Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Airfixx Airfixx Why is your favourite chairman in the whole wide world persisting with a manager that is sending us backwards? Why are our owners persisting with someone who is sending us backwards?

Could it be that actually, our owners don't give a flying fuck as long as they are making profit?

Levy is making a massive mistake right now, that can’t be questioned

What I don’t understand is the people who don’t want Poch sacked, using not sacking him as a reason Levy doesn’t care about the club.

We lack an ambitious owner to take actions after 10 months of horrendous results.

What are the odds of heavy investment in Jan TW to turn the tide? Zero.

We were one step behind the likes of Man city and Liverpool, see where we are now!

The season is getting ruined, top 4 out of reach, another trophyless season, 3 players out of contract, all good work of Poch in previous seasons squandered, short of quality players, we are back to pre 2010 era. Bad times for Spurs supporters.

How long to recover is the question, if ever with current owners! No hope really.

Last edited:

What I don’t understand is the people who don’t want Poch sacked, using not sacking him as a reason Levy doesn’t care about the club.

Agreed mate, both are at fault, technically Levy isn't the one we should be pointing fingers at, it's the owners, although Levy is part of that system, therefore he is part of the blame but he's only doing his job.

Both the owners and the manager are to blame for this, the manager should be getting more from this team, the owners (including Levy) should be sacking the manager and rebuilding this club for sustainted success at the highest level.

The fact that none of that is happening is a complete failure on behalf of everyone involved with the running of the club but some people refuse to see it because they think we can do no better than we currently have.

It's such a roll over and have our bellies tickled mentality.

But that is the problem mate you don't take it in your stride but instead act petulant when anyone dares to question the club or worse question or disagree with you as evidenced last week when you told me not to give you a disagree rating.
FWIW I didn't look to get under your skin when I made that comment because I can do that easy against you because your not difficult opposition, instead I agreed with what he said regardless of who he was responding to instead of it being you.
You can be a good poster and sometimes I will agree as you well know and other times disagree like you to do others including myself, so why don't you lighten up and show a bit of respect because we all use the forum.
If I'm honest I have had my suspicions about you for a while because all you do is try to shut any dissention down classic club plant.

Think about what brought me to this thread.... I was 'called out'.... I'm not here to shut anything down.

By the same token I have little time nor tolerance for a lot of the ill-informed crap that gets slung at our club. That doesn't mean I'm "angry" about it....

I could have been far more cutting about our interactions over the last week or so (or more specifically the poor quality discourse you offered in opposition).... I chose not to cos can't be arsed.

Enjoy your day.

can't see Levy sacking Poch & coaching team, its down to money

why pay off Poch, wait until someone comes in for him
not being in top 4 or top 6 saves paying players bonuses
not playing in europe saves having to buy in top players
all the extra money that would come in from CL or EL would go out in transfers for players and wages, so saving money not being there
EPL pays club around £100M that will cover the club's costs so why not just stay outside of top 6 and don't win a cup
Have a think about what you’ve written here, you madman.

If Levy has a plan to not finish top six so he doesn’t have to pay out bonuses, why didn’t he sack Poch before now for having the temerity to finish top four?

You think we’ll fill our nice new stadium with ten years of seventh place? You honestly believe that Levy gets upset when we do well?

What chairman of what business wants their business to fail? That’s special talk. Not good special either.

Unless you were being funny. I hope to Christ you were.

Think about what brought me to this thread.... I was 'called out'.... I'm not here to shut anything down.

By the same token I have little time nor tolerance for a lot of the ill-informed crap that gets slung at our club. That doesn't mean I'm "angry" about it....

I could have been far more cutting about our interactions over the last week or so (or more specifically the poor quality discourse you offered in opposition).... I chose not to cos can't be arsed.

Enjoy your day.
See your doing it again sniping away about fucking discourse any normal person would say conversation, but again you think your intellectually superior to others and yet on the few occasions we have engaged you have not put me away once shocking.
But in closing have a nice day chuckles.:pochbye:

Feel a bit sorry for those who genuinely thought levy/enic would lead us to major trophies & put footballing matters before profit. They have been very supportive of them despite just a league cup in 18 years. Currently a mid table team with major trophies looking miles away. & still continue to back them even as things fall apart.

For many years levy has been awful with transfers, both buying & selling BUT they still talk about being levy'd like he is some sort of transfer genius. When in fact he struggles to sell unwanted & want away players. & makes signing players a million times harder than it needs to be. Now we are stuck with players running down there contracts so we have lost millions on sales. & lost even more on wages being payed to them & unwanted players. Add to the fact not backing us & getting in players has left us stale & in need of a massive overhaul. What a mess they have guided us in to. We will see how they respond which will be very telling. I for one can't see them doing what it will take for us to become winners.

Why do you feel bad for those who had a bit of belief in the club? The energy it came with and the ride along the way? Personally I enjoyed supporting the club going into crucial matches with a must win mentality. We were 2 games away from potentially being champions of England, 90 minutes away from being European champions!

I had a huge amount of fun during those times believing it could happen. I'd much rather drink those kind of emotions in than to always be negative about the prospects of it happening. It's a sport, not life and death, it was a wonderful release from the normality of supporting the club and if we make another final and we are the underdog, I'll still allow myself to dream of watching history I can tell my grandchildren about unfold.

The beauty of the game is in the romance of the game. Each to their own and all of that but my best seasons supporting the club were the years when the energy of potentially winning something was bouncing. Give me a season of near misses all day long over the dross I watched when I was growing up of us needed wins away at places like Barnsley in order to drag ourselves away from relegation.

ENIC have taken our team up a notch and have done so in a time where money rules the game. We have done so within our means which makes the push up the table in recent years all the more impressive. Did you ever think Spurs would be finishing above the likes of Chelsea or Man U 5-10 years back? I certainly didn't and even though this season looks like we are spent in many ways, the club goes on and it's not in financial disarray due to the safeguarding we've seem of it holding some of its finances back.

Last edited:
See your doing it again sniping away about fucking discourse any normal person would say conversation, but again you think your intellectually superior to others and yet on the few occasions we have engaged you have not put me away once shocking.
But in closing have a nice day chuckles.:pochbye:

LOL.... What a ridiculous post.

My choice of vocabulary means I'm "sniping"?

I'm no intellectual and make no claim to be.

The fact that you think this way is rather telling....

In a similar vein, we have peeps that wanted Levy out for not taking a huge financial risk on Poch now, just a few months later, wanting Levy out for not sacking him quick enough.

....Laughably oblivious to the contradictions of their stance and somehow feeling vindicated.

Winners.:llorishuh:

In a similar vein, we have peeps that wanted Levy out for not taking a huge financial risk on Poch now, just a few months later, wanting Levy out for not sacking him quick enough.

....Laughably oblivious to the contradictions of their stance and somehow feeling vindicated.

'
Spot on.

Backing the chairman right now and they dont even know it...pretty funny when they accuse others of licking his arse when most are pretty happy to accept that Levy´s dilly dallying is causing us to slide out of the CL into a relegation battle.

But they are the ones who support that dilly dallying while expecting ENIC to pack up and quit.

First casualty of any new owners is Poch

Why do you feel bad for those who had a bit of belief in the club? The energy it came with and the ride along the way? Personally I enjoyed supporting the club going into crucial matches with a must win mentality. We were 2 games away from potentially being champions of England, 90 minutes away from being European champions!

I had a huge amount of fun during those times believing it could happen. I'd much rather drink those kind of emotions in than to always be negative about the prospects of it happening. It's a sport, not life and death, it was a wonderful release from the normality of supporting the club and if we make another final and we are the underdog, I'll still allow myself to dream of watching history I can tell my grandchildren about unfold.

The beauty of the game is in the romance of the game. Each to their own and all of that but my best seasons supporting the club were the years when the energy of potentially winning something was bouncing. Give me a season of near misses all day long over the dross I watched when I was growing up of us needed wins away at places like Barnsley in order to drag ourselves away from relegation.

ENIC have taken our team up a notch and have done so in a time where money rules the game. We have done so within our means which makes the push up the table in recent years all the more impressive. Did you ever think Spurs would be finishing above the likes of Chelsea or Man U 5-10 years back? I certainly didn't and even though this season looks like we are spent in many ways, the club goes on and it's not in financial disarray due to the safeguarding we've seem of it holding some of its finances back.
For having faith in them bringing us major trophies & thinking that's what there ultimate goal was.

For having faith in them bringing us major trophies & thinking that's what there ultimate goal was.

Ultimate goal is/was to grow the club and sell it at a profit. They're an investment company.... No-one you're likely mocking was blind to this.

We are in so much better shape since they took over thus your crowing is simply lame.... 'Good' to see you wrenching some glee from our current plight tho.

Why would they not want to bring major trophies to the club? Surely if they want to raise the clubs profile and value, even if their main objective was based on monetary reasons they would still strive for such things?

I really dislike this view at the moment that a person owning a football club shouldn't be allowed to make profits from their hard work. Literally every other industry in the world focus on the bottom line so why should football be any different?

Here's the thing though, many people believed that the reason we underperformed in the league last season was down to our lack of depth and the fact we hadn't signed any players for TWO ENTIRE WINDOWS and was the only team in any league to do so and I still think there is merit in that argument, it certainly, I believe, changed the attitude of the manager and some of the players.

I still think that it had a major impact on our form taking a nosedive, the lack of significant backing and preparation for the future in regards to contracts falls squarely on the owners and chairman, you just don't like hearing it because you think we are blessed to have ENIC and Levy can do no wrong.

People also felt that because we had made it to the CL final against all odds and that under Poch our performances since his appointment had been generally trending upwards, that Poch had prioritised the CL over the PL due to the lack of that depth in the squad and Poch deserved the backing this window to rebuild and go again because the PL results would improve again.

I would say, given the knowledge people had up to that point it was an easy mistake to make, unlike you Air, many people have fluctuating opinions when the circumstances require it, not all of us are so deeply embedded in our biases that we have to rigidly stick to one thought process, for example, the chairman and owners can do no wrong.

Now, as far as the now goes (here comes the critical thinking part, watch out!) It's clearly obvious the manager should be doing better with the squad he has and no amount of money that our owners would throw at him would fix the situation because he was given signings this window and he isn't even using them, we should be doing far better with the squad that we have, at least on par with the results from the first half of last season snd yet we aren't, that's down to the manager.

That has been proven now, beyond a shadow of a doubt, however, our chairman is now at fault for allowing the failure to continue, that's also obvious.

You have to understand, that opinions ARE allowed to change, that you ARE allowed to look at a situation critically and think something only for you to think something else after new evidence is brought to light, that's how you develop as a human being.

Difficult concept for someone who refuses to take their head out of their arse for more than 5 seconds because they would rather think like a member of a cult than a person with the ability to adapt to new information.

Why would they not want to bring major trophies to the club? Surely if they want to raise the clubs profile and value, even if their main objective was based on monetary reasons they would still strive for such things?

I really dislike this view at the moment that a person owning a football club shouldn't be allowed to make profits from their hard work. Literally every other industry in the world focus on the bottom line so why should football be any different?

Some have this fantasy world where every owner is a Jack Walker and we'd be lucky enough to have the richest of them all.

I think we are on different pages. I didn't say they didn't want to bring major trophies. I can't think of owners who wouldn't?! I am saying I don't think that is there main goal/ objective, & that it isn't a real desire or main objective. Let's wait & see, I don't think they will win us any major trophies, you do. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I think we are on different pages. I didn't say they didn't want to bring major trophies. I can't think of owners who wouldn't?! I am saying I don't think that is there main goal/ objective, & that it isn't a real desire or main objective. Let's wait & see, I don't think they will win us any major trophies, you do. Only time will tell.

Your gloating is all a bit moot then.

Relegation is where the money is at

Here's the thing though, many people believed that the reason we underperformed in the league last season was down to our lack of depth and the fact we hadn't signed any players for TWO ENTIRE WINDOWS and was the only team in any league to do so and I still think there is merit in that argument, it certainly, I believe, changed the attitude of the manager and some of the players

Yet many also said we were fatigued, Wembley, injuries and had our best season in decades.
Theyve all forgotten what they said last year.

Eriksen wasnt shit last year, poor little thing was knackered.
Now he should have been sold.

Cake and eat springs to mind.

Back
Top Bottom