Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking long ball merchant

To be fair, if this is taken from the whole season, you have a host of games manipulating those numbers.

The attempts per game have fallen since his first couple games where it was hoof ball.

I have no problem with the long ball, I just think we need to be more aggressive in winning that second ball.

I actually found the match entertaining. For the most part it wasn’t enjoyable, but the 2nd half certainly wasn’t boring. A 3-2 win with a dramatic late comeback.

In the last two or three games there’s been real signs of quality. Brief moments where everything clicks and we look like we did at the height of the Pochettino era. It seems that confidence is still low, and it leads to hesitant performances.

I’m on the fence when it comes to Mourinho, but he’s getting results with several key injuries.

Jose seems to keep it tight and contain the oppo for 45 mins. Then his subs seem to win the game by attacking the oppo weakness.Or just being a little more direct and attacking.

His in game management is world class.

The headlines may be negative and every man and his dog can say just what they like about Spurs, but if games are being won and this leads to trophies then it’s all irrelevant.

Jose seems to keep it tight and contain the oppo for 45 mins. Then his subs seem to win the game by attacking the oppo weakness.Or just being a little more direct and attacking.

His in game management is world class.
I think that’s generous. I think On a number of occasions he has set us up poorly. But credit has fixed it in time where it hasn’t cost us the game

His comments put the game into perspective.
We were crap but with good reason.
We have been crap for over a year now

Performances like last night have become the norm

I genuinely can’t remember the last time we looked convincing as a football team barring the odd game here and there

We have been crap for over a year now

Performances like last night have become the norm

I genuinely can’t remember the last time we looked convincing as a football team barring the odd game here and there
Don’t disagree with you there. Certainly feels a hard watch a lot more than I would like.

at the moment though it’s points on the board and progress that matter most. The key is likely to be what happens v Chelsea and Wolves very soon. FA Cup is a helpful thing too and would be great to keep progressing regardless as to how. Champions league, that’s the stretch I fear.

Don’t disagree with you there. Certainly feels a hard watch a lot more than I would like.

at the moment though it’s points on the board and progress that matter most. The key is likely to be what happens v Chelsea and Wolves very soon. FA Cup is a helpful thing too and would be great to keep progressing regardless as to how. Champions league, that’s the stretch I fear.
Don’t get me wrong , I am delighted that the results have picked up of late but based off our performances the next defeat is not far away

Back
Top Bottom