Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have had that trio under Poch, Mason , Nuno, Jose and now Conte.

All of those managers barring Mason had a transfer window or more to get rid.

Levy himself this week said that some of our transfers simply haven't worked out, and i for one would prefer us to buy say three players in the Summer and spend the money on buying out contracts than buying a fourth signing.

No other teams wants our shite, and no sensible Spurs fan can say that any of them are worth what the club is asking.
That's the point the club asking too much for deadwood. We will suffer defeats like today until the club gets a strategy and plans properly. At the moment there is no plan

Read what I said. Levy is responsible so is the club that is what I said. So yes Paratici as well.
So no need to jump to levys defence.

So "Levy & the club" typically means anything other than Levy? Let's not kid each other..... You made no mention of scouting........ My point here isn't to defend anyone, but if we've failed to identify a CB to significantly aid our cause in this last 2 windows then talk of "planning" and 'vision' is wide of the mark.

Dier is a prime example of a mediocre player who should have been sold 2 years ago. Again no plan

Like it or not Dier is a player that numerous managers have liked and sought to give a new contract.

"Plan" seems to have become a broad-brush buzzword.......

That's the point the club asking too much for deadwood. We will suffer defeats like today until the club gets a strategy and plans properly. At the moment there is no plan

Right now it seems that no club wanted to pay ANYTHING for our outcasts.......

...........Could it be that Europe is skint?

So "Levy & the club" typically means anything other than Levy? Let's not kid each other..... You made no mention of scouting........ My point here isn't to defend anyone, but if we've failed to identify a CB to significantly aid our cause in this last 2 windows then talk of "planning" and "vision" is wide of the mark.

Like it or not Dier is a player that numerous managers have liked and sought to give a new contract.
Ask yerself why Paul Mitchell left?
Since his departure the scouting has been terrible. That's why we've wasted so much money on duds. As for dier, he's been a liability for ages. I cannot get my head around why he hasn't been replaced

Ask yerself why Paul Mitchell left?

- The purse-strings had been tightened as we were about to start building a stadium.
- Poch didn't want to work with a DOF.
- (Son aside) he didn't have much else up his sleeve other than prem-proven players.

He said his "dream job had become a nightmare".

Since his departure the scouting has been terrible.

It wasn't much better when he was around anyway.

That's why we've wasted so much money on duds.

Again; you're talking about scouting; not "planning" and what typically gets considered "club" stuff.

As for dier, he's been a liability for ages. I cannot get my head around why he hasn't been replaced

I just told you why.

Should have eased porro in. Not throw him in deep end of premier league intensity. Sherwood talking a bit of bollox tbh. Porro will come good. It's the midfield that's the issue.
Conte said it straight up after the move: "Porro has a lot of experience and is ready to start right away". (paraphrase)

You're showing a disturbing lack of faith in Conte's infallability. Do you really support Spurs, son?

Tired of the shit TBH, don't let it get me down normally but the result really hit me today. No idea how people bother with other PL matches on weekends where we lose.
Man Utd/City/Woolwich/Chelsea/Liverpool? don't care.

If the players we want simply are not available in a thirty day window you can't blame the club for that.

Or should we just go find another Tanganga, Davies or Sanchez to satisfy the idiots demanding transfers simply for the sake of it?

I thought Conte said that it would take three to four transfer windows?

He has brought in eight and one out it Italy to come, that's nearly a starting eleven Levy has purchased.
It’s about being proactive, not reactive in the market isn’t it ? Find the player you want and get on with it. If they wanted Porro on 30 Jan they wanted him on 1 Jan, but wasted the whole fucking month piss balling around to pay exactly what they were told to pay on 1st Jan.

Tottenham are a cheap suit of a football club. And tragically inept at transfers in and out. The loans keep happening because we can’t sell anyone for anything close to the amortisation value. So we keep loaning them until they magically show as a profit on the balance sheet.

ENIC OUT.

Back
Top Bottom