Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again I'll say Wages will always be our downfall, let's be realistic here, teams like Liverpool City Utd etc are not that far behind us and infact we are all around a similar level yet they pay their best players 150k+/week while we pay around 70-100k... It might be ok now but in no way is it sutainable for the future in keeping and attracting talent

I think the best and ultimately most successful managers make but learn from their mistakes. Maybe the template for all that reach the pinnacke of whatever they do.

That we lost on Saturday in a match where our possession and chances gave us a fair chance of winning means the decisions on personnel and where they were played has understandably reared its head.

It is just frustrating to have lost..........again, in a key match and worse that it always brings unwanted rumours.

No club has such struggle but then maybe we need to cross that line instead of perenially falling short.

Pochettino has done too little wrong for him to be rounded on but that is not to say the decisions on Saturday cannot be questioned.

Walker is crucial to us but not critical. If a World record bid for a right back comes in (What Levy would demand) then let him go. The bigger issue is the ripple effect.

We are a massive club about to enter the next level with the new stadium. Players deserve to push against their worth but not to the point where they break a club's finances.

Wondering if there's any truth in those rumours that he might be considering his options in the summer given that he didn't start yesterday, or that happened just because Pochettino was impressed by Trippier's recent form.

Wondering if there's any truth in those rumours that he might be considering his options in the summer given that he didn't start yesterday, or that happened just because Pochettino was impressed by Trippier's recent form.

If the rumour that he complained about not starting the semi are true then he's forced Poch's hand......

He's repeatedly said that the players are paid to train, not paid to play.

Poch is right to stand up to him, no player is bigger than the club - particularly a player who was a pretty ropey full back in the not so distant past.

Kyle was poor against Palace but lets not get carried away he has been immense this season and beyond that. Trippier has been in great form and earned a start but let's not push Kyle out the door

We will see how it plays out - his top end is much higher than Trippier's. If he wants to leave then there is no point in trying to keep him, and Poch wouldn't want to at that point anyway, but its all speculation based on a couple of starts as of late - Walker hasn't looked the best since the international break.

Walker has never seemed like a particularly bright lad so wouldn't think it beyond the realm of possibility that people could turn his head.

Fingers crossed that isn't the case though

Fearless prediction...

He starts vs Spam and all is well again.

He's played a lot of football and hasn't looked sharp. Mental and physical fatigue could be an issue.

He got brought on as a sub though. If there's been a falling out you'd expect him to not even be on the bench. Poch doesn't fuck around in those sort of situations.

I call bullshit on that story, but think it's possible he could be wanting to leave.

I'm a huge fan of Walker. Always have been. But Walker on the bench for Spurs two biggest games this years is pretty telling for me. First and foremost, its a big time compliment to Trippier, his current ability and the confidence that Poch has in him as basically 1B RWB status for Spurs. Secondly, with the growing demand for this position via this newly favored 3-4-3 set-up and Walker's ability to likely double his wages elsewhere, he seems the likeliest of the Spurs current preferred s11 to exit this summer. Not too mention, the haul for Levy will be quite sizable in a summer where funds are clearly needed with the new stadium investment. I obviously hope he stays, but a lot of dynamics point to Walker's departure.

I don't want to see any of our megabucks players leave (NB I don't consider Sissoko one of these) but if we had to lose one it would be Walker mainly cos I really rate Tripper. But if we do sell must be abroad and not to one of our rivals

As the rumors swirl

Man, there are so many chinese whispers with these things.

Why now? We're in amazing form and closing on (at least) a 2nd place finish - our highest ever in the Premier League. New stadium in a year's time. Beloved by the fans.

If I may go a little 'Devil's Advocate' for a moment... If the rumours about Walker are true, then one might make the argument that of all the players we have, he is the most replaceable. I love him, I don't want him to go anywhere: but I think one of the reasons he would be incredibly foolish to leave us is that Poch has clearly proven himself to be the fullback-whisperer - every full back that he's coached has performed out of their skin, and often regresses when moving on to play under a different manager.

There is a certain logic to the 'about to be in his prime/wants the big paycheck while he can' argument. Though I'd bet good money that moving to Man City would see him get absolutely ruined by Guardiola.

Hopefully it's all nonsense or just rumblings before he gets a pay bump by Spurs or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom