Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fernandes was bought into cover for MS, I don't see him being permanent unless he turns out to be really good.

JM definitely wants a striker, even though I think son is adequate. I think it's going to be a big problem finding a striker of quality to bring in. We've had problems getting in the right striker, at least since Redknapp's day and beyond that. Fuck knows where we would be if Kane hadn't had come along.

JM doesn't seem overly concerned about a DM, my guess is, if he only has limited funds he won't be getting one.
As a rule strikers fetch the most money which is probably why we struggle to recruit if Kane wasn't our player he would command 100m plus way way out of our league .

I'm starting to like where we're heading to. He slowly got rid of the players who didn't want to be here, introduced an impressive youngster in one of the hardest games of the season (this was a ballsy move imo), Serge has improved, Sanchez has improved aswell despite his odd mistake and I really believe we've got a very strong midfield core waiting to happen in Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele and maybe a new DM in the summer. Hopefully Skipp is added to the mix, but it's up to him to work hard and earn his spot. Up top we have Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Alli, utility man Lamela and obviously Kane. And according to Mourinho's early press conferences, Sissoko aswell.
So Jose just needs to find balance between these players and I think we've got enough to challenge for more than top 4.

So much about Sessegnon. But he need to impose himself soon. Premier league is not where you learn and make mistakes. You need confidense in your own ability and thrive and challenge. No fuckin standing around watching and just touch the ball when given. This is big boys league

Evidence slowly growing Jose is getting more right than wrong. Knocking on the door of top 4. If we had kept Poch (who I loved, btw) mid-table at best this season - quite possibly much worse.
Love Poch but we were sinking fast. We had relegation form over a year which was luckily spread out over two seasons instead of one.
It is strange seeing tactics from a Tottenham team, particularly defensively. We haven't done that in a while.

A lot of doubting of Sessegnon, someone who is new to our team and only 19. Give him a chance, he was never expected to be a world beater this season. Remember just how shocking Danny Rose was until Pochettino came in.

This is... wait, what was the word...AWESOME!!!

I mean during those 13 games we have played
ManU A
Wolves A
Chelsea H
City H
Liverpool H

those are 5 very tough games out of 13. From those we got 6/15 (1,2 ppg). Meaning from other 24 we got 17 (2,125). Not bad at all. And gives hope.

From remaining 13 games we have Chelsea (A), Wolves (H), ManU (H), Woolwich (H), Leicester (H). So we really only have one REALLY TOUGH away game coming up. If in any way we could knack a victory from Bridge, I'd back us to get the 4th. Onwards and upwards. COYS!!

Love Poch but we were sinking fast. We had relegation form over a year which was luckily spread out over two seasons instead of one.
It is strange seeing tactics from a Tottenham team, particularly defensively. We haven't done that in a while.
It is like we have a new manager

No chance. He'll never match Son's ability going forward, he'll never be a top class attacking player full stop, just hasn't got the skillset. It's left back or bust for Sessegnon, and you'd put your money on bust at the moment to be honest. He needs to up his game dramatically as he's been displaced by a right footed CB.

What a consistency you, have ya c*nt.
In Parrot thread, you are whining like a little b*ch about youngster not giving a chance. And how we should support and back young talents (but doesnt).

And here in other thread you have no effing problem to throw another teenager under the bus.

But seriously Jose seems to have instilled the park the bus mentality. And that is not necesarily a bad thing. You repair the leaks before you open the taps.

In Parrot thread, you are whining like a little b*ch about youngster not giving a chance. And how we should support and back young talents (but doesnt).

And here in other thread you have no effing problem to throw another teenager under the bus.
This is exactly why Jose isn’t starting parrot

Sessegnon has played over a hundred games - I was very pro his signing - yet he plays like he's scared of the ball. Tanganga has put him to shame. You can't call Sessegnon a youth prospect anymore, given how much football he's played.

Klopp has got it spot on in my opinion. Modern football is all about the League and the CL. Cup games in the early rounds are opportunity for youth players to get their chance, especially against lower league opposition. Parrott should have played some part against Middlesbrough, as should Skipp. It's for the long term benefit of the club.

Back
Top Bottom