Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or, you know, it's what it sounds like - a bunch of nonsense made up by internet weirdos.
Football leaks was a massive story that leaked thousands of emails which eventually saw Manchester City investigated in the aftermath.

Spurs apparently only paid £4.4m for Rafa after the Bale deal. Also revealed that Lloris gets bonus payments of £7,000 every time he starts for the club and an extra £8,000 for a win, but if we only draw or lose then he would only get £3,500 extra.

It was a massive story and far from fiction.

& they gave him millions in bonuses. After we didn't spend a penny in the transfer market & after he speaks out about the bad obsession with spending. Different story when its about spending on his salary & his bonuses.
Self serving greedy lying scum cunt - he’s used us to benefit his massive greedy cunt bank account at the cost of turning us into a poisonous pit of mediocrity

I rate what Levy has done for the club, but if some billionaire wants to come in and bank roll us, I'm happy with that. I cant see one on the horizon though, and flying planes over the stadium isnt going to magic one up

oUlkGGs.jpg

Personally can't be arsed to even look at our results while that cunt Mourinho is in charge. Only reason I'm posting on here is because I was trying to find out why someone got a red card.

I fucking hate Mourinho and it's a disgrace that he is coaching this club. I genuinely could not give a fuck what happens while that prat is in charge. Levy fucked up massively.

Mourinho is a fucking tool.

Back to off topic I go until things change.

Not everything he has done has been bad but that phrase for managers 'taken us as far as he can' applies. Mourinho was a desperate appointment because he thought he could get this squad winning again without spending. For a bloke that has made 3 good appointments in 20 years (Arnesen, Redknapp, Poch) i dont trust him to make the right choice when we change again. The whole structure of the football side is a mess. Enough.

Levy makes a lot of money compared to your average supporter. He makes fuck all relative to the finances of football. His salary hasn't negatively effected the playing squad a single bit -
To be honest, i think you're missing the point.

We have a CEO who has earned a higher salary and higher bonus than all of his Premier League counterparts for 3 of the last 4 years.

While at the same time criticising the fans who want to see more investment in the team, as the team crumbles towards mid table obscurity.

You will at least admit this doesn't give a very good look?

Remember, this is a man who openly admitted he's only involved in football to make money and capitilise on its popularity

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

Daniel Levy is the cause for our problems I don't understand why others can't see it. Ask yourself the question, where would we bit if we were let off the chains a little over the last 15 years or so.

When Redknapp worked wonders and we needed a real striker and got rubbish instead.
When we sold Bale and used that money to buy 7 players that only 1 now survives and only 1 was ever any good.
We finished 2nd after buying nobody for 12 months and he went on to buy nobody again for another 6 months.

Its just madness he has been profiting massively and the club is in such a strong financial position now because of the Poch years than ever before. He never budgeted for 2nd and 3rd and regular champ leagues with a finals also, along with massively increased revenue because our brand grew along with it. We budgeted for a team that was regular europa with maybe a champs league appearance, Levy did the stadium plan with the budget of a europa league team in mind. Anything above this was a bonus.

We are a very rich club right now but instead of Levy investing in the squad and giving Poch what he needed, he has now caused an issue where we pay huge fees to mourinho and still need a squad rebuild.

You know what that means? Any rebuild will not be quality players and we are exactly where we started before poch arrived.

We may look ok next year, we may have a few shining players in the team but I would be astonished if we make top 4. We are now in the process of a massive rebuild with limited funds because Levy will not commit. He didnt when we had a real chance of glory and he certainly won't now.

In a few years time I really think we are going to be looking back at the poch years and appreciating just how much of an incredible job he did. We didn't peak in the champs league final, we fell apart for the world to see what the real state of the club was. We had peaked around the time we finished 2nd and decided to not buy anyone.

This shows we have peaked under enic & on our way down & pretty much the same position we were in when they took over. Basically a mid table team who look miles away from winning anything.
They gave it their best shot but didnt have what it takes to take us to the next level.
Time to admit it was too much for them & let someone else have a crack at it.

It's not really the issue though is it. We have won nothing but have polished material assets that make the owners feel good. But as supporters we support the football club and that is the playing staff nothing else.
I get what you’re saying: I think we’ve been spoiled over the past few years with some great performances and a team and manager coming together. The graph above is showing our average position has improved in 20 years, but we’ve probably over-achieved in the past few. I think Poch said the same, and so the finances weren’t there to invest. It would have been great to have done so, bought a couple of superstars on money from somewhere and hopefully pushed on - but we didn’t, and without the reliance on CL money for transfer budget, we should be relatively stable and able to push on in a while. I know it frustrates people that we were so close and didn’t seem to do what would have been the easy thing, but the stadium does have to be paid for and we can’t afford that and crazy players salaries. I’m the worst in the world for long-term investments, but until we have the same income as Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool (City will be an outlier while they’re oil-rich) there’s not much we can do.

Daniel Levy is the cause for our problems I don't understand why others can't see it. Ask yourself the question, where would we bit if we were let off the chains a little over the last 15 years or so.

When Redknapp worked wonders and we needed a real striker and got rubbish instead.
When we sold Bale and used that money to buy 7 players that only 1 now survives and only 1 was ever any good.
We finished 2nd after buying nobody for 12 months and he went on to buy nobody again for another 6 months.

Its just madness he has been profiting massively and the club is in such a strong financial position now because of the Poch years than ever before. He never budgeted for 2nd and 3rd and regular champ leagues with a finals also, along with massively increased revenue because our brand grew along with it. We budgeted for a team that was regular europa with maybe a champs league appearance, Levy did the stadium plan with the budget of a europa league team in mind. Anything above this was a bonus.

We are a very rich club right now but instead of Levy investing in the squad and giving Poch what he needed, he has now caused an issue where we pay huge fees to mourinho and still need a squad rebuild.

You know what that means? Any rebuild will not be quality players and we are exactly where we started before poch arrived.

We may look ok next year, we may have a few shining players in the team but I would be astonished if we make top 4. We are now in the process of a massive rebuild with limited funds because Levy will not commit. He didnt when we had a real chance of glory and he certainly won't now.

In a few years time I really think we are going to be looking back at the poch years and appreciating just how much of an incredible job he did. We didn't peak in the champs league final, we fell apart for the world to see what the real state of the club was. We had peaked around the time we finished 2nd and decided to not buy anyone.
Great post.

The stadium revamp was heralded as an asset that would help us secure regular champions league football and allow us to compete at top in domestic competitions.

Poch was already achieving that even before our secondment to Wembley and yet we have a transfer policy of still hunting in the bargain basement. It's no wonder we have fallen away.

To be honest, i think you're missing the point.

We have a CEO who has earned a higher salary and higher bonus than all of his Premier League counterparts for 3 of the last 4 years.

While at the same time criticising the fans who want to see more investment in the team, as the team crumbles towards mid table obscurity.

You will at least admit this doesn't give a very good look?

Remember, this is a man who openly admitted he's only involved in football to make money and capitilise on its popularity

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr
That's fair enough. I think you're missing the point, as well. His salary hasn't actually impacted the club, and so you're making a mountain out of a mole hill, admittedly, because of the optics.

The fact is that he's built £1B in world class infrastructure whilst steadily growing the clubs' revenue to record heights.

His failing has been not finding and empowering someone who is as capable of running the football side as he is the business side. Part of that is hubris, definitely, and part of it is having been burned in the past by those he has appointed.

At the end of the day Levy could do a lot better, obviously. But we could do, and have done, a lot worse than Levy.

Let's see how this summer plays out. He's employed a spend happy "proven winner", is backed by years of record profits, and motivated by the loss of CL revenue all in an economic market where our more hand-to-mouth competition are going to be hurting significantly more than we.

Back
Top Bottom