Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always Liked Jose....

2B6BEB5600000578-0-image-a-14_1439767743612.jpg

And with this announcement i think we finally establish ourselves as one of the "big modern football clubs".

Business over Integrity
Money over Soul

It is the game we are in now, so it makes sense to play by the same rules. But will we see the same level of investment that is expected to play the game this way? I doubt it.

I had started to come to terms with the fact that Poch was never going to claw it back, or rather he was never going to get the time or resources to do it.

In the modern game - a manager that loses the dressing room is simply playing out the inevitable. Paying off a manager at the cost of £12.5m or 2/3 of the playing staff at the cost of £300m will always be a simple equation especially for someone as shrewd (tight) as Levy.

So here we are. The trophy hunters will probably get their wish but at what cost? Glory Glory.

P.S. I've just had 50 notes with a gooner that we'll still finish above them. FML.

Poch lost his way, that's not up for debate, and when I got the news of his sacking, I have to admit it left a void. Regardless of this year's trials and tribulations, you felt a continuity with Poch being there.

Now we have Jose, a successful manager, maybe a few years out of his prime. Will we stop looking for young players and start bringing in older players. Will he sort out problem players like Aurier, Alderweireld and Eriksen? And most importantly

Will he rebuild us as serious contenders or turn us into the next chapter of his post-Real circus world.

If he hits the ground running and we get results, then it could be quite a ride.

As others have said, we support the Club not the individuals, Spurs will be here far longer than any manager or Player.

I have in the past detested the fella, but he is now ours. Be weird seeing him in press conferences causing shit and stirring it up, but for our benefit and not others.

149 to Seven Sisters, train to Islington.
Takes half an hour.....you’ll be in good company, don’t come back you fucking sham

You seriously think I give a fuck about the opinion of yours and the other uoriginal cunts making the same kind of comments? In my opinion, you are farcical fans, cheering for the apointment of a destructive scam artist as our manager. He can, and most likely will, set our clubs development back a decade.

In my book, you are the bad fans.

I’m no fan of the arrogant Jose and he certainly lost it a bit lately but the football head is there and he can still win things. Big plus is that, providing he doesn’t come in all high and mighty again and piss off our players, then we could well hang on to Kane etc who might have walked sooner rather than later. They can believe that they can win anything with Jose.
Grin and bear it chaps, we may be supping with the devil but we could finally get some silverware!

You seriously think I give a fuck about the opinion of yours and the other uoriginal cunts making the same kind of comments? In my opinion, you are farcical fans, cheering for the apointment of a destructive scam artist as our manager. He can, and most likely will, set our clubs development back a decade.

In my book, you are the bad fans.

You want Spurs to lose

You´re not a fan, and I have no interest in your views. Bye

I’ve said for a while now that our team lacks an utter cunt. Pretty sure having one as a manager will make a huge difference to our performances. Couldn’t be happier if Mourinho comes on board.
Yeah have to agree, if he can get a bit of needle back into the likes of Dele then we'll start to worry teams. We've definitely got soft and all of us would like to see some fire back in the players.

Having Pochettino was like having this romantic relationship with this attractive girl who would give you a climax orgasm now and then but you always felt you were never going to end up (after all she made some stupid decisions during sex, like starting the intercourse with some weird turn-offs and holding (and often runining) your orgasms.

And you felt she was never going to be able to give you a baby.

The relationship went sour over the months after she was telling you that she got pregnant, only to have yet another spontanious abortion. You loved her, but you felt it was the right time to let go, as this stunning, once higly sought-after 10/10 portugese instagram model was available on the market after getting ditched by this rich and powerful guy who went for a 16-year old somewhat weird looking blonde Norwegian instead.

However, you know this model had kids in all her previous marriages, and you use that benefit, hoping she also could give you some kids as well. But there is also this sneaky feeling that she’s maybe too old, she can behave like a bitch sometimes, and you fear that you are going to empty your pockets on her in order for her to give you what you want. You are unsure on if its worth it. But you choose to start to date her because of all the attention you are getting...
And that is were we are now.
Is this ending up in disaster or a guilty pleasure?

4-2-3-1. Which is a variation of 4-3-3.
Well, in the sense that there are ten outfield players divided between defence, midfield and attack, yeah.

At Madrid he introduced a new term to Spanish football, the triple pivote, with three holding-type midfielders, that was sort of defensive 4-3-3 I suppose, though not the sort that people were crying out for lately.

Whatever, as others have said, he's our cunt now, we have to support him and the players he picks. No use crying over spilt milk, Tottenham Till I Die and so forth.

I went bandy when we won the League Cup, I will when we do so with Mourinho

Anyone quietly confident that this will turn into a success story?

As a long time lurker on this forum, I am genuinely quite excited about the drama this will bring to the club. Football is entertainment, isn't it? I was dreading matchdays over the past few months. Now I can't wait for the Spammers at the weekend!

Poch was fantastic for us and has transformed the definition of success for us. That we can't, and mustn't, forget. However, it's all gone very stale over the past 12 months (the CL run papered over the cracks...25 points in 24 league games tells the full story). All good things come to an end, and we need to look forwards now and get behind the team and the new manager. Not dwell on the past.

Jose is undeniably box office and a proven winner. Isn't that what we all want for the club? Silverware?

To dare is to do....the game is all about glory. Seems a daring appointment and Mou is a manager accustomed to glory...!

Strap your seatbelts on, folks, it's going to be one hell of a ride!

ive been thinking more about this, this Mourinho appointment could be terrible, people like Winks, foyth and sess wont get a chance now - all the team chemistry anf togetherness (depsite recent fallouts) could all be ruined. Can you seriously imagine players like Son having the same type of relationship with Mourinho
He'll love Son because he's an incredible player, not arsed about the other three, if they earn a spot then great, otherwise happy to see better players starting and coming in.

[/QUOTE]
And with this announcement i think we finally establish ourselves as one of the "big modern football clubs".

Business over Integrity
Money over Soul

It is the game we are in now, so it makes sense to play by the same rules. But will we see the same level of investment that is expected to play the game this way? I doubt it.

I had started to come to terms with the fact that Poch was never going to claw it back, or rather he was never going to get the time or resources to do it.

In the modern game - a manager that loses the dressing room is simply playing out the inevitable. Paying off a manager at the cost of £12.5m or 2/3 of the playing staff at the cost of £300m will always be a simple equation especially for someone as shrewd (tight) as Levy.

So here we are. The trophy hunters will probably get their wish but at what cost? Glory Glory.

P.S. I've just had 50 notes with a gooner that we'll still finish above them. FML.
Easy money..dont suppose he'll take another bet !

Back
Top Bottom