Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lol man has the same shit to deal with as the last guy.

Poch got to clean out the last guys crap. Jose has been here 5 minutes.

The majority of this bunch are fucked or don’t care, and the best options are injured. What’s he supposed to do? The whole team needs a fucking overhaul.
Forget a short term glamorous appointment. Give the job to a manager with along term strategy and give him the rest of the season to bed in.

Forget a short term glamorous appointment. Give the job to a manager with along term strategy and give him the rest of the season to bed in.

We're theowing the last 5 years away and have gone back to an AVB style manager, albeit one with better pedigree. We should have gone for someone philosophically similar to Poch. A Nagelsmaan or a Ten Hag.

We're theowing the last 5 years away and have gone back to an AVB style manager, albeit one with better pedigree. We should have gone for someone philosophically similar to Poch. A Nagelsmaan or a Ten Hag.
100%. Now our next manager will be hampered by the Jose Years

When is the next time we can expect to be "entertained" by a Spurs game again ?

There is a reason i once upon a time ca. 35 years ago became a Spurs fan - and it was not that the team was consistently winning - it was because Spurs played attractive football.

If anyone of you have enjoyed watching José´s Spurs raise your hand.
Ebb and flow mate. Ebb and flow.

Question - 12-18 months from now, of our current players, who's still on the squad and who's gone?

Not sure how much I care, and more importantly I’m not sure how much they care either. We’ve lost so much hunger. The players, not the fans. If anything the fans hunger has proportionally increased versus the Teams hunger.

100%. Now our next manager will be hampered by the Jose Years

The current manager is being hampered by the Pochettino years.

It makes me laugh me when people say Jose leaves a trail of mess behind him but absolute silence on our last manager.

Poch got sacked at Espanyol because they were bottom of the league with 2 wins in 13.

Jumped ship at Southampton with a fire storm for them that summer where Koeman virtually had to do whole rebuild.

And got sacked from us when we were 14th in the league and had picked up 25 points from our last 24 games.

Pochettino threw it away by squandering that time by somehow failing to win anything with that group and quickly got found out when it had come to the end of its cycle. Every bit the heir to Bielsa.

Did you not watch us in the league from Jan 2019 to November 2019? It was an absolute car crash which is why he got sacked.

So a £400 million in 2 seasons for a league cup and a cup none of the big teams (and remember he was at man ure) compete in.
If only poch had thought to fail at top 4 finishes so we could get in to the Europa & challenge for that. He was doing it all wrong.

So a £400 million in 2 seasons for a league cup and a cup none of the big teams (and remember he was at man ure) compete in.
I’d happily win the Carabou and EL and finish 2nd within two years while spending roughly what Poch spent winning nothing in 5.

Maybe a Carabou and EL is beneath you though, and you prefer losing CLs and throwing away title challenges.

Glorious

I’d happily win the Carabou and EL and finish 2nd within two years while spending roughly what Poch spent winning nothing in 5.

Maybe a Carabou and EL is beneath you though, and you prefer losing CLs and throwing away title challenges.

Glorious
No, no Poch got us to 2nd with a much smaller spend

Mourinho took a man ure team that recently won the F A cup and spent nearly £400 million adding to a that team to deliver what exactly?

Oh and a couple of years ago when i said we needed to win something to break the drought most argued top 4 was far more important.

But lets be honest, it shouldn't be a 50/50 fight between Pochor Jose, it should be who is best for Spurs, Poch wasn't, Jose isn't

No, no Poch got us to 2nd with a much smaller spend

Mourinho took a man ure team that recently won the F A cup and spent nearly £400 million adding to a that team to deliver what exactly?

Oh and a couple of years ago when i said we needed to win something to break the drought most argued top 4 was far more important.

But lets be honest, it shouldn't be a 50/50 fight between Pochor Jose, it should be who is best for Spurs, Poch wasn't, Jose isn't
In Pochs tenure, Jose won three of his 22 trophies

You will never, ever spin that not winning trophies is better than winning them.

As I said, while Jose was winning stuff, we wasn’t. Jose also had to spend a fortune on Lukaku, while Poch didn’t because he inherited Kane.

Back
Top Bottom