Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding our conversation about it being weird to not sign a RB if he's not ready..

"No, maybe my English still needs to improve (laughs). Maybe I just want to explain to you that after Kieran Trippier's injury at Wembley last week we did not want to put all the pressure on him," he said.

"Maybe we need to go step by step with him. He is so young and I tried to avoid that, because only in my mind he was nearly 99% to play today. But if I told you he would play it's a massive pressure on him and sometimes to avoid that."

"For him it was fantastic to have the week training and knowing that he may have the possibility to play. Yesterday when I told him that he would play I think he was calm and ready because the pre-season was fantastic for him. To play in different games, tough games against Manchester City, Juventus or Roma or PSG.

Adorable. He's like a protective father.

Our secret weapon.

We've been hiding him all season but here he is. Two Premier League starts to his name, two assists, one man of the match performance.

Provided brilliant width at times and not afraid to get forward. What I liked most was how comfortable he was on the ball. Excellent delivery at times too.

Would be absolutely amazed if he isn't one of our two choice right backs next season. Him as a right wing back in a settled defence with a solid central midfield and he'll be a stand out highlight to next season in our new stadium.

There are more than a few on here that are in the wrong jobs. They obviously should be defensive coaches at premier league clubs.

Or midfeld coaches.

Or attacking coaches.

Or maybe all three as they seem to know everything.

Good enough to play against lower PL sides but when it comes to the best this bloke is out of his depth.

MasculineBountifulGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Good thing we don't play against Barca at the Nou Camp every week.

Give the lad a chance. Only with experience and games under his belt will he improve. Right now he is doing well

Last edited:
Awful is a bit harsh.

Considering he was better than Rose. Again. For the second week running.

Or are we in agreement that Rose isn't good enough?

Should probably bin all crosses then as they are so low percentage. Fuck off goal kicks too, don't see them result in goals very much either. In fact why bother with throw-ins they're fucking useless. Long balls from the back rarely lead to an assist too so keep everything short. No wait short passes are just a bunch of passes that don't lead to a goal either... too low percentage.

Shit this tactics lark is well hard init.

Getting motm is exactly what the guy needs. Will be a huge confidence boost going into the next game.
Sky actually doing us a favour with that one.

Being clinical, I really can't see past it being a narrative-award though: in a similar fashion to Kyle Walker getting it yesterday against Brighton. Surely Eriksen, contributing with two assists, did more to deserve MotM today?

Regardless, happy for Walker-Peters and as you said it will only help his development. Thought he looked more and more solid as the game went on (and not simply due to playing against ten men).

My memory could be wrong, but I remember loaning them a weak as piss winger, and getting back a strong full back.

I remember thinking Adam Smith, Luke Young and Stephen Kelly would all become first team players in time for us.. The same with KWP for years. I'm overly optimistic about our academy products - but this lad I now would just like to see us claim a bit of cash for - anything over about £8m would seem good.

Genuinely don'y think he has a future playing for us as much as a shame I think that is to say.

24 senior appearances at age 22 is really poor though in his defence. Dele is 1 year and 2 days older than him, and had 33 senior England caps by that age, aside from his 150+ senior appearances.

A loan could work, but there's value in selling an English youth prospect. He turns 23 in April, and fear his potential value will decrease as his age increases.

Your memory would be wrong. Rose played quite a fair few games for us at left back when Redknapp converted him and put in some man of the match performances away at Anfield (last time we won there) and the Etihad. However he became enemy number one when he got sent off against Villa in a game we needed to win to finish top three.

If KWP had followed the route of getting loaned out from 18 years old onwards, gained the experience and game time from lower leagues up to potential Premier League we may have an international on our hands. Unfortunately he was handled horribly by Pochettino and as such may just end up being an okay full back playing for another Prem club

Then again that's all I thought Rose would be and he ended up being one of the best in Europe for a season or two. At Sunderland, he was 22 and had no future at Spurs, I remember him deleting his social media in 2014 when he signed a new deal under Poch because of the abuse our own fans gave him.

I'll be sorry to see him go, as he is a Spur through-and-through, and I still don't think he was given a fair crack of the whip by Poch or Jose.
But I understand that for his own good, he needs to move on for his own well being and career. So I wish him well (apart from when he plays against us, obviously).

Back
Top Bottom