Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell a first teamer and replace with a bench player (Barkley £40m?)... + Strengthen City?

No way we were actively looking to sell KW before he had his head turned.

Dissapointing to say the least. :harryhmm:

...To think I've seen this described as a win/win.

You watch, they'll pay the same for Mendy and £50m suddenly won't feel 'premium' at all.

This is the only thing that will disappoint me; if we spent the majority of this great fee on Barkley then it will undermine a good sale. I really don't rate Barkley now. He had potential but he hasn't progressed in my view. I could be wrong of course, but that rarely happens, frankly. I hope we sign someone good with the money as that will make it all a good move.

Thanks for the memories Kyle. Lots of heart in the mouth moments (as well as some great play), and it's telling your best years have been under Poch. But oh well, enjoy the pay day.

P.S. hope you do shit up there

I don't like this.
You can argue it is good money, and it is, but it is weakening us and strengthening a rival.
Without him City basically have nobody in their squad who can play right back/wing back.

No defender has ever been sold for more.

How can we even question the price. No defender will leave for any higher this window. Its an absolutely ridiculous price for a right back.

A replacement that Pochettino will want will cost less than half of that.

Everyone is laughing at City right now for even paying the price.

They'll pay much the same for Mendy or another LB from Europe = No 'premium' on KW.

Last edited:
Theyve spent enough to have bought Lennon or McCartney, and got Ringo instead. Can we get a better drummer for less than £50m? Or have we got good enough ones at WHL already?

Yeh.... 'Selling Elvis and buying the Beatles'.... Let's try that again. :allitongue:

Great, selling our players to a rival club. 50 million which had better be spent on allowing Poch to get in who he thinks will strengthen us.

As for walker, thanks for the memories and I hope you are a massive failure at man city and please don't issue the usual hollow crap thanking the fans for your time here and so on, just fuck off

Fact is: No one knows how this will pan out. Go back and look at the posts bemoaning getting Poch in over Van Gaal for proof. Or Bale not starting a winning game for 2 years.

Walker may be a flop at City, we may sign someone even better. Trippier may have the season of his life next year.

Or it may all go fucking pear shaped.

That is the beauty of football.

Calculated Risks.

I'm willing to take the gamble that the amount of points that City will gain as a direct result of having Walker in their side will be less than the amount we lose for not having him. If that makes sense.

Shouldn't be selling our best players to a rival in mine

Correct, so clearly Pochettino does not see him in that bracket any longer.

My concern is the drift in perception it causes but if we now reinvest quickly and use the money wisely it could work out favourably.

Walker won us few games and is not a leader. Let that baby Guardiola have him.

Back
Top Bottom