Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Levy is great. He's a great businessman. He likely sees spurs success being built for the future and not now. You could gamble and spend big now, when we are in a strong position. However that could put us under financial pressure if success doesn't come. Instead he grows us slowly, waiting for the stadium without investing too heavily in the squad. It's wise. Yes we are impatient and would love instant success. But I think he's a great long term chairman.
Dude l was with you man but it's becoming a drag. Paying himself mega bucks and not investing in the team bro leaves me snow bound .
l want to dig him but he's letting the team /Poch run buck shot.

I think Levy is great. He's a great businessman. He likely sees spurs success being built for the future and not now. You could gamble and spend big now, when we are in a strong position. However that could put us under financial pressure if success doesn't come. Instead he grows us slowly, waiting for the stadium without investing too heavily in the squad. It's wise. Yes we are impatient and would love instant success. But I think he's a great long term chairman.
It's a bit of a gamble not signing any one if we miss out on top 4 though. That will cost us dearly. & you're right, he is a good businessman with the amount of money he is getting out of the club.

Here's an interesting one to mull over for anyone saying Levy doesn't back Pochettino when need be. 5 out of our top 7 highest transfer fees ever paid have all been Pochettino signings.

Over £292m laid out on incomings, which is a pretty hefty slab to be fair & so far only one key player sold in the form of Walker
Transfer fees go up all the time from year to year so in 5 year's time if another manager was in charge his spending would be higher so how can you correlate different time periods surely it's confirmation bias.

Dude l was with you man but it's becoming a drag. Paying himself mega bucks and not investing in the team bro leaves me snow bound .

The mega bucks he pays himself don't come into it. He own's nearly 30% of Enic. He's a very rich man, a multi-multi millionaire. The guy has taken a lot of risks; if his businesses can pay him 12 million he can have it. Think of some of the useless footballers earning similar money and not deserving it.

Hello Daniel!

He doesn't pay himself Megabucks. Chairmen, chief execs etc in a well run company don't choose their own salary.

Even then, that 6 million pay off was a one off including some deferred bonuses. His actual salary for that year was believed to be in the region of 2.5 to 3 million, around the same level as gazidis at Woolwich

He doesn't pay himself Megabucks. Chairmen, chief execs etc in a well run company don't choose their own salary.

Even then, that 6 million pay off was a one off including some deferred bonuses. His actual salary for that year was believed to be in the region of 2.5 to 3 million, around the same level as gazidis at Woolwich
they pretty much do if they own the majority of shares and they want a salary rather than dividends.

in this case it would be decided by Levy and Lewis only.

It's amazing how many people are surprised that the longest standing chairman of a Premier league club which has seen exponential growth in 18 years is paid the best.

It's like they have no idea about business at all.

He is one of our, of not the, longest serving employee, who just so happens to be the most senior.

And he's paid the most? Colour me surprised.

Fuck off you tosser.....what, you said we’d be third and in all the cups by the end of January?

Fucking wankers all crawling out the woodwork prematurely telling everyone about our downfall.....Scott, Dane, now this Cunt

Bet you can’t wait for Chelsea to win tomorrow....”we support the players by saying they need replacing”

Biggest bunch of demented, fairweather pricks that ever graced the forum.

Nowhere to be seen unless there’s crisis in the air.

I made this fucking board you nought. I am proper spurs, you are about as Spursy as Kenny Samson, pissing himself in a park after his third bottle of cheap plonk.

I said these injuries would come, I said we needed adequate back up....OH HOW THEY LAUGHED!!!

I said we wouldn’t be in the ground this season....OH HOW THEY LAUGHED!!

Sammy let me take you to Spurs one day and explain to you where you are going wrong. I go for free if I wheel you in right?

He's a very rich man, a multi-multi millionaire.

Then strengthen the squad you tight-wadded schnorrer.

Whatever, I just wanted to offer some contrast to the sycophantic fawning over a bloke in a suit.

giphy.gif

It's amazing how many people are surprised that the longest standing chairman of a Premier league club which has seen exponential growth in 18 years is paid the best.

It's like they have no idea about business at all.

He is one of our, of not the, longest serving employee, who just so happens to be the most senior.

And he's paid the most? Colour me surprised.
He is a owner his reward is his growth of the asset. Feel free to pay yourself top wages but then don't be surprised if fans wonder why you are not paying top price for players.

Back
Top Bottom