Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, that's your perception of it.

I can 100% guarantee that Enic in posters have the same perception only in reverse.

The problem with both sides is that (most) posters are so entrenched in their position, due to perceived abuse from the other side, that they can't acknowledge a fair point when made by the opposing members.
Neither are they able to criticise "one of their own" when they over step the mark

Not true, I was ENIC in for years and since the summer 2021 managerial farce I've been ENIC out. When new information and experiences people do change their perceptions. Well, the smart ones anyway! 😂

Yeah it 100% happens on both sides but the ENIC in side tend to have this weird superiority complex where a good handful of the posters seem to think they're more intelligent because they support the owners.

ENIC out tend to get more frustrated/angry/abusive .. often in response to this.
There’s no false equivalence between the two sides.

I don’t remember ENIC In posters making fun of facts. Or hurling anywhere near the amount of abuse. Or being as reluctant to acknowledge good points against their argument.

That last one is key. I don’t know a single ENIC in poster who hasn’t clearly stated criticisms of ENIC. On the other side, multiple posters have been pressed to explain the good and they make sarcastic comments about the food being better in the new stadium. One side is far more balanced than the other.

Finally, on the intelligence point, if we put in place a « your » index … the number of posters who don’t know the contraction of « you are »… then ENIC OUT would be a long way ahead.

There’s no false equivalence between the two sides.

I don’t remember ENIC In posters making fun of facts. Or hurling anywhere near the amount of abuse. Or being as reluctant to acknowledge good points against their argument.

LOL the past 2-3 pages alone are basically ENIC in posters calling ENIC out poters idiots. Calling people stupid is abusive. There was also an ENIC in posters who said ENIC out posters were "special needs" and one of your lot only the other day was in another thread coming up with one of the worst comments I've seen on here.

John Thomas has been called a "cunt" more times than I care to remember too. So yes, lots of abuse from your side, whether you want to see it or not.

The protests should switch focus and see how many people will protest to get Levy to have a hair transplant.

He's stingy because he's bald. think about it, every bald mate you have conveniently nips to the toilet when it's their round.

if we got Levy to do a Conte, we'd be signing Gvardiol in no time.
Dont Like Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

This forum is 85% ENIC out but it won’t stop the ENIC in lot from constantly calling ENIC out posters idiots. Why are you posting on a website where you think at least 85% of the people there are stupid?

Most of them really aren’t that bright themselves, that’s the best bit. Can barely string a few sentences together with any degree of eloquence but quite happy flaunting their supposed intellectual superiority.

It's 85% of people that have voted, not 85% of the whole forum.

If the whole forum voted, I'd imagine it would be higher.
Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

I can live with ENIC as a model it’s the lack of football vision from the board that fucks me off. We hire a cheque book manager with a limited cheque book, we change managers and styles without any coherence.

It’s not for no reason both Brighton and Woolwich are massive performing, from top down they have a plan. Brighton are a league 1 team in the PL but are on the outside of CL football a incredible achievement, if their manager goes they hire a manager with a similar style, from top to bottom the football vision is clear.

Everything we do seems short term, it’s all opportunism. This season we should be fighting for the title, Liverpool are fucked, City a mess, United getting going but at the start of their Ten Hag journey, only Woolwich look set.

For want of 1-2 better CB’s and a goalie we would probably be 10-15 points better and neck and neck with Woolwich. Every time a gap opens we never appear ready, it’s always a hole here or there. As a club we are different from the other ‘’top 6’’ in that we truly seem to think 4th and no cups is an elite season.

We ain’t doing badly but with better plan, a more coherent strategy we could actually win things. We are selling ourselves short and it’s frustrating.
Top post.

There was also an ENIC in posters who said ENIC out posters were "special needs"

True, and he was rightly called out for it by me and numerous Enic out posters.

A few days later I was called a "div" (short for "special needs individual") and there wasn't a peep from the Enic out posters.

On the contrary one Enic out poster even tried to argue that this was an acceptable insult.
And another thought it was "funny"

LOL the past 2-3 pages alone are basically ENIC in posters calling ENIC out poters idiots. Calling people stupid is abusive. There was also an ENIC in posters who said ENIC out posters were "special needs" and one of your lot only the other day was in another thread coming up with one of the worst comments I've seen on here.

John Thomas has been called a "cunt" more times than I care to remember too. So yes, lots of abuse from your side, whether you want to see it or not.
I see one example of that. Guido on 1242.

There are definitely excesses that can’t be excused.

And there is also a definite difference in the reasonableness (extent to which people are amenable to reason) on both sides.

And both sides are not homogenous groups. There is clear variation.

John Thomas however is the Nigel Farage of the forum - his only purpose is to stir up emotions around ENIC, adding no serious value to the forum. I wouldn’t call him a cunt but I also wouldn’t object.

They have one of these concerts on the day of the FA Cup final.
What happens if, God willing, we get to the final and win it? “Sorry lads, can’t have a homecoming near the stadium, Beyoncé’s doing a gig.”

Parasites.
Is that what happens the night of an FA cup win? Fans have a « homecoming » near the stadium?

Will Deuterz Deuterz be homecoming queen?

I can live with ENIC as a model it’s the lack of football vision from the board that fucks me off. We hire a cheque book manager with a limited cheque book, we change managers and styles without any coherence.

It’s not for no reason both Brighton and Woolwich are massive performing, from top down they have a plan. Brighton are a league 1 team in the PL but are on the outside of CL football a incredible achievement, if their manager goes they hire a manager with a similar style, from top to bottom the football vision is clear.

Everything we do seems short term, it’s all opportunism. This season we should be fighting for the title, Liverpool are fucked, City a mess, United getting going but at the start of their Ten Hag journey, only Woolwich look set.

For want of 1-2 better CB’s and a goalie we would probably be 10-15 points better and neck and neck with Woolwich. Every time a gap opens we never appear ready, it’s always a hole here or there. As a club we are different from the other ‘’top 6’’ in that we truly seem to think 4th and no cups is an elite season.

We ain’t doing badly but with better plan, a more coherent strategy we could actually win things. We are selling ourselves short and it’s frustrating.
Very well put and pretty much where I come from.
To me, however, too much focus is put on non football events - NFL. Boxing, Lady fucking Gaga etc and whilst I can see that all these generate income, I want more of that income put into the football side of things on the pitch.

There aren't only 2 extremes to the ENIC argument, The ENIC in and ENIC out rivalry has been magnified particularly on social media because people have either been pushed or are putting themselves into a bracket to either defend and or attack the club purely on current emotion and feeling at the time.

The ENIC out thing is purely a meme and a movement for people to get their frustrations across at the board, the fact that only a handful of people turn up to protests tells you everything when the vast majority of people on social media claim to be ENIC out but in reality they are just over emotional beings who react in the moment when we are going through a bad period - It was the exact same thing with Woolwich when it Was Wenger In/Out.

There's only a few staunch ENIC outers who are true to their word and don't flip flop on the board when the club are doing good things. I don't even think that there's that many ENIC in'ers, I think there's a load of fans who sit on the fence who don't over react at every given opportunity, I think there's a load of fans who would rather the better the devil they knew, I think there's a load of fans who think ENIC have taken as far as they can but are more than respectable to the position they have put the club in (me for example)

Very well put and pretty much where I come from.
To me, however, too much focus is put on non football events - NFL. Boxing, Lady fucking Gaga etc and whilst I can see that all these generate income, I want more of that income put into the football side of things on the pitch.

You know what they can have 50 Lady Gaga concerts at the new WHL if I can begin to see a better vision how we operate as a football team. We are tacticians but we need to be strategists more. If that can happen we can build towards something.

I mean you can be short term like Chelsea were but that requires serious spending which we ain’t capable of so we need to have a longer clearer plan.

A lack of football direction, I can concede that’s one way to look at things.

However, it could be argued we do / did have a plan. Let’s get Levy away from football matters, so we signed a top DoF. The stadium revenue has really started to kick in, so get the chequebook manager in and back him.

But the devil then shit in our kettle and we have issues with both Paratici and Conte. Could we have foreseen these happening? Possibly.

I’d imagine the talks behind the scenes with Conte are going along the lines of “if you commit to stay, we will back you in the summer, but not knowing your plans, we are fucked if we were going to spend shitloads in January”.

Alternatively, we could just be sitting around looking confused. I’d bet on the first possibility.

A lack of football direction, I can concede that’s one way to look at things.

However, it could be argued we do / did have a plan. Let’s get Levy away from football matters, so we signed a top DoF. The stadium revenue has really started to kick in, so get the chequebook manager in and back him.

But the devil then shit in our kettle and we have issues with both Paratici and Conte. Could we have foreseen these happening? Possibly.

I’d imagine the talks behind the scenes with Conte are going along the lines of “if you commit to stay, we will back you in the summer, but not knowing your plans, we are fucked if we were going to spend shitloads in January”.

Alternatively, we could just be sitting around looking confused. I’d bet on the first possibility.
Fair enough, but if your intention is to sign conte and give him the backing he needs, but then you are unwilling to invest at the levels needed because of his shorter term contract isn’t that part of the reason people think we don’t have a consistent strategy?

Maybe Conte didn’t want a longer contract from the start but if the backing was the original intention, then you sign him on a longer contract and do the spend at the levels expected from him.

Back
Top Bottom