Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This ground is where we have our lowest win ratio where we have played lots of games. We have played there 75 times and won 8 and 2 of them were over 100 years ago. Only 6 wins in my lifetime. That is dreadful. Many of those seasons particularly in the 60's and 70's we were the better team but we still lost. I was confident when Redknapp's team (in I think his last season) went there and there were like today in poor form and had injuries but we still lost.
I really cannot be confident and will take a draw now. I am out Saturday and will miss the match. Hope we get something out of it but at least Liverpool and the Scum cannot overtake us whatever the result.
I now await the many disagrees!

C36QMXEW8AE0IQH.jpg

We're coming.

This ground is where we have our lowest win ratio where we have played lots of games. We have played there 75 times and won 8 and 2 of them were over 100 years ago. Only 6 wins in my lifetime. That is dreadful. Many of those seasons particularly in the 60's and 70's we were the better team but we still lost. I was confident when Redknapp's team (in I think his last season) went there and there were like today in poor form and had injuries but we still lost.
I really cannot be confident and will take a draw now. I am out Saturday and will miss the match. Hope we get something out of it but at least Liverpool and the Scum cannot overtake us whatever the result.
I now await the many disagrees!
I was lucky enough to see us win three times there. Twice in the league and once in FA cup.

If Dele turns up, we win.

If Coutinho turns up, they win.

The thing you are overlooking is that we are not a Dele Alli one man team. We have match winners and a spine throughout the team.

We have key players out almost every week, but still pull out results, and we have a never say die attitude, even if we are playing poor. Our heads dont drop.

So while Liverpool are relying heavily on Mane and a clearly unfit Coutinho, dont get that confused as if we are on some kind of par.

We are superior all over the pitch. If we play to our fullest, there is fuck all they can do about it.

The question is, will we?

So pleased we are not Liverpool. Comical that anyone ever thought they were title contenders this season at any point.
They're defensively cack, but were doing very well up to a point (now having imploded, of course). They have enough points on the board to stay up our arses if they win this one though, and a big frustration is that they now only have the league to consider.

If we go on deep cup runs then we'll end up playing twice the number of games they do - so I'm nervous as to what happens when their players get some rest/find some form.

The thing you are overlooking is that we are not a Dele Alli one man team. We have match winners and a spine throughout the team.

We have key players out almost every week, but still pull out results, and we have a never say die attitude, even if we are playing poor. Our heads dont drop.

So while Liverpool are relying heavily on Mane and a clearly unfit Coutinho, dont get that confused as if we are on some kind of par.

We are superior all over the pitch. If we play to our fullest, there is fuck all they can do about it.

The question is, will we?

We are carrying some notable absences too - Danny and Jan. We are not at full strength. We don't win away as much as we should. It will be close - unless Liverpool are truly imploding and Klopp has lost the dressing room.
Unlike those cunts up the kings road, Liverpool like to play open attacking football, so I expect goals.
5 upfront, anyone?

So pleased we are not Liverpool. Comical that anyone ever thought they were title contenders this season at any point.
To be honest I though it would be either them or Chelsea.
Just because there would be no distraction of Europe for both.
Chelsea squad have managed it better, which I suppose is inevitable.
However, make no mistake they made £74m odd selling their deadwood and spent £67m odd on 4 players.
They should be doing better with what they have.
He knows more about Sakho than I do, but he was starting to look like a beast, they seemed to have got over the 'respect' thing, then the drugs stuff, which he was cleared of, and he is out? They could have done with him really.
I don't know if Klopp was reluctant to spend more in Summer/ in Jan on a defender, if none were available or if they lied when they said the new stand would not interfere with spending.
This is the first season they have been in the black since 11/12.
They have spent 11/12: £36m, 12/13: £41m, 13/14: £20m, 14/15: £38m( despite selling £78m worth of players)15/16: £28m and then this year are in profit about £6m

Not that you'd be able to tell, of course. Do you know who they are? Dele plays for us. Coutinho plays for them.

You are not a spurs supporter so I am not sure why you are saying 'Dele plays for us'. You are nothing but an uneducated, illiterate Woolwich loving piece of shit...disowned by your family, and doomed to live and die alone. Back to your bottle and then the noose, you disgraceful sack of crap. You've been told for the final time...carry on and suffer the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom