Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Short memories? I can remember the last time we won the FA Cup.... Almost 30 years ago.

Were vying against 3-4 other teams with literally buckets of money, we aren't gonna outspend them either transfer wise or wage wise. Poch, as much as I love the guy, doesn't give much of a shit for domestic trophies until he manages to stumble to a semi final and when he does the team implode. We managed to fluke or way to a CL final last season and were just limp as fuck. We have had a team in place well capable of winning a trophy but sadly due to the way football is Poch rightly or wrongly prioritises the league.

We could have a lot fucking worse than Levy, those questioning him have short memories of where we were and where we could have ended up.
We were in the Premier League. And in the 2 decades before Levy, had won 3 FA cups, a League cup and a Europe League title (then uefa cup.

So you would rather be that than a top 4 team with CL? We were close to bankruptcy. Football has changed.
I'd like us to be both. But who wouldn't,
What I don't like is the ethos of the club that's developed that views top 4 as success simply because it brings the riches of CL qualification. Profit means more than titles.
We used to hound Woolwich for this exact philosophy.
I'd like to see my club take a risk now and then. Take a chance instead of always balancing the books.
I'd like to see us be brave rather than trying to wing it through a season with 0 transfers.
In short, I agree with Poch

Not really Levy out but the club has a recent history of overcharging the fans.
Another fuck Up with CL ticket pricing.

They should Have offered either CL match pack or reduced pricing.
Instead we will end up with a less than 30k crowd full of Serbs.

Fans are not cash cows and it’s tough out there right now.

One day they might realise this.

I'd like us to be both. But who wouldn't,
What I don't like is the ethos of the club that's developed that views top 4 as success simply because it brings the riches of CL qualification. Profit means more than titles.
We used to hound Woolwich for this exact philosophy.
I'd like to see my club take a risk now and then. Take a chance instead of always balancing the books.
I'd like to see us be brave rather than trying to wing it through a season with 0 transfers.
In short, I agree with Poch

Look I am a massive Levyite, he (ENIC) has transformed us as a club I dont think anyone can argue with that. At the end of the day ENIC are an investment group they will want to turn a profit on usand I dont think they will ever make us a proper contender, that doesn't mean they haven't done right by us I think they have. Now Poch agreed with this philosophy he agreed "we needed to do things differently". As much as I love Poch also he has fucked me off no end with his comments in the media, the riddles and the ambiguous qoutes. This season he was backed, he got his players but for some reason he has gone missing.

I will happily keep him, IF he wants to be here and IF there is no better option. We will have to see how this pans out.

Look I am a massive Levyite, he (ENIC) has transformed us as a club I dont think anyone can argue with that. At the end of the day ENIC are an investment group they will want to turn a profit on usand I dont think they will ever make us a proper contender, that doesn't mean they haven't done right by us I think they have. Now Poch agreed with this philosophy he agreed "we needed to do things differently". As much as I love Poch also he has fucked me off no end with his comments in the media, the riddles and the ambiguous qoutes. This season he was backed, he got his players but for some reason he has gone missing.

I will happily keep him, IF he wants to be here and IF there is no better option. We will have to see how this pans out.
Fair enough. At least you've laid your'e cards on the table with your admiration of Levy.
Personally, I'm not so keen.
And although we had a few ropey years before ENIC turned up we had a few ropey ones after too.
We weren't always as shit as we were in the late 90s and early 2000's

We could have a lot fucking worse than Levy, those questioning him have short memories of where we were and where we could have ended up.
Wherever ENIC have taken us to should be considered against how fucking low Sugar had managed to get us to ( and I am more than aware of Scholar’s era ). As Greaves said - Sugar managed to turn Spurs into Wimbledon with fans. While they deserve credit, ENIC have not actually restored Tottenham to unprecedented levels.

Tottenham’s time for significant action came and went last summer | Eni Aluko

Eni joins the long list of pundits, with a little more insight than the mere peasants posting on here ,to acknowledge where the blame for the crisis really lies

I fully agree with this. Levy has been making the same mistakes all over again... although it's debatable whether they might be considered mistakes since his main objective was to make the club profitable.

Poch wasn't backed when he needed to be and he was clearly frustrated by this. We can't know for sure if backing him would have resulted in us getting better, but he had earned that chance with what he had done by that point.

On the other hand, Poch shares a good part of the blame for the current shitshow. Signings or no signings, an entire team doesn't turn to shit in less than a year. It's quite clear the players don't want him anymore. Getting a new coach will solve the problem, but we'll still be stuck with Levy and his antics... and that's a totally different kind of problem.

I fully agree with this. Levy has been making the same mistakes all over again... although it's debatable whether they might be considered mistakes since his main objective was to make the club profitable.

Poch wasn't backed when he needed to be and he was clearly frustrated by this. We can't know for sure if backing him would have resulted in us getting better, but he had earned that chance with what he had done by that point.

On the other hand, Poch shares a good part of the blame for the current shitshow. Signings or no signings, an entire team doesn't turn to shit in less than a year. It's quite clear the players don't want him anymore. Getting a new coach will solve the problem, but we'll still be stuck with Levy and his antics... and that's a totally different kind of problem.
Good post Johnny.
I don't think anyone is saying Poch hasn't made mistakes .

But as yourself, Eli, Jermaine, and pretty much everyone outside the cult of Daniel Levy recognises is that savking Poch does not tackle the root cause of the decline thats been unfolding before our eyes.

Like Eli said, it seems bizarre that the man who was forced to publicly ask for backing time and time again last year, then got none, is now thw man taking all the bullets from our own fans.

While the man who judges success by the balance sheet , as she puts it, gets another free pass.

Like Eli said, it seems bizarre that the man who was forced to publicly ask for backing time and time again last year, then got none, is now thw man taking all the bullets from our own fans.

but was he forced? Poch likes to say ill considered and bizzare things in press conferences, always has... it's one of his main weaknesses and could be the root cause of the current player discontent? Levy doesn't strike me as the sort of person to suddenly bend over because someone has moaned to the press...

I would be surprised if there isn't a manager who asks for more transfer money every season and pushes for more than is offered. Others just don't moan about it in the press as it doesn't result in more funds, it just pisses off the squad and casts doubt in the team's abilities...

Psychologically that must have a massive impact on your team and opponents.

Any rational person can see Levy put the stadium first, he had a plan to reach a certain level whilst this was on-going. Wasn't a small thing that's been achieved. Now the next phase needs to be focused on and we need to kick on... this is where there is an issue. Will we give enough financial backing to the manager? is Poch the right manager? Are this crop of players stale? For me now is when these difficult questions need to be answered

Back
Top Bottom