Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been here 2 months, not 3 years FFS!

.....And that's me is it; just cos I can see how tangled and contradictory your rhetoric is?

:dawsonlol:

What’s contradictory? I don’t believe Jose Mourinho is the right man, right foot and brings the right style of play for Tottenham full stop.

Contradictory would be me now doing a 180 on him just because he is managing us.

I’m just waiting until the time he says “I’ve won 3 leagues tottenham 2” when he gets frustrated. Those who asked for him will fully deserve it.

He'll sort out the squad and balance it.

He's been brought in to win us Silverware.

We're in transition and will take a bit of time to establish a new identity.

That's normal.

There was a big mess Poch left here to sift through and JM also needs to see the limitations of some players, up close, who he thought were better than they are.

Any manager who came here would have a job on their hands to work through our problems.

He was brought to do similar at Man Utd - how did that go?

LOL, did not fold?

We were dominated in the entire central 50% of the pitch and gave away dangerous chances for fun, a keeper save away from defeat.

The quality of football was poor and the entertainment value of football was poor.

Folding means conceding and then losing, did that happen ?

And I agree our team was crap, but it is crap and has been for a year + now. The Tottenham prior to 2019 I’d be fuming at for that performance, but since 2019 I am used to it, expect it and actually have seen so much worse than today. We are a million miles away from the top teams. Our level could well be Watford’s. Stats say as much, why should we be angry at a draw at our “rivals” ?

We were not dominated in the entire central area. The danger came from the ball to right, trying to get a runner at Tanganaga and also the other flank with that other prick running at Serge, but that side he got shut down better. As the game went on they lumped it to Deeney who seemed to be playing on ice to me.

I’d agree that in our attacking final third we did not create much, but then neither did they, draw is ok all things considered.

What’s contradictory? I don’t believe Jose Mourinho is the right man, right foot and brings the right style of play for Tottenham full stop.

Contradictory would be me now doing a 180 on him just because he is managing us.

I’m just waiting until the time he says “I’ve won 3 leagues tottenham 2” when he gets frustrated. Those who asked for him will fully deserve it.

Equally, I'm a Jose fanboy for be prepared to give him a chance?

That doesn't make one contradictory; that just makes them reasonable.

Meanwhile, you're shitting on the squad he's inherited and blaming it all on the chairman, whilst assuming a position of denial about his JMs predecessor.... So yeh, your preconceptions about Jose and your Poch-stanisms are very much leaving your lack of consistency exposed. :thumbup:

His performance was the reason that they thought hiring Olè Gunnar Solskjaer was a good idea.

No, I know. The usual cycle with him.

But you can't just ignore the three trophies. I actually agree with you that he's not, 'in spirit', the sort of manager we go for, but you have to give him a little more time. Next season we'll get a good idea of how it will work out. If it's still shit, he'll fuck off anyway, as he'll be bored of us by then.

Equally, I'm a Jose fanboy for be prepared to give him a chance?

That doesn't make one contradictory; that just makes them reasonable.

Meanwhile, you're shitting on the squad he's inherited and blaming it all on the chairman, whilst assuming a position of denial about his JMs predecessor.... So yeh, your preconceptions about Jose and your Poch-stanisms are very much leaving your lack of consistency exposed. :thumbup:

1) levy/Lewis is the reason the squad ended up in this mess

2) Jose is not the person to fix this mess

What is inconsistent about that?

No, I know. The usual cycle with him.

But you can't just ignore the three trophies. I actually agree with you that he's not, 'in spirit', the sort of manager we go for, but you have to give him a little more time. Next season we'll get a good idea of how it will work out. If it's still shit, he'll fuck off anyway, as he'll be bored of us by then.

Jose 2020 is not Jose 2003-10.

This version of Jose is just like when England hired Capello ( world class coach in his day but the game moves on)

And I don’t want to see his signings tbh, Matic and Willian? Fuck right off.

1) levy/Lewis is the reason the squad ended up in this mess

2) Jose is not the person to fix this mess

What is inconsistent about that?

If the squad is such a mess then it would be unreasonable to expect JM to arrive, wave a magic wand and sort it all out in 2 months, wouldn't it.....?

To exonerate Poch from playing a significant part in our squad frailties is blinkered at best.

"Jose is not the person to fix this mess"

In your seemingly VERY biased opinion maybe.

And I don’t want to see his signings tbh, Matic and Willian? Fuck right off.

If he signs either of those two scrotums, I'll be right there with you.

But let's see. His first signing is one of Portugal's young talents. Let's see what he does with him. Let's see how he develops Tanganga. Importantly, let's see who he gets rid of.

If the squad is such a mess then it would be unreasonable to expect JM to arrive, wave a magic wand and sort it all out in 2 months, wouldn't it.....?

To exonerate Poch from playing a significant part in our squad frailties is blinkered at best.

"Jose is not the person to fix this mess"

In your seemingly VERY biased opinion maybe.

When has Jose built a team from scratch?

Even in his heyday, Ranieri built the majority of the Chelsea team, Mancini built the Inter squad, he’s a finisher to me.

If we were to sack Poch and hire him the time would have been summer 2017 + MASSIVE investment.

Now no chance. He’s divisive, poisonous and his template of football is shit to watch.

He already has people questioning N’Dombele’s “attitude” FFS

When has Jose built a team from scratch?

Even in his heyday, Ranieri built the majority of the Chelsea team, Mancini built the Inter squad, he’s a finisher to me.

If we were to sack Poch and hire him the time would have been summer 2017 + MASSIVE investment.

Now no chance. He’s divisive, poisonous and his template of football is shit to watch.

He already has people questioning N’Dombele’s “attitude” FFS

Pointless if you're gonna continue to dodge my subsequent answers to your previous questions.

He might not be the guy... Fine. What I've said still stands.

Back
Top Bottom