Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guys look on the bright side - at least we are still better than Everton. After all, that's all one can really hope for. Be less shit than Everton.
I'm expecting the words Leeds and Portsmouth to start appearing in this thread within the next dozen pages or so.
Things are getting desperate for the SSB now.

Salaries. And bloody excessive ones IMHO. They’re also just creating a sports asset to sell on. Just opinions but it’s my view. They’re done some decent stuff with the training ground and stadium. But the football team needs different leadership.

They’ve developed the stable assets of the club, such as the training ground and stadium. They’ve maximised and minimised the worth of the players. They’ve operated exactly as anyone would expect from an investment company. The success of the team only extends to selling out the stadium and maybe CL profits. They’re following the Gooner model under Wenger, but with no interest in trophies.

They’re at the point where they need to put up or shut up. People won’t fill that stadium for the most expensive tickets in the country, just to watch mediocrity.

They’ve developed the stable assets of the club, such as the training ground and stadium. They’ve maximised and minimised the worth of the players. They’ve operated exactly as anyone would expect from an investment company. The success of the team only extends to selling out the stadium and maybe CL profits. They’re following the Gooner model under Wenger, but with no interest in trophies.

They’re at the point where they need to put up or shut up. People won’t fill that stadium for the most expensive tickets in the country, just to watch mediocrity.
I reckon we will though. I think we have enough day tripper club shop fans to keep the stadium full. Then there are those just so hopelessly attached to the club - like me - who will always want to be physically there. Plus tourists. Mind you, we did see quite a few empty seats for the CL ties last year.

No change for me. Levy and co. stay please but be humble and get some help with the footballing decisions. DoF and empower him/her and manager to own footballing decisions. You’ve taken enough money out. Now put something back in. We’re a football club. The football club needs you to act right. Or fuck off.
They havent taken money out yet. What theyve done is taken all the money that could have gone in improving the squad and dumped in infrastructure. Stadium, training ground etc. Guess who owns all that. When they sell it they get all 100s of millions. They could have used the money to improve the squad and try to win things but instead theyve treated the club as a way to benefit themselves personally. One of the worst owners and chairman in the league for sure.

I reckon we will though. I think we have enough day tripper club shop fans to keep the stadium full. Then there are those just so hopelessly attached to the club - like me - who will always want to be physically there. Plus tourists. Mind you, we did see quite a few empty seats for the CL ties last year.

As long as the stadium sells out there’s no reason for ENIC to ever sell. I’d hope that they’d see the CL windfall as an incentive, but with a risk adverse company like them I’d imagine they’d be content to operate at the most secure financial levels, which probably means floating around the CL spots for minimum expense.

They’re pitching us an elite club, but not running us as one.

They havent taken money out yet. What theyve done is taken all the money that could have gone in improving the squad and dumped in infrastructure. Stadium, training ground etc. Guess who owns all that. When they sell it they get all 100s of millions. They could have used the money to improve the squad and try to win things but instead theyve treated the club as a way to benefit themselves personally. One of the worst owners and chairman in the league for sure.
Daniel Levy takes a huge salary - and has done for several years - from the club.

What planet are you living on?

He has made the club future proof by building arguably the best stadium in the world and arguably the best training facilities in the world.

Would I like him to give Jose £250m this summer to rebuild and turn us into title contenders? Fuck yes. Do I wish he cared more about on-field performance? Absofuckinglutely. But to say he’s the one of the worst chairmen in the league is ridiculous.

Fucking brilliant post.

Daniel Levy takes a huge salary - and has done for several years - from the club.
He's made the forbes top 100 on the back of Spurs.

While giving the fans this

2aw8l0.jpg

He's made the forbes top 100 on the back of Spurs.

While giving the fans this

2aw8l0.jpg
& they gave him millions in bonuses. After we didn't spend a penny in the transfer market & after he speaks out about the bad obsession with spending. Different story when its about spending on his salary & his bonuses.

Without going back, let's do a high over-estimate for the sake of it.

Levy's highest salary topped at £4M. So let's say he's averaged £2M for 20 years (he hasn't). That equates to £40k/pw.

In total, its £40M. Which is good enough for a £20M transfer fee and £80k/pw wages for a CL squad level player.

Levy makes a lot of money compared to your average supporter. He makes fuck all relative to the finances of football. His salary hasn't negatively effected the playing squad a single bit -

Without going back, let's do a high over-estimate for the sake of it.

Levy's highest salary topped at £4M. So let's say he's averaged £2M for 20 years (he hasn't). That equates to £40k/pw.

In total, its £40M. Which is good enough for a £20M transfer fee and £80k/pw wages for a CL squad level player.

Levy makes a lot of money compared to your average supporter. He makes fuck all relative to the finances of football. His salary hasn't negatively effected the playing squad a single bit -

Agreed. It’s only his appalling decision making I take issue with, not his salary.

Rumours we only got Sissoko because Newcastle were taking off money they owed us for Townsend/Yedlin, kind of ties in with the Rafa van der Vaart rumours as part of the Bale deal, supposedly as part of the football leaks there was something in the Bale deal about money owed for Van der Vaart coming into it.

Every single transfer deal has a financial onus whiff to it or a story of brinksmanship etc. Modric Tottenham shirts, derisory offers, unsettling players, asking for ridiculous fees for players and unrealistic instalments and add-ons etc. The annual lies about the big names we 'tried' for, but just 'couldn't get it done in time' etc.

Agreed. It’s only his appalling decision making I take issue with, not his salary.
That's fair enough, his sporting decisions have at times left something to be desired. He's probably been a 4/10 in that arena, maybe a 3/10.

But on the financial side he's been a 9/10, building a world class stadium and training centre, and building us commercially into one of the highest revenue clubs in the world. He's been somewhat unlucky that this success has been undermined by the rise of petrol-football.

His biggest failing has been not finding and appointing a sporting director as equally successful as Levy, CEO to run the football side of things.

Rumours we only got Sissoko because Newcastle were taking off money they owed us for Townsend/Yedlin, kind of ties in with the Rafa van der Vaart rumours as part of the Bale deal, supposedly as part of the football leaks there was something in the Bale deal about money owed for Van der Vaart coming into it.

Every single transfer deal has a financial onus whiff to it or a story of brinksmanship etc. Modric Tottenham shirts, derisory offers, unsettling players, asking for ridiculous fees for players and unrealistic instalments and add-ons etc. The annual lies about the big names we 'tried' for, but just 'couldn't get it done in time' etc.
Or, you know, it's what it sounds like - a bunch of nonsense made up by internet weirdos.

Back
Top Bottom