Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love a trophy or two but as a Spurs fan the minimum requirement I demand is good football and being entertained. Players like Lo Celso, Sonny and if he comes good Ndombele are talent wise what makes me fall in love with the game.

Due to where we were last season and going into this one, the entertainment factor needs rebuilding. Let's see if Jose inevitably surprises us but it's too soon for me to pass judgement on how it's goin with him. 3 months in and we were 13th when he took over, it was vital we steadied the ship.
Yes, I acknowledge that. What worries me is that his famed reputation for making teams difficult to beat hasn’t been borne out with us - yet. I’m playing devils advocate a bit really - it’s too soon to judge him, but like Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has been saying, it would be nice to see some direction.

I would much rather Spurs won a trophy or two while being criticised for the way they do it from people outside the club than play attractive football with ultimately nothing to show for it other than goodwill and plaudits.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman must be the record holder on here.
Don't know about that, I only started going regularly mid/late seventies, season ticket 1982, then had a break for about three seasons from 2001. I did go without missing a domestic game, home and away for five seasons from 1982, including the away games in the Super Cup (!). When I've got nothing better to do, I should try and count roughly how many games I've been to.

I would much rather Spurs won a trophy or two while being criticised for the way they do it from people outside the club than play attractive football with ultimately nothing to show for it other than goodwill and plaudits.
Like I said, I understand that, and I would never criticise anyone who thinks that.

But that's twitter for you and it's taken us multiple posts back and forth to clarify.

I don't see why tbh. Again, In my defense... I made clear from my first post the part that I was contesting.

Jose's football is dross though. I never said that about Poch's nor has the football world.

Makes me laugh.... I was as vocally opposed to Jose as ANYONE on this forum when his name was first flung around and he was polled as a successor. I'm just prepared to give it some time now he's here and am pleased to see he's at least got us into a position where it's possible to salvage something out of this season in the meantime.

If by means of ugly football we end up back in the CL next year I'll take that in the short term. Cup success would of course be a welcome bonus... (Regardless of how shit-house cunts like John Thomas John Thomas or Don Giovanni Don Giovanni want to paint me.)

More fucking irony; those two shit-talking haters and their ilk have been bleating on since October that the "season is over", yet here we are still credibly scrapping for our targets and proving my faith in the club to be well founded.

UP THE FUCKING SPURS!

Last edited:
Don't know about that, I only started going regularly mid/late seventies, season ticket 1982, then had a break for about three seasons from 2001. I did go without missing a domestic game, home and away for five seasons from 1982, including the away games in the Super Cup (!). When I've got nothing better to do, I should try and count roughly how many games I've been to.
Part timer. So it’s Nutter then?

I definitely have come round to that way of thinking. I know it would be ideal to win by playing attractive football, but I would be feeling a lot better tonight if we had won today.

Lol... We got disrespected, patronised and undermined by media, pundits and even some of our 'own' when we were on fire and more oppo fans hate us now than ever.

I shan't hold my breath.

I definitely have come round to that way of thinking. I know it would be ideal to win by playing attractive football, but I would be feeling a lot better tonight if we had won today.
Yes. I think it would be great to see Spurs play teams off the pitch and rack up silverware doing so, but it has to be trophies first.

Back
Top Bottom