Liverpool At Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take it AVB will be having a press conference later?
Hoping for some good news on Benny and Parker.

He needs to start at some point tbh, better to start with a strong team, take him off for Carroll after an hour or so if need be.

True enough, and no doubt he's our best option in there long term, just not sure on his fitness at the moment. I'd rather bring him on gradually when there's less risk and the opposition are more knackered. Hopefully not far a way from a start tho

Key is to isolate Suarez by compressing the midfield and making sure Bale does the defensive work as Johnson and Sterling will both push forward

At least Liverpool will come to get a result, we always play better when the opposition don't park the bus

Just on an outside line, do we know when Benny is due back? I wonder if he was fit AVB would stick with Vertonghen at left back as I think he'll be a stunning centre back sooner or later..

Dawson was great because he was up against Andy Carrol, the polar opposite of Suarez.

Physical battles, aerial battles, two tanks smashing each other = Dawson is the only player in our squad I want for that job, he is awesome at it.

Suarez offering a low centre of gravity, pace and agility? Not sure Daws is the man for that. That said Im not sure Gallas is either.

Very valid points. I just think that Vertonghen is the only CB we have that IS up for the task of Suarez, but slotting him into the centre means leaving Dawson out and Kyle Naughton as LB. I don't think Kyle the 2nd is up for the task and we will miss Daws and his leadership abilities.

Gallas is definitely not the answer. He's slow, immobile and has been terrible most games this season. I'm sticking with Daws. :freund:

Just realized the match is only on ESPN Deportes, here which I can't get. It's also only on the day after. FML. ESPN Deportes?! Really? I am going to end up missing this one. :parker:

If anyone gets a line on a download after the match, hook me up please and I will be all like :adebaehug:

Just realized the match is only on ESPN Deportes, here which I can't get. It's also only on the day after. FML. ESPN Deportes?! Really? I am going to end up missing this one. :parker:

If anyone gets a line on a download after the match, hook me up please and I will be all like :adebaehug:

Stream it... www.livetv.ru or i'm sure YES TV will be showing it on Sopcast

It's also on ESPN3.com.
I was resigned to missing this one since I could not find it on the program guide. At least it's on ESPN Deportes although a day late. I have my dvr set in case I can't watch it while at work.

Lloris​
Walker Caulker Dawson Vertonghen​
Sandro Dembele​
Lennon Dempsey Bale​
Defoe​

I like your back line...but what are your thoughts on this lil change up

Sandro
Lennon Dembele Dempsey Bale (With Dembele pushing up into a more forward CAM role on attack? At least for a lil bit)

With a more attack focused Dembele goal scoring capabilities go up...I see an early goal being crucial in this game, break down the red back line and hammer down Reina's already low confidence. Plus, an early goal will make Suarez try way to hard...hello yellow dive card.

What Dembele goal scoring capabilities?

He gets the odd one, but he isnt a sharp shooter by any means. Hence him ending up in CM after starting as a striker/am/winger...

As far as feeding the ball into the final third...he is more confident on the ball then Demps and can (most likely) create more chances closer to goal...basically have him play CM moving forward then a CDM with Sandro...let Sandro go for ball/ankles in the midfield...keep Dembele pushing forward.

Isnt that what he does anyway?

I see in that formation he is sat as one of the two in front of defense, but in reality he is constantly moving forward. The nature of his job is to get the ball from back to front and create opportunity/space, its what he does - no change required.

Just as at Fulham he sat in CM and Dempsey was AM, its how it works best with those two.

Back
Top Bottom