Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C37WgmYWEAAhUN3.jpg

I really hope it's not the case of Dr. Tottenham.

I'm not confident about this one, but it would really send out a message of intent if we could win. They are capable of turning it on now and again, and sod's law they'll do it next week. I would be more confident if we had our strongest team available, but injuries are starting to take their toll. Anyway, I will ensure that all my superstitions will be in place for this one, no messing about!

I'm not confident about this one, but it would really send out a message of intent if we could win. They are capable of turning it on now and again, and sod's law they'll do it next week. I would be more confident if we had our strongest team available, but injuries are starting to take their toll. Anyway, I will ensure that all my superstitions will be in place for this one, no messing about!
Yep. If we had Rose and Verts fit I'd be pretty confident. As things stand I'm less so.

Liverpool are the worst PL team defensively of the top 8, 30 goals conceded. We are the best, 16 goals.
So no need to park the bus, just play our game in our terms and make sure we take the chances and we will be OK on the night. I am sure the manager will explore their weak defense. Hopefully Son will perform like yesterday and we can score 2 or more. 2-1 Spurs win

Last edited:
They'll surely come at us with everything they've got and try to attack and out-possess us.
This should afford us a rare opportunity to play a bit of counter-attacking football for a change.

Having Dembele and Wanyama man the central areas should be very good for us against their midfielders.
Davies will have an extremely tough matchup on his hands with Mane, however. He would make a very big statement though if he could shut him down.

I'd try and keep the same starting XI as the last game. Seems like everyone did well-enough and can't think of any change that would be better for us given the current suite of injuries.

Playing at their house will be a huge challenge as they will be desperate to show their fans they are still in it, but, if we can rise to the occasion, we could put a massive dent into their season. Since we are highly capable, I expect nothing less than a draw as long as we are suitably focused. Should be a great game to watch.

This team killed us at WHL. Probably the game we deserved to lose most this season (United away as well, but we were just awful). I'd rather win the game than go for style points. Look like most of the board disagrees.

This team killed us at WHL. Probably the game we deserved to lose most this season (United away as well, but we were just awful). I'd rather win the game than go for style points. Look like most of the board disagrees.
I won't care 1 bit if we play crap & win.
Results over style, especially with our anfield record.

We should have beat them at Anfield last year. Son missed a glorious chance at 1-1.

I don't think they are any better than us and their defence has shown to be terrible so we'll get chances. All about taking them.

Back
Top Bottom