Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well in defence of those people the words from the ENIC hierarchy would suggest otherwise. I think the phrase ‘anchor tenants’ came from them. I don’t blame people for picking up on that. And to run with the question of fixture clashes, who do you think would take the hit? We both know it would be the football team. Ours, that is.

You see? I even have to qualify my comments even at this stage. Football? Fucking hell.
It's quite simple. it's a multi-purpose multi-sport stadium which is primarily used for football.

Currently there have been 6 times as many football events staged at WHL than all the other events COMBINED.

But it's not primarily a football ground.

Hilarity squared.
That’s not the point. It was built as a dual purpose stadium - not primarily as a football ground. I don’t mind whichever side of the argument you’re on, but it’s difficult to ignore this. Also you didn’t answer my question about who would have to move aside if there was a fixture clash. It would undoubtedly be THFC in their own ground. Some might say that’s wrong. It’s not really our ground is it? We just get to use it when the NFL aren’t around.

Well in defence of those people the words from the ENIC hierarchy would suggest otherwise. I think the phrase ‘anchor tenants’ came from them. I don’t blame people for picking up on that. And to run with the question of fixture clashes, who do you think would take the hit? We both know it would be the football team. Ours, that is.

You see? I even have to qualify my comments even at this stage. Football? Fucking hell.
If it is multi purpose multi sport stadium then main sport would be the one who make more money. Simple

That’s not the point. It was built as a dual purpose stadium - not primarily as a football ground. I don’t mind whichever side of the argument you’re on, but it’s difficult to ignore this. Also you didn’t answer my question about who would have to move aside if there was a fixture clash. It would undoubtedly be THFC in their own ground. Some might say that’s wrong. It’s not really our ground is it? We just get to use it when the NFL aren’t around.
You're just upset about the state of modern football, which is fine, and trying to use this as a stick to beat with.

What you are saying is ridiculous and you know it.

Again, there have been 6 times as many football events at the stadium than all other events combined.

You're all using theoreticals to back up your view. Whilst our side is supported with fact and figures.

If all youse worries come to pass, then we can cross that bridge. But the bridge ain't even been built yet.

We currently host two NFL events a year. Therefore it's not an NFL stadium.

When Wembley held an NFL game, was it then primarily an NFL ground? If not, then neither is WHL.

There is no money in athletics anyway.
Yeah, I know that. I’m saying that the main sport being played somewhere doesn’t necessarily confer ownership. I’m not arguing that ENIC don’t own the stadium btw. They obviously do, but I don’t support ENIC. It’s their train set - clearly they can do what they like with it.

No other PL club has hosted NFL because the income from the league is healthy and sufficient.
Wembley does host NFL because stadium is hardly used and has no income, also hosts other activities which is fair enough.
So can't really see why ENIC so heavily involved with NFL, even put so much into the new stadium design to facilitate that. We know it's all about money but it will have negative effect on THFC no natter what they say.
I am with Joe Clash Joe Clash camp and don't support enic, it's all about two greedy individuals. Strong words I know but it's about time to make a voice or we will suffer slowly.

You're just upset about the state of modern football, which is fine, and trying to use this as a stick to beat with.

What you are saying is ridiculous and you know it.

Again, there have been 6 times as many football events at the stadium than all other events combined.

You're all using theoreticals to back up your view. Whilst our side is supported with fact and figures.

If all youse worries come to pass, then we can cross that bridge. But the bridge ain't even been built yet.

We currently host two NFL events a year. Therefore it's not an NFL stadium.

When Wembley held an NFL game, was it then primarily an NFL ground? If not, then neither is WHL.
Wembley wasn’t built as an NFL ground - the Tottenham Hotspur stadium was. Mate you can stick in all the ‘therefores.’ you want, but it doesn’t make you correct. And what’s all this us and me shit? That’s not like you. However, I did notice you went from Poch in to Poch out pretty quickly. That was surprising given your clapperist default. Did he hurt you? You seemed pretty angry. Anyway you’re a decent sort and I hope you’ve got over it.

The truth always comes out eventually and it's about manipulating your truth to whether it supports what side of the fence you are when it comes to ENIC.

People will say the most ridiculous shit to make out they are the devil.

Next summer, it'll come to pass that there will have been more concerts here than NFL games

The stadium was also designed to incorporate that, will that then make WHL primarily a concert venue?

Lads, hating ENIC doesn't mean you have to lie to yourselves to push your agenda.

There is plenty of real life reasons to give them shit.

Making up a load of bollocks about White Hart Lane no longer being a football stadium because two nights out of 365 are dedicated to American football just makes you look a plum.

Wembley wasn’t built as an NFL ground - the Tottenham Hotspur stadium was. Mate you can stick in all the ‘therefores.’ you want, but it doesn’t make you correct. And what’s all this us and me shit? That’s not like you. However, I did notice you went from Poch in to Poch out pretty quickly. That was surprising given your clapperist default. Did he hurt you? You seemed pretty angry. Anyway you’re a decent sort and I hope you’ve got over it.
Us and them refers to the two sides of the debate.

One side has presented facts and figures to bolster their viewpoint.

One has presented theoreticals and speculation

As for the Poch in Poch out thing, I spoke in anger after Colchester, Brighton and Bayern.

I went backon my comments once I calmed down.

Last edited:
You're right, of course.
I don't know why I keep having to repeat the statement made in March by the Tottenham Hotspur head of business development.

"It's an NFL stadium and that's the key message

From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind .

The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, BUT, this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the United States"

A few posters have shit the bed and don't seem to appreciate these were the words coming directly from the heirarchy of the club. Not me, Hood, Scott, you or anyone else on here.

I simply made the point that this sort of approach from ENIC should be treated with caution by the fans.
We all know their dream is to land the inevitable US franchise, but will it be to the benefit of or the detriment of the soccer club.
The answer may not be as black and white as everyone seems to think.

Last edited:
You're right, of course.
I don't know why I keep having to repeat the statement made in March by the Tottenham Hotspur headof business development.

"It's an NFL stadium and that's the key message

From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind .

The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, BUT, this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the United States"

A few posters have shit the bed and don't seem to appreciate these were the words coming directly from the heirarchy of the club. Not me, Hood, Scott, you or anyone else on here.

I simply made the point that this sort of approach from ENIC should be treated with caution by the fans.
We all know their dream is to land the inevitable US franchise, but will it be to the benefit of or the detriment of the soccer club.
The answer may not be as black and white as everyone seems to think.
He also called it a football stadium and the historic home of Tottenham Hotspur.

Reply to BF3 and his financials or sit down.

You've made a fool of yourself enough.

End of the day we are the main users of an iconic stadium. The best in the country. It does generate a shit ton of money for the club. Regardless if ENIC pocket the events money.

That's pretty much where I am with it, as long as the NHL shit doesn't impact Spurs in a negative way I couldn't give a flying fuck whether ENIC trouser the money from it or not it is their stadium after all, I'm far more concerned how they use profits derived off of the back of Tottenham. I guess you could say they've probably taken on additional debt to build the stadium to incorporate NHL and lumped that on to Spurs.

I also agree with you that these NHL games are not as great of a money spinner as some people want to make out.

Back
Top Bottom