Lennon: We gave speed a chance

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Baines is undoubtedly a cracking full back. But Lennon hasn't been good enough in his last few games, Sunday wasn't an isolated performance.
Lets break the record for most posts in a row in one thread ... I'm not saying he hasnt been on top of his game recently , just saying that what he offers both on and off the ball is vastly underrated.

It's frightening how some people can turn on one of our most loyal consistent hard working performers when they are going through a rough patch. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see comments like ' He's a poor mans Alex Song ' labelled at sandro if he has a spell of poor performances in the future and fans have the cheek to brand players as disloyal.

Lennon was my player of the season last year, fantastic contributions that went unnoticed. Bombing it up and down the wing giving hell to left backs all over the UK and beyond.

He has however become stagnant, I believe this is due to the lack of competition he has had to battle with for a first team spot. If he upped his decisions or slowed down to keep up with his slow thinking then he would be a cracking player, the problem is that he won't and he can't.

I think it's time to part ways, he will be a player I've always adored and will remember, the transition from mid table to Uefa constants was his league. Now trying to break the glass ceiling, I think he has reached his limit with us, he is becoming more and more out of his depth and letting us down time and time again. This isn't his fault, it's just punching above his metaphorical height.

Well written article.

It's frightening how some people can turn on one of our most loyal consistent hard working performers when they are going through a rough patch. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see comments like ' He's a poor mans Alex Song ' labelled at sandro if he has a spell of poor performances in the future and fans have the cheek to brand players as disloyal.
And have the same people lauding and crying out for a brand new shiny new toy that hasnt offered anything yet.

Sandro is cult so above all criticism, every one else can and will be slated.

He's been solid - why should he be sold?

I don't believe I said he should be sold, I agree with most of what arlombardi is saying but not that part. I don't believe anyone has said Lennon is shit either just that we can do better. I think that better - on the right-wing - will be Townsend in the short-term and ultimately Lamela.

I still think he has a role to play if we are going to play 2 wingers as we only really have him and Townsend as pace merchants but if Sherwood is going to insist on his current tactics then only the right wing is a starting position and I think Townsend is more suited to it right now in terms of attacking intent.

Townsend's end product might not be there just yet but at least he's getting into positions to shoot and test the keeper, something Lennon when presented with a shooting opportunity quite frankly I always expect a tame shot on goal. Lennon almost always needs to be put through on goal to score.

And have the same people lauding and crying out for a brand new shiny new toy that hasnt offered anything yet.

Sandro is cult so above all criticism, every one else can and will be slated.

Yet it sounds like Lennon is your cult.

Sandro along with Vertonghen and Bale were our best players last season before his injury. There's nothing cult about that.

Yet it sounds like Lennon is your cult.

Sandro along with Vertonghen and Bale were our best players last season before his injury. There's nothing cult about that.

i agree , wasnt having a pop at Sandro. But he is more than a player for most fans , he has evolved into something more mythical, beyond reproach.

Me , i partially agree that there needs to be coming more from Lennon but completely disagree with the fact that he needs to be moved on.

Ok time to get out of this thread , have another wank over a picture of Lennon and after that sit in the corner ashamed and repeating the mantra love and peace love and peace

Lennon is class and those of you that disagree are bound to get clown aids soon.

Wow - my perception on a few posters has changed quite dramatically in 3 pages. Interesting discussion to say the least

Couldn't agree more with Lombardi's article.

Lennon's performance vs Hull was *cowardly*. He actively moved away from being in a position to receive the ball. This isn't the first time he's done this. He was abysmal vs Everton - that one on one with Jagielka was embarrassing.

Shirks responsibility (despite being an experienced player), doesn't deliver often enough, and doing a good job of protecting the full-back is not a good enough reason for him to keep his place.

Couldn't agree more with Lombardi's article.

Lennon's performance vs Hull was *cowardly*. He actively moved away from being in a position to receive the ball. This isn't the first time he's done this. He was abysmal vs Everton - that one on one with Jagielka was embarrassing.

Shirks responsibility (despite being an experienced player), doesn't deliver often enough, and doing a good job of protecting the full-back is not a good enough reason for him to keep his place.

Amen.

Lennon still has alot to offer its just his form has taken a huge dip the last few weeks and he has been looking a weak link which maybe why this article has been come up, probably best to rest him for a few games and let him come back hungry.

Back
Top Bottom