Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lesson: If you keep giving the ball away outside your own box you won’t last long with Mourinho. Or Poch really, it’s why he got rid of Bentaleb in my opinion. Look after the ball is rule one.
It wasn't why Bentaleb went out of favour. There's a fair bit written about it now.

Foyth is a genuine baller. Played better than Tanganga too who has only played ONE great game, his debut against Liverpool (I really like him but he's been played out of position and has been ripped a new one in most games post-Liverpool, but still liked the way he competed even though he lost most of his 1v1's).

In fact, I'd love to see Foyth, Sanchez & Tanganga compete for places at Spurs. All are still under 23. Foyth is only 1yr older that Tanganga and is a full international for Argentina!!

Foyth is a genuine baller. Played better than Tanganga too who has only played ONE great game, his debut against Liverpool (I really like him but he's been played out of position and has been ripped a new one in most games post-Liverpool, but still liked the way he competed even though he lost most of his 1v1's).

In fact, I'd love to see Foyth, Sanchez & Tanganga compete for places at Spurs. All are still under 23. Foyth is only 1yr older that Tanganga and is a full international for Argentina!!

He's a player that would benefit from us having a run at the Europa League next season.

He's a player that would benefit from us having a run at the Europa League next season.
Without a doubt.

It's really hard to say what Foyth is or will be at this point. Is he more "talented" than Tanganga? I think without question he is but that doesn't mean he will be a better player. Tanganga is extremely composed whereas Foyth needs game experience to become more comfortable.

He absolutely needs to be loaned out when football is back.

Foyth would be a great DM. Confident on the ball, can beat a his man, not afraid to put his foot in, and can put in a good forward pass. He’s just gotta cut out the moments where his brain stops working

Might help if he got a run on the team rather than couple of games then dropped consistency could be key then you could say that about countless other players that didn’t get a chance.

He would benefit playing.

A lot has so much on how the bus parker Jose has us set up when we resume. If he continues to park the bus then Foyth has little chance to impose himself under this appalling approach, why have a ballplayer at CB when all he wants from his CB's is to lump it long?

Foyth lacks the pace of Tanganga and Sanchez, so I see Jose favouring then over him if just wants to be defensive. If Jose wants to focus more on a possession game then that's when he can make an impression, just as Jan did when bringing the ball out from the back, he can add even more to the team if we are still struggling with a functioning/dynamic 6.

Fair play, bring him home.

:dierpochhug:
Always was a big fan of his. But I think it shows just how much of the game is in the head. How it takes a certain relationship between a player and Manager that can elevate a players game (and visa versa). I absolutely haven't followed Bentaleb's career post-Spurs, only managed to watch a handful of games, but he still doesn't look to have repeated the early games that he did under Poch. His work rate was phenomenal, a busy bastard in the midfield, occasionally a bit too nonchalant sometimes, but at his age, I kind of liked it so long as he overall kept humble.......we never really got to find out.

He would benefit playing.

A lot has so much on how the bus parker Jose has us set up when we resume. If he continues to park the bus then Foyth has little chance to impose himself under this appalling approach, why have a ballplayer at CB when all he wants from his CB's is to lump it long?

Foyth lacks the pace of Tanganga and Sanchez, so I see Jose favouring then over him if just wants to be defensive. If Jose wants to focus more on a possession game then that's when he can make an impression, just as Jan did when bringing the ball out from the back, he can add even more to the team if we are still struggling with a functioning/dynamic 6.
The Norwich 2-2 was a disaster for him, he gave the ball away and got away with it a couple of times, then did it and it cost us a goal. He got the hook at half time and I am not sure we have seen him again.

The Norwich 2-2 was a disaster for him, he gave the ball away and got away with it a couple of times, then did it and it cost us a goal. He got the hook at half time and I am not sure we have seen him again.
I probably need to rewatch the games again to remind myself of the specifics. But it's important to bear in mind he would have been 21yrs old and that I love to see a young player to be brave on the ball than not be. Lastly, and why it pays to rewatch case by case it's worth seeing what other players/teammates were doing, were they showing for the ball etc. If my brain cells are functioning correctly he got pelters for something he did against Wolves(??) when it was Tripps playing next to him who played a significant part.

But more than anything, he has taken particular blame on an action when other defenders haven't. Mainly both Toby and Vertonghen were shite (Toby was the previous season too), making errors every game that lead to goals but no such concern.

Correct, all caused by a heavy touch. The reaction of Ndombele and Alderweireld was also very poor.

However, we got immensely lucky with the Pukki goal, and if you need an example our Belgians have lost it, there you go.

I doubt whether a) the Premier League is the right competition for him and b) whether he will become good enough for the highest level or at least the Champions League. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at a midtable side in La Liga.

Foyth would be a great DM. Confident on the ball, can beat a his man, not afraid to put his foot in, and can put in a good forward pass. He’s just gotta cut out the moments where his brain stops working
I also find it incredible that neither Mourinho nor Poch ever tried him in front of the back four. I think he possesses all the qualities to thrive in this position if the right coach honed in on these traits. Sadly it looks like he’s heading for the scrap heap. We will regret it.

Might help if he got a run on the team rather than couple of games then dropped consistency could be key then you could say that about countless other players that didn’t get a chance.

Making it at a top club is about seizing your opportunity, especially when you are a young player. He was given a big chance in that game against Norwich and fucked it, he has made horrible errors consistently in his time here. He’s also had quite a few injuries which have hobbled him this season.

I like the lad but he’s basically a Lamela who plays at CB, that is not a good recipe. We want our defenders to be able to play football but that doesn’t mean trying to dribble up the pitch. A manager like Mou is always going to be wary of a centre back who tries to take on opponents when he has the ball. Being brave is great, that‘s not the same as being silly. The PL is not the league for defenders who enjoy being silly.

Making it at a top club is about seizing your opportunity, especially when you are a young player. He was given a big chance in that game against Norwich and fucked it, he has made horrible errors consistently in his time here. He’s also had quite a few injuries which have hobbled him this season.

I like the lad but he’s basically a Lamela who plays at CB, that is not a good recipe. We want our defenders to be able to play football but that doesn’t mean trying to dribble up the pitch. A manager like Mou is always going to be wary of a centre back who tries to take on opponents when he has the ball. Being brave is great, that‘s not the same as being silly. The PL is not the league for defenders who enjoy being silly.

Whilst I agree with that, to be fair he hasn't had a decent run of games and it isn't as if our other defenders haven't made a load of errors nearly every game. He made a mistake against Norwich but he was hardly the last man.

I'd also like to see him loaned out to a team where he'd get first team experience consistently.

Back
Top Bottom