Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The issue with your comment is I actually thought we played pretty gutsy on Wednesday seeing as we have no striker. We had a game plan, that's what we set out to do and that was the smart thing to do. We didn't lost because of the game plan, we lost to a reckless tackle from Davies and had 3-4 very good chances to score against a disciplined Leipzig team.

I ain't got time for fanny fans that moan and sulk, those that have no empathy for us losing 67% of our goals this season. It's a backs against the wall situation, as fans all we can do is give them that little bit more.

Question..... If we had shown guts on Wednesday as you said we should have and didnt but left ourselves exposed and lost similar to the Bayern score (Leipzig are only 1 point behind them after all), would you say well done at least you showed guts? The team require tactics, the fans don't they should be the driving factor from the stands mate
I’m not answering because your scenario offers no option other than massive defeat. And this is a discussion forum, we’re here to talk tactics. It has absolutely zero impact upon my support for the team.

We were not unlucky to lose because Davies made a mistake. They had 4/5 excellent chances to score before we decided to make a game if it. Their profligacy kept us in the tie, not a Jose masterclass.

As I’ve said, we struggled to score or create much in the last 20 in spite of dominating, that can be attributed to missing 2 world class footballers. Our approach in the first half couldn’t. We were passive, overly cautious and respectful. The final 20 mins showed that.

I can see that. The doom and gloom gets boring but I'd prefer him to be honest personally. Son and Kane are the greatest attacking duo in PL history which is a fact. They are both done for the season.

You’re forgetting the sublime Spammer combination of Mido and Carlton Cole

:harrylol:

I’m not answering because your scenario offers no option other than massive defeat. And this is a discussion forum, we’re here to talk tactics. It has absolutely zero impact upon my support for the team.

We were not unlucky to lose because Davies made a mistake. They had 4/5 excellent chances to score before we decided to make a game if it. Their profligacy kept us in the tie, not a Jose masterclass.

As I’ve said, we struggled to score or create much in the last 20 in spite of dominating, that can be attributed to missing 2 world class footballers. Our approach in the first half couldn’t. We were passive, overly cautious and respectful. The final 20 mins showed that.

There's a common theme under Mourinho, we start games with an ultra defensive mindset, which allow opposition teams to commit players forward and open us up with relative ease. I expect the same against Chelsea.

There's a common theme under Mourinho, we start games with an ultra defensive mindset, which allow opposition teams to commit players forward and open us up with relative ease. I expect the same against Chelsea.

I think he’s setting up the team with the players available and doing a good job of it

Me personally? For him to leave Spurs. And even then I wouldn’t like him, I’d just be relieved.

The problem with Mourinho backers is it’s always “We won, we won, the results!” At the complete expense of any building process that sets you up for a cycle of dominance that you get with the likes of Klopp and Guardiola. Hoofing it up the field and purely relying on the individual quality of your attackers that you want the board to keep blindly spending on insta viable way to run things.

It’s entirely justified that people have got zero faith in him being an elite manager in 2020 - the quality of football was terrible BEFORE Son and Kane got injured.

He’s had his time, just like Capello, Lippi, Del Bosque, Van Gaal, Ancelotti, Benitez, Wenger, Irureta beforehand. All great managers in their day, but the game moves on.

I had hoped that things might be different as he is working with a new backroom team but it looks like the same Trollop he served up at Man Utd. The fact that the fanbase is automatically so divided isn’t a good sign to begin with.

No longer the special one, just Portuguese Pulis.
You’re the sort of twat who wants Levys head for not signing a world class RB, CB, DM and Striker in January........because you think the squad is total shit...... and then sits there wondering why we aren’t playing like Brazil 70 and blames the manager.

The whole fan base is littered with you wallys.
The funniest thing is that most of you are the ones who claimed Poch needed more time, yet here you are after 15 weeks “expecting” us to be where exactly?

Where twat? Where should we be? Could be 4th tomorrow but where exactly should we be you fucking moronic tosser?

You have to admit he's done an incredible job convincing people we couldn't possibly beat Leipzig with 2 of our best attacking players missing. Almost as good as Klopp convincing his players and everyone else they could come back from 3-0 down to beat Barcelona with 2 of their best attacking players missing.
Another who thinks not having either one of Kane or Son shouldn’t make a difference

Why do you want new signings if you feel not having key players isn’t an excuse for not being able to play the way you want to?

Another who thinks not having either one of Kane or Son shouldn’t make a difference

jOsE oUt

zacx5r9171i41.jpg

Why do you want new signings if you feel not having key players isn’t an excuse for not being able to play the way you want to?

Was it any different against Utd or Chelsea with Son and Kane?

I hope they know they're expected to be miracle workers when they get back.

Listen to this, because it will probably be us next season.

Was it any different against Utd or Chelsea with Son and Kane?

I hope they know they're expected to be miracle workers when they get back.

Listen to this, because it will probably be us next season.

So again, if they were both fit tomorrow it would make no difference and you wouldn’t care if he benched them?

It staggers me that people are complaining. His remit for this season can only have been to try and scrape into the CL somehow. He's trying to do this pragmatically, which is why things are a little dull. When you consider that we are absolutely ravaged by injuries it all makes sense.

As long as we continue picking up points at the rate we have been since Mourinho took over, I will be patient with the lacklustre football this season. We may yet qualify for the CL , which was already impossible under Poch. If the football improves by March/April, I think we're good for next season.

IMO theres a reason why Mourinho plays so defensively and sits back with all the players. He doesnt have enough attacking players to play high tempo and press for 90 mins, he would be killing Lucas, Bergwijn, Dele etc. The players are already on the limit because they have to play 3 competitions, every game 90 mins with no real options to sub them. Sometimes even 3 games in 8 days.

If we had 1 game a week and we still play as Gareth said, pragmatic/dull football i would be more worried , Mourinho is intentionally playing like this to survive not because he wants to play like this.

Now.. he could ofcourse play C team in FA cup like Liverpool is doing and rest the players but he doesnt want to because he wants to win the FA cup.. soooo theres that.

We just have to hang in there, support the team, support the manager, good things will come :)

He needs Ndombele to be able to receive the ball and break the midfield press. If he does, the opposition fullbacks are out of position and we can counter how he wants to. Having dier, winks in the middle of the park gives us no way out and teams pen us in.

‘The most appalling and successful exponents of Italia 90's dismal signature football were holders Argentina. Deploying the game's first recognised 10-0-0 formation, they tortured the world by advancing all the way to the Final despite making only two forays into the opposition's half in the entire competition.’

I think Jose’s been reading Wikipedia, Italia 90.

Still, 3 points at the end of the day, and 1 point behind Chavs. One thing is for certain, he will try his absolute best not to lose there, and if that means sacrificing his favourites like Dele, he will do it.
Clear as day.

You’re the sort of twat who wants Levys head for not signing a world class RB, CB, DM and Striker in January........because you think the squad is total shit...... and then sits there wondering why we aren’t playing like Brazil 70 and blames the manager.

The whole fan base is littered with you wallys.
The funniest thing is that most of you are the ones who claimed Poch needed more time, yet here you are after 15 weeks “expecting” us to be where exactly?

Where twat? Where should we be? Could be 4th tomorrow but where exactly should we be you fucking moronic tosser?
I shouldn’t even respond to you as you’ve proven to have ZERO credibility over the years (as proven by your shameless 180 over Jose simply because he’s now our gaffer - just as you’ve miraculously done over the quality of our squad BTW) but *sigh* you’ve proven your complete inability to read and decipher, and thus put together a coherent/non abusive response.

the squad is in a state of flux and therefore the most important thing to me this season is squad/player development, results really are secondary because of the mess ENIC created. Under a Manager like Mourinho (who I personally believe is in decline, his last 5 years back me up) short term will be better (they are only trying to salvage this season to save their own pockets with regards to the stadium) but the PROCESS doesn’t look to have a high ceiling. We’ve spent more cash than ever before and still look like shit. For example, By February 2016 I could see exactly what Klopp was aiming for and he just needed better players to fulfil his demands.

Poch has proven he can develop a haphazard squad, which is why I had faith he could do it again, Jose hasn’t ever done so, the worse he gets as a manager the more he lowers the bar.

PS IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS - DM me your address, I’ll pull up to your front door and let’s see if you still have that same energy in person. Nothing worse than an Internet tough guy who is likely emasculated in his own home.

Back
Top Bottom