Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we're going to lose any of the starting 11 from last season I'm more then happy it's only walker , did we look any worse when trippier played I think not , walker is good but if someone offers £50m for him you pay for the taxi .trippier is more then good enough to start if not then we have the money to invest in some someone else and invest in the squad I see it as a win win situation .

So a world record fee for a defender. An attacking full back who's not great at crossing and who ain't so great at defending but has lightning pace that bails him out of most of his mistakes.

And he's c. 27/28 so not going to get any faster.

Don't like selling to a rival, however holding players against their will doesn't seem sensible to me.

Be nice to see the money go back into a new player and a golden handcuff contract for Toby.

Sell a first teamer and replace with a bench player (Barkley £40m?)... + Strengthen City?

No way we were actively looking to sell KW before he had his head turned.

Dissapointing to say the least. :harryhmm:

...To think I've seen this described as a win/win.

You watch, they'll pay the same for Mendy and £50m suddenly won't feel 'premium' at all.

Tripper is most certainly not better - why didn't City sign him for 50m?

I prefer Walker as well, but I can see both sides to the Walker vs Trippier debate. And I really have no idea who City preferred, but what I do know is the club preferred to sell Walker and keep Trippier. He improved a ton last year and should only get better. I would've loved to see Walker leave the Prem, but I no other club was getting close to that 50M price tag. Spurs history with this type of dynamic makes this type of move very uncomfortable which is understandable, but I really think this move was essential to any sizable purchases during this TW.

I prefer Walker as well, but I can see both sides to the Walker vs Trippier debate. And I really have no idea who City preferred, but what I do know is the club preferred to sell Walker and keep Trippier. He improved a ton last year and should only get better. I would've loved to see Walker leave the Prem, but I no other club was getting close to that 50M price tag. Spurs history with this type of dynamic makes this type of move very uncomfortable which is understandable, but I really think this move was essential to any sizable purchases during this TW.
Fair enoughsky

No defender has ever been sold for more.

How can we even question the price. No defender will leave for any higher this window. Its an absolutely ridiculous price for a right back.

A replacement that Pochettino will want will cost less than half of that.

Everyone is laughing at City right now for even paying the price.

If he does leave, atleast Rose will kick the shit out of him for 180 minutes.

I'd genuinely fancy Rose to get the better of anyone, even Walker. Walker at Citeh, like at Spurs will better most LBs in the league though. I am content letting Walker go if he wants to go. Shame, but I have no hard feelings toward him, he's served us well and we are getting a great fee. We can replace him well enough that the amount of money is worth it, and I think we will still be a better team than Citeh next season even though they are strengthened by him.

Back
Top Bottom