Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure where else to put this; Real Madrid regains top spot in world football rich list Real Madrid tops football's rich list

For those who can’t be arsed to read it - we’re tenth, appearing in the top 10 for only the second time (last was 06/07). Main reason is the 54% increase in matchday revenue (buy some players, Levy!) from Wembley. It’s revenue only, not taking into account debt.

:adethumbup:

You say compared to their peers the players aren't paid the same. Kane gets a similar salary to Salah, Aubameyang, Aguero and Hazard. So that isn't true.

From all reports Kanes are quoted including bonuses the rest without, we know Aubameyang gets £15m if he stays for 3 years meaning his wages are at £300k pw (1/3 higher), similar for the others who's wage is the base.

I know we don't know exact details but we can only go on press reports.

From all reports Kanes are quoted including bonuses the rest without, we know Aubameyang gets £15m if he stays for 3 years meaning his wages are at £300k pw (1/3 higher), similar for the others who's wage is the base.

I know we don't know exact details but we can only go on press reports.

I don’t know why you keep comparing wages of clubs in debt, to one that isn’t.

They pay more for things because they operate with money that isn’t there’s.

It’s really quite simple

Last edited:
I don’t know why you keep comparing wages of clubs in debt, to one that isn’t.

They pay more, more things because they operate with money that isn’t there’s.

It’s really quite simple
Because someone is saying that our players are being paid in the top tier, this isn't the case. (Woolwich are not in debt).

This is the point I am clarifying not the why.

Because someone is saying that our players are being paid in the top tier, this isn't the case. (Woolwich are not in debt).

This is the point I am clarifying not the why.

But they also pointed out that Kane is in the top tier, just because shite like Ozil earn more doesn’t change that.

And woolwich didn’t buy players for nearly a decade for that exact reason.

But they also pointed out that Kane is in the top tier, just because shite like Ozil earn more doesn’t change that.

And woolwich didn’t buy players for nearly a decade for that exact reason.
If there is a tier above him that makes him second tier. Its not just Sanchez and Ozil is it.

Again I am on board with our policy but you can't make up facts to suit your argument.

Then strengthen the squad you tight-wadded schnorrer.

Whatever, I just wanted to offer some contrast to the sycophantic fawning over a bloke in a suit.

giphy.gif

No fawning from me, just no hate for someone who has managed to pay himself 12million on the back of his own work and achievements, suit or not. That's not to say I think he's faultless, but I've got no problem with him paying himself that kind of lump, unlike some fucking idiots who think everyone should be earning the same as the average man on the terraces.

If there is a tier above him that makes him second tier. Its not just Sanchez and Ozil is it.

Again I am on board with our policy but you can't make up facts to suit your argument.

But when the top tier is Man City, I’m not really sure what your point is.
Kane is on the same as Salah

Are Liverpool being tight

But when the top tier is Man City, I’m not really sure what your point is.
Kane is on the same as Salah

Are Liverpool being tight
Going around in circles a bit here - the wages of our players have been highlighted due to our Chairman being the top paid (this is including City) so discounting them for players is odd.

It is not only City that are paying significantly more Woolwich, Man U are also that is the top tier.

Saying: Kane is earning around 20%-40% less than the top tier and this is why.... is an argument I can get behind.
Saying: Kane is earning the same as the top earners is not a true statement (Lakaku -260 / Aguaro 250 / Aubameyang 300).

The way that the Kane deal was reported and others were not "up to" / "including bonuses" makes me believe we are comparing Kanes wages with bonuses against others base wage. There is no definitive here but we can make an educated guess when the relevant accounts come out.

Going around in circles a bit here - the wages of our players have been highlighted due to our Chairman being the top paid (this is including City) so discounting them for players is odd.

But Man City are 87% owned by a Sheik, is the deputy prime minister of the UAE, minister of presidential affairs and member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi. He is the half brother of the current President of UAE.

Its odd that you think Levys wages are the only reason we dont pay as much as Man City

It is not only City that are paying significantly more Woolwich, Man U are also that is the top tier.
And its been pointed out to you Woolwich paid ludicruus wages to average players on a massive gamble, and have suffered in the market because of it.
And that Utd pay more because they have a debt of half a billion pounds and we dont.

Saying: Kane is earning around 20%-40% less than the top tier and this is why.... is an argument I can get behind.
Saying: Kane is earning the same as the top earners is not a true statement (Lakaku -260 / Aguaro 250 / Aubameyang 300).

But you´re picking and choosing players to suit....Kane is on the same as Salah and Hazard.
If Woolwich are stupid enough to pay Aubameyang and Ozil £2.6M a month between them, whats that got to do with Spurs?

Kane could have left, but he signed

But Man City are 87% owned by a Sheik, is the deputy prime minister of the UAE, minister of presidential affairs and member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi. He is the half brother of the current President of UAE.

Its odd that you think Levys wages are the only reason we dont pay as much as Man City

And its been pointed out to you Woolwich paid ludicruus wages to average players on a massive gamble, and have suffered in the market because of it.
And that Utd pay more because they have a debt of half a billion pounds and we dont.

But you´re picking and choosing players to suit....Kane is on the same as Salah and Hazard.
If Woolwich are stupid enough to pay Aubameyang and Ozil £2.6M a month between them, whats that got to do with Spurs?

you are arguing why we don't pay Kane as much as the top earning players- I agree with this.

you are not arguing that we pay Kane the same as top earning players - we don't.

I have not made any judgment of our policy, my point has always been it looks bad for a chairman / club to talk about why we cant pay top wages while paying the chairman top wages.

Last edited:
I think Wenger had a policy of near enough wage parity with the first team squad?
Meaning Keiron Gibbs etc we're on wages above their worth. Team harmony achieved?

Yes I agree

Never said this, not part of the discussion

Yes I agree

We probably do have similar debt now and Man U are not in debt due to paying wages, money is leaving the club debt is not financing wages.

Cherry picking the top earners which is what we are talking about.

It has something to do with comparing wages

What's that got to do with whether he earns the same as anyone else?

You are arguing a point that I am not, again I am not arguing our wage policy I agree with it.

you are not arguing that we pay Kane the same as top earning players - we don't.

I have not made any judgment of our policy, my point has always been it looks bad for a chairman / club to talk about why we cant pay top wages while paying the chairman top wages.

It doesnt look bad if you look at the wages of the entire PL though and not just the 5 or so players who earn more, most of who, arguably shouldnt.

Regarding Levys wages, it would also be interesting to comapare it to the total Liverpool etc pay out to all their directors put together, rather than just compared to their highest paid director, which is always the case.

We probably do have similar debt now and Man U are not in debt due to paying wages, money is leaving the club debt is not financing wages.
But we have a new stadium, rather than Lukaku and Pogba

Cherry picking the top earners which is what we are talking about.
Then like I said, Salah and Hazard are also underpaid then

It has something to do with comparing wages
Aubameyang and Ozils wages over 5 years pays off our stadium debt. Maybe the club think about things like that?

What's that got to do with whether he earns the same as anyone else?

You are arguing a point that I am not, again I am not arguing our wage policy I agree with it.

How can you agree with it when you think it could be higher if Levy took a pay cut

Levy deserves every penny he is paid.

Gladys the tea lady deserves every penny she is paid

It’s none of our business nor our concern. Spurs are a private company after all.

As for Harry Kane’s wages. He gets what he agreed to get. If he wanted/wants more then he can negotiate. Again why is it of any real interest to any of us ? It’s only a stick with which to beat others ( pay him more or he will leave ) or ourselves ( oh god, please pay him more or he will leave )

Focus on the fact the club are 10th on the “Rich list” and enjoy over taking Arse Anal next year, while laughing at Wet Spam who think they are as “big” as us. Enjoy it. Don’t worry.

Now on to business. Buy some fucking players Levy !

It doesnt look bad if you look at the wages of the entire PL though and not just the 5 or so players who earn more, most of who, arguably shouldnt.

Regarding Levys wages, it would also be interesting to comapare it to the total Liverpool etc pay out to all their directors put together, rather than just compared to their highest paid director, which is always the case.
It doesnt look bad if you look at the wages of the entire PL though and not just the 5 or so players who earn more, most of who, arguably shouldn't. -- I am arguing a point of fact not judgment - Kane earns around 60-80% of the top paid players. You have your own opinion on whether this looks bad for Levy, in mine and others it doesn't look great championing wage control (we have the lowest Wage/Turnover in the league I believe) and voting to give yourself the top pay in your position.

It would be interesting to compare board room pay, is it available in the accounts.

Back
Top Bottom