Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho will be here till the Summer. I hope we get in the top 4, but this is about next season. I don't want him here then. It's very predictable how it will play out.
One would be forgiven for thinking that many Spurs supporters view the appointment of a manager as seriously as the taking of wedding vows. Everyone is expendable in this game. You don't get results; you're out. How many PL managers these days last more than 2 years in the one place? How is Mourinho any different to anyone else in that respect?

Mourinho won three trophies at Utd.

I'd take that, would you?

2 2nd tier trophues. The Carabao cup and the Europa League? You're a failure if you're even in the latter competition. And only Man City give a shit about the Carabao.

Modern football is all about the PL and the CL. Nobody cares about anything else. Those are what a manager is judged by.

2 2nd tier trophues. The Carabao cup and the Europa League? You're a failure if you're even in the latter competition. And only Man City give a shit about the Carabao.

Modern football is all about the PL and the CL. Nobody cares about anything else. Those are what a manager is judged by.
So... every manager we have had since 1961 is a failure?

That's shit and you know it. Tell me Burkinshaw was a failure.

(I realise you said PL however, there was football before that)

I basically am in favour of Jose although think he is pushing the injuries a bit too much. It is a massive blow not to have Kane and Son but saying we are down to the bare bones numbers wise is overdoing it. Numbers wise we have a full squad for foreign players and he agreed to send 2 Home based players Rose and KWP. Clarke On loan. I am not aware that any we were linked with any home based players. Injuries wise we have SissoKo, Kane and Son injured although Lamela and Ndombele cannot play 90 mins. Numbers wise that is not out of the ordinary although clearly the problems are in attacking areas.
Having watched the Greaves video on BT, they criticised Nicholson for bigging up Madrid for the European Cup Final in 63. I also heard an unsubstantiated accusation that Pleat did the same in 87 when we lost to Coventry. The players must believe they can win a match and that is the Managers role and I want Jose to send them out confident they can beat Chelsea and not downhearted they have no strikers.
Leave the depressing comments to posters on here.

Progressive football is the most effective strategy - I just can’t explain what it is why that is successful.

It’s hilarious watching some talk about ‘progressive’ and ‘dated’ football. Mourinho is dated, Nagglesmann is progressive. Fine explain to me in detail how and why?
Ok, because you're not getting it I'll spell it out for you. Because when Nagglesmann conceded possession (34%) and hit on the counter against the reigning league champions and drew 0-0 that is progressive football. When Mourinho concedes possession (33%) against the reigning league champions and wins 2-0 that's dinosaur tactics. Clear?
:mourwhat:

So... every manager we have had since 1961 is a failure?

That's shit and you know it. Tell me Burkinshaw was a failure.

(I realise you said PL however, there was football before that)

The FA Cup lost its meaning some time during the late 90s. The year Man Utd skipped it could be seen as the beginning of its demise. When clubs start fielding weakened teams then the competition has lost value.

The growth of both the PL and CL has come at the expense of other competitions.

I would take being in another CL semi final ahead of winning the FA Cup, no question.

Having watched the Greaves video on BT, they criticised Nicholson for bigging up Madrid for the European Cup Final in 63.
I also heard an unsubstantiated accusation that Pleat did the same in 87 when we lost to Coventry.
The players must believe they can win a match and that is the managers role and I want Jose to send them out confident they can beat Chelsea and not downhearted they have no strikers.
Leave the depressing comments to posters on here.
Excellent points.
JJ was going on all game like we are a team that already thinks we are beaten. Are they getting that from the manager?

Your concern about what? A manager that has cut a 12 point deficit into 1? One that found a way to average 2.5 goals a game in the last 5 games minus Kane being on the pitch?

Rinse your knickers out the both of you and start actually supporting the team

Mourinho didn't cut the points deficit to Chelsea. Frank Lampard did! And he's cut it to about half a dozen teams!

Your concern about what? A manager that has cut a 12 point deficit into 1? One that found a way to average 2.5 goals a game in the last 5 games minus Kane being on the pitch?

Rinse your knickers out the both of you and start actually supporting the team
You need to read my original post. I am saying that Not only that I support Jose but think he is overplaying the bare bones statements regarding the squad and that I want him to send them out confident not thinking they have no chance as we have no strikers.

People all over the world watched the Ajax semi, it brought more kudos than an FA Cup could. How many people even watched last season's FA Cup final.

That's how judge managers - how they do in the PL and CL.
Are you really a Spurs fan?

Would you rather see us lose a CL semi at WHL than be at Wembley when we lift the FA Cup??

Surely that is a no brainer to most? I couldn't give a fuck about how many people worldwide watch the FA Cup Final, I would watch it and as a Spurs fan I would be fucking delighted to win a trophy!!

There is NO glory in a CL semi final.

Imagine hating a spurs manager that much you went ahead and made that post. :D

Serious question: what would it take for you to like Jose?

Back
Top Bottom