Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon has played over a hundred games - I was very pro his signing - yet he plays like he's scared of the ball. Tanganga has put him to shame. You can't call Sessegnon a youth prospect anymore, given how much football he's played.

Klopp has got it spot on in my opinion. Modern football is all about the League and the CL. Cup games in the early rounds are opportunity for youth players to get their chance, especially against lower league opposition. Parrott should have played some part against Middlesbrough, as should Skipp. It's for the long term benefit of the club.
Maybe the people who run the academy, have advised that he probably isn’t ready yet, maybe they advised that young Japhet was ready for the step up.
There is a lot of football knowledge at Spurs although on many occasions it doesn’t appear so

We have a real manager now. Not a pretender like Poch.

Poch was like this amazing singer, with a whole concert tour booked, and an 8 album record deal - only issue being nobody had ever heard Poch sing. We just had to believe he could sing because..... er...... Spurs!

You can praise Mou without shitting on Poch lads!

Stay classy

Pochettino was one of the great things to happen to our club. If we win something this season or next ultimately he would have played a huge role in that happening.

His impact raised our profile, made us believe we could do it and his stepping stones produced for us on and off the field will forever be etched into the history books. We have a legacy that won't show trophies, it will show evolution. I will forever be grateful for his contributions to the club I hold so dear to my heart.

Mourinho is our immediate future but it wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Mauricio, that should never be forgotten and it's certainly something I will never lose sight of. He gave us our platform.

Definitely signs of improvement under JM. Getting the bad eggs out of the club, bringing in youth and new signings to freshen up the squad and add competition whilst also beginning to fix the defence.

Whilst the media and rivals still badger him for his previous spells, I think we are seeing why JM was bought in and it will only get better.

Sadly with Jose, post match is infinitely more entertaining than anything you'll see during the match.

I actually found the match entertaining. For the most part it wasn’t enjoyable, but the 2nd half certainly wasn’t boring. A 3-2 win with a dramatic late comeback.

In the last two or three games there’s been real signs of quality. Brief moments where everything clicks and we look like we did at the height of the Pochettino era. It seems that confidence is still low, and it leads to hesitant performances.

I’m on the fence when it comes to Mourinho, but he’s getting results with several key injuries.

5th place in PL 4 points off 4th

5th found (last 16) of FA Cup

Into knock out stages of CL

Think I'd have taken that without a thought day before Poch went where we were on 14th in PL

Listening to the post match press conference, JM knew the 3-5-2 wasn’t working but he felt hamstring by his options. I understand, but there’s no point in putting Parrott on the bench if you don’t consider him an option. Ultimately his subs worked so he deserves plaudits in that regard, but I think he set the team up wrong regardless of who was available.

Back
Top Bottom