Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agadoo ....

Juuuuuuurrrrrgen Klopp Klopp Klopp
He’s the German with the crop
Jurgen Klopp Klopp Klopp
Pulls his zip up to the top
Champions League, FA Cup
They are not in the pot.
With Jurgen Klopp Klopp Klopp.
Heeee really is a Flopp .....
Jurgen-Klopp-732916.jpg

Going into this game, the records show better for Liverpool. Us not having won against a top 6 side this season away and Liverpool (I believe match Chelsea) with results against top 6.
I feel the pressure is on them to get a result (they are the team off form and need to get their crap together). They turn up for the big game and are expected to turn it on against us, are they not?. We need to (as Poch says) play smart. If we get it tacitly right and play to our best, there is no reason why we cant win this and take all three points and put a stop to all this nonsense of not winning at Anfield. We are a decent side and should be able to match Liverpool and at least not lose.

I genuinely think Liverpool are shit. We need to play well, because they can win big games if they click, but the fear of Anfield is just reputation for me.

I dont care about the last few years either, our psycology has to be better.

...and I genuinely thought Sunderland were shit.... but Liverpool are infinitely better than them, so hey... nothing's a 'given'.

I would say that this year, Poch has at least started to eradicate the 'submissive' inferiority complex we've had down the years away at 'The Big Top Sky 4' we're not allowing ourselves to be bullied any more, and the occasional brain-fart aside :llorisunsure::walker: (which truly needs to go, if we are gonna start winning regularly away at these grounds) then overall we've acquitted ourselves pretty well this season...

we're no longer "Lads, it's only Spurs" ...but we're not quite there yet!

My only real concern is Coutinho getting a run on Dier which could be a scary proposition. The quality in our team dwarves their team, play to out abilities and we win.

Just been perusing the RAWK match thread... while there's still the odd overly optimistic one amongst them, the general mood seems to be that they're pretty concerned about this match and could see us winning. For Liverpool fans to admit that, in consensus, is quite something. They want to see Can dropped in favour of Wijnaldum, Karius playing over Mignolet, and they can't make their mind up on whether Firmino or Sturridge should start. They're also concerned that both Lovren and Lallana missed training on Thursday.

Just been perusing the RAWK match thread.... They're also concerned that both Lovren and Lallana missed training on Thursday.

I'd have thought they'd be more concerned if he did train yesterday... guy's a liability isn't he?
They'll be stronger without him IMHO! (cue last-minute match-saving tackle by Lovren!!)
:pochfacepalm:

It feels like the build up to City away, where (for some unknown reason) many were confident of us winning... I haven't quite shaken the Spurs of old feeling which steadfastly refuses to allow me to be confident,
I am, however realistic enough to realise that our team is a much stronger proposition than in years gone by,

Draw then? :pochrolleyes:

...and I genuinely thought Sunderland were shit.... but Liverpool are infinitely better than them, so hey... nothing's a 'given'.

I would say that this year, Poch has at least started to eradicate the 'submissive' inferiority complex we've had down the years away at 'The Big Top Sky 4' we're not allowing ourselves to be bullied any more, and the occasional brain-fart aside :llorisunsure::walker: (which truly needs to go, if we are gonna start winning regularly away at these grounds) then overall we've acquitted ourselves pretty well this season...

we're no longer "Lads, it's only Spurs" ...but we're not quite there yet!

But thats been my point in this all along and why I bring up the City game.

We were crap against Sunderland. If we played to our potential, we would have wiped the floor with them.

If we didnt waste several chances against Boro, it wouldnt have been so nervy, and if we went at City instead of sitting back and trying to defend a 0-0 scoreline, we wouldnt have been double whammied with counter attacks as a result of our own failed counter attacks.

Ive said it, that its Spurs that concerns me.....not Liverpool. It about what Spurs turns up.
If we play the way we are good at...pressing and attcking and getting the midfield to play box to box, then we will beat them.

If we sit back, and let Hugo concede possession over and over again, and get pinned into our own final 3rd, the game will be a cunt. Eriksen cant counter creatively when he´s the furthest man forward on the break.

Check back. Stop. Look. Pass to Kane who now has 8 men around him. Just doesnt work for us.

Rose out for this one.
We are going to be half the team we can be as there will not be too much pressure down their right hand side.
We miss Rose probably more Walker. When Rose is out the attacking balance goes. So does a lot of the power and aggression.

Trips is more of a "plug 'n' play" replacement for Walker than Davies is for Rose, doesn't require such a rethink. Better player too probably, on balance, certainly going forward

We should go and park the bus, Klopp can't work out how to beat teams that defend, but we won't as it's not Poch's style.
Oh not another one. This side drew 0-0 at home to Plymouth, and lost to Southampton and Swansea, shipping 3 goals to the PLs 3rd bottom scorers

It's not exactly like we are playing Ajax under Rinus Michaels.....as Mensa said, why the hell would anyone want to let their shit defence off the hook? Their keepers are garbage too.

When we're 4-0 up, don't worry you'll all be happy!

Last edited:
Oh not another one. This side drew 0-0 at home to Plymouth, and lost to Southampton.

It's not exactly like we are playing Ajax under Rinus Michaels.....as Mensa said, why the hell would anyone want to let their shit defence off the hook? Their keepers are garbage too.

When we're 4-0 up, don't worry you'll all be happy!

The only way they win games is on the counter attack.

It's pretty pragmatic to alter your tactics to nullify your opponents only strength - no?

Can we not have the best of both worlds?

Get at them from the kick off, throw bodies at the press and scare the shit out of them.

Then if we don't nick an early goal, relinquish some possession let them come on to us. I'm confident in our ability to defend and they need the win much more than we do. Wait for them to overcommit... good night.

Back
Top Bottom