Lennon: We gave speed a chance

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did - predictably you've edited that our from my reply and taken a single a-contextual sentence to suit your straw-man argument. I believe we're done here.

Where?

Wow, Zin - taking a few moments of brilliance from a single game against a dog-shit team to prove comments 'wrong' which have in turn been taken completely out of context - you make Sammy look like Mother Theresa. Chadli's wonder goal proves he's better than Lennon? Bentaleb's first pass forward in 10 games? In your own time . . .
I stand by my original comment in that article - selling Lennon makes zero sense as what he brings to our team as an attacking option would be hard to replicate unless we have someone better lined up in the transfer market.
That article is completely OTT and just the next installment in a series of scape-goat chapters who are looking to discredit all our 'old-guard' players and replace them with new shiny Lamelas. Dawson's already been retired by the experts, Defoe sold - so who is left after Lennon - Kane?
I stopped taking you seriously round about the time you started knocking Lennon for dropping backing and helping Walker defensively - you should seriously consider taking some time off, read that a few times, and think about it for a few minutes. And if supporting one of our most loyal and consistent performers over the last 7-8 years makes me a 'fan-boy' - with respect, making that claim makes you a colossal wanker of note.

or are you just making more shit up? Problem with you once something gets in your head thats it. Sherwood is a joke, Bentaleb is his love child, Barcelona are the devil anyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy enjoying a nice reacharound and when anyone challenges you to the same they are idiots for suggesting otherwise.

I've also hit the little disagree button next to every post in this thread from you now just to show you how petty you are when you do it.

Where?

or are you just making more shit up? Problem with you once something gets in your head thats it. Sherwood is a joke, Bentaleb is his love child, Barcelona are the devil anyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy enjoying a nice reacharound and when anyone challenges you to the same they are idiots for suggesting otherwise.
I've explained numerous times in this thread what I believe Lennon brings to our attacking play in general. Your subsequent reply has been some random .gifs from a single game and a wonder goal from Chadli. In addition to using his defensive contribution as a stick to beat him down. Then you brought it Bentaleb to this thread - completely unrelated to the discussion although part of your point-scoring agenda. I've outlined my take on the initial article (post 2 in this thread) and seem others feel the same way - if that makes us 'fan boys' in your view - there is little we can debate forward, really, especially since you are more concerned with some pro-Tim / anti-personal agenda anyway.

I've explained numerous times in this thread what I believe Lennon brings to our attacking play in general. Your subsequent reply has been some random .gifs from a single game and a wonder goal from Chadli. In addition to using his defensive contribution as a stick to beat him down. Then you brought it Bentaleb to this thread - completely unrelated to the discussion although part of your point-scoring agenda. I've outlined my take on the initial article (post 2 in this thread) and seem others feel the same way - if that makes us 'fan boys' in your view - there is little we can debate forward, really, especially since you are more concerned with some pro-Tim / anti-personal agenda anyway.

Completely unrelated? and you accuse me of not reading your posts? Bentaleb's assists, go have a look at what part of the pitch they were in - the one Lennon was, according to the official Spurs twitter, patrolling as SUPPORT WITH DEMBELE FOR ADEBAYOR. Bentaleb, a player with 7 or 8 games - not 7 to 8 years - under his belt who was playing BEHIND LENNON in a 4-3-3 formation - did exactly what Lennon was SUPPOSED TO BE DOING.

Completely unrelated? and you accuse me of not reading your posts? Bentaleb's assists, go have a look at what part of the pitch they were in - the one Lennon was, according to the official Spurs twitter, patrolling as SUPPORT WITH DEMBELE FOR ADEBAYOR. Bentaleb, a player with 7 or 8 games - not 7 to 8 years - under his belt who was playing BEHIND LENNON in a 4-3-3 formation - did exactly what Lennon was SUPPOSED TO BE DOING.
So Bentaleb performing well in his first game in 10 starts is proof Lennon should be sold (while also bearing in mind they don't even play in the same position)?

Last edited:
So Bentaleb performing well in his first game in 10 starts is proof Lennon should be sold (while also bearing in mind they don't even play in the same position)?

Try and stop being like sammy and find the post where I said he shouldn't be sold

:llorisserious:

You're doing the sammy thing again where you assume my post means something completely different. What my post meant was none of the current top 7 would try and snap him up on current form. Don't seem to mention anything about selling him there. Whereas this post - which quoted you and you clearly didn't read:

I don't believe I said he should be sold, I agree with most of what arlombardi is saying but not that part. I don't believe anyone has said Lennon is shit either just that we can do better. I think that better - on the right-wing - will be Townsend in the short-term and ultimately Lamela.
I still think he has a role to play if we are going to play 2 wingers as we only really have him and Townsend as pace merchants but if Sherwood is going to insist on his current tactics then only the right wing is a starting position and I think Townsend is more suited to it right now in terms of attacking intent.
Townsend's end product might not be there just yet but at least he's getting into positions to shoot and test the keeper, something Lennon when presented with a shooting opportunity quite frankly I always expect a tame shot on goal. Lennon almost always needs to be put through on goal to score.

So, just to clarify - if someone would be willing to buy him (from the Top 7) - would you be ok with selling him?

Back
Top Bottom