. But it was a very stupid point nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom