Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be hacked to bits by aggregators yeah definitely.

Nothing much really. He ends up saying about more money being invested into the team and also changes coming up not yet in the public domain over the next 12 months but it isn’t clear if he means stadium or club (I think just the stadium but could be wrong!).
I think the latter is UEFA/FFP changes

There’s no false equivalence between the two sides.

I don’t remember ENIC In posters making fun of facts. Or hurling anywhere near the amount of abuse. Or being as reluctant to acknowledge good points against their argument.

That last one is key. I don’t know a single ENIC in poster who hasn’t clearly stated criticisms of ENIC. On the other side, multiple posters have been pressed to explain the good and they make sarcastic comments about the food being better in the new stadium. One side is far more balanced than the other.

Finally, on the intelligence point, if we put in place a « your » index … the number of posters who don’t know the contraction of « you are »… then ENIC OUT would be a long way ahead.
Condescension yet again, must be a Parisien thing

What happens if Paratici is banned from plying his trade worldwide by FIFA before next summer?

Paratici isn't in charge of scouting. That's on Leonardo Gabbanini.

Paratici's role is much more than just scouting and buying players. He's the overall boss of the football side of the club. So losing him to a ban would obviously be a blow. But Gabbanini was brought in to handle the scouting and overall scouting strategy in the summer so that should roll on as normal.

and also changes coming up not yet in the public domain over the next 12 months but it isn’t clear if he means stadium or club (I think just the stadium but could be wrong!).
The journo who broke the Qatar news did mention that we were speaking to multiple interested investors. So there's plenty of room to speculate and plenty of ways that this could go.

Should keep the admins on here very happy with the constant traffic at least.

Fair enough, but if your intention is to sign conte and give him the backing he needs, but then you are unwilling to invest at the levels needed because of his shorter term contract isn’t that part of the reason people think we don’t have a consistent strategy?

Maybe Conte didn’t want a longer contract from the start but if the backing was the original intention, then you sign him on a longer contract and do the spend at the levels expected from him.
Absolutely this. The 18 month contract is a problem and one Levy shouldn't have agreed to, but after the Jose and Nuno debacles, he was up shit creek and needed a Conte to rescue the situation, even if it meant agreeing to a relatively short term fix.

All down to a lack of consistent strategy that was gradually eroded during the Poch years and then destroyed with the appointment of Jose.

Disingenuous, dishonest posts like these don't help the debate, dude.

Not you calling other people's posts disingenuous LMAO.

Pete Buttigieg Dnc Debates 2019 GIF by MSNBC

May as well close this thread tbh.

The Embarrassing turnout for the protest proves that those who criticise Levy and are willing to do anything about it are very much in the minority and therefore cannot and will not effect any change in direction at the club.
There may still be a core of people who are willing to sing the odd ENIC out song at the ground, but that's going to achieve nothing either.
The trust got sent packing with their tail between their legs. Scolded by the club.

I was never advocating for a walk out on the 22nd minute because if you've already bought the ticket it seems like a pointless gesture, I have always advocated for people to stop going altogether, but the fact we keep selling out proves I'm in the minority.

I suspect come the end of the season when Woolwich win the title and in all likelihood we fall short of winning a trophy due to the glaring issues in our team, that people may start to get more agitated. Could signal a C change in the fanbase.

Alternativley If we make top 4 and Woolwich don't win the league many people will see that as a successful season.

Whether people like it or not it will hinge on what that lot down the road do. If they win the league the pressure on ENIC WILL increase.

But for now at least clearly people have drunk the Sky Coolaid and are just content to make top 4 and chase that CL dream every year.

I'm boycotting attending games and buying any club merch until ENIC are gone, haven't been to the ground at all this season and only attended about 3 games last season.
But clearly I'm just a vocal minority right now.

Back
Top Bottom