Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I attack these supporters because they are weak, the ones just happy with us being better than we were 10 years ago and thankful that we aren't shit anymore, it's a loser mentality and the fact people react to it in such a negative way only proves to me that it clearly strikes a nerve with them, that's ok, we can't all have a winning mentality, a mentality that strives for more, we can't all be brave.

Quite frankly you come across as borderline psychopathic. Are you a winner? Are you brave? Because it isn’t normal to confer those attributes on oneself.

No but I can find you plenty that make excuses for it and plenty that don't have the drive and ambition to admit their flaws and correct their mistakes, I can also find you plenty that don't have the mentality of winners and guess what, Poch was one of them, he didn't have the mentality of a winner, he might think he did but his actions show otherwise.

Make no mistake, I know yesterday was perfectly scripted and planned, you would have to be an idiot to think otherwise but here's another reality check, Mourinho has the goods to back his words up, he is a winner, our board believe he is a winner because history shows he is, some of our fans seem to think Poch was a better manager with no evidence whatsoever to back that up, some seem to think we would have been better sticking by someone who has proven time and time again he can't get us over the line because they are sentimental towards him and like I said, happy to accept mediocrity.

I attack these supporters because they are weak, the ones just happy with us being better than we were 10 years ago and thankful that we aren't shit anymore, it's a loser mentality and the fact people react to it in such a negative way only proves to me that it clearly strikes a nerve with them, that's ok, we can't all have a winning mentality, a mentality that strives for more, we can't all be brave.

But incase you didn't notice, the motto of this football club is "to dare is to do" and that's what our owners are doing, not accepting mediocrity, they are daring to hire a winner to win silverware instead of staying with the comfortable option with a "nice guy" and accepting mediocrity.

Arrogance and confidence often go hand in hand, the difference is, some people are better at balancing the two whilst others allow their arrogance to rule them, Mourinho certainly is arrogant but he has quite frankly earned the right to be and I think our players need to hear the voice of someone who isn't going to be a complete walk over.

They can talk about how much they loved Poch and respected him and whilst that might be true when viewing him as a man, as a personality, the reality is, they clearly didn't respect him as a manager because the last 6 months have shown they simply don't believe in him and the reason that happened is because, unlike Mourinho, he doesn't have the goods to back the words up.

I couldn't care less how we play either, as long as we win and this myth about him being a boring manager is just that, a myth.

Also, the bolded part, it makes sense now, you're one of those people, someone who thinks everything has politics injected into it, so caught up in their own biases that they believe everyone else is as well.

Here's a reality check for you, the fact that you think I was going to say something like that (I wasn't, you're completely off base btw) clearly indicates that my post has touched a nerve with you, the fact that it has touched a nerve with you tells me that YOU are one of the supporters I am talking about.

I always think of what's best for the club, I want us to win, I don't want people at this club, either managers, players, owners or supporters that lack a winning mentality, it's been a plague on this club for decades and something that needs to change, always the bridesmaids, never the bride.
Imagine reading that.

I like that JM thinks we have a really good squad of players who can achieve things.
I think so too.
It's definitely better than the perpetual complain king MP who doesn't think that we are good enough to challenge for anything.

Quite frankly you come across as borderline psychopathic. Are you a winner? Are you brave? Because it isn’t normal to confer those attributes on oneself.

Why do you keep projecting yourself on to others?

Last time you said I was going to have a "mental breakdown" now you are saying I am "borderline psychopathic"

You need help mate, seriously, you spend way too much time on here to be projecting those sort of things on to other people.

And there is nothing "psychopathic" about believing that you are a winner or brave, does that mean Mourinho is a psychopath?

Poch called himself brave, was he a psychopath?

You agenda is pathetic.

Last time you said I was going to have a "mental breakdown" now you are saying I am "borderline psychopathic"

You need help mate, seriously, you spend way too much time on here to be projecting those sort of things on to other people.

And there is nothing "psychopathic" about believing that you are a winner or brave, does that mean Mourinho is a psychopath?

You agenda is pathetic.
I don’t have an agenda. So, again, do you believe yourself to be a winner, and brave? Yes or no. If yes, what have you won?

You agenda is pathetic.
You're lying. Poch didn't said in way you did.

You said not anyone can be winner or have that mentality in life. Pathetic thing to say. One thing is that being said in football sense, completely different in sense of someone's life.

Get your shit together. I hope you aren't such a prick in real life.

Nice fella.

Yeah, you're one of them, perfect example is what you said the other day.

"I’m done. People can call me a cunt (and no doubt they will) but I’ve been falling out of love with this football club for a while now. It’s not what I remember and it’s not what I like. Welcoming Mourinho? Well, you can fuck that. It’s such a shame we’ve turned into this. Bye bye Spurs. You’ve been an inspiration since I was 8, but I’ve never felt more let down. There used to be a football club over there."

You're the definition of a fickle shit supporter and yet you project that on to anyone who gives a shit about the club.

Amazing isn't it? When I talk about supporters accepting mediocrity and being losers you're the perfect example of it, saying you would leave the club because we dared to show some ambition by appointing someone who might win us trophies.

Good job.

Yeah, you're one of them, perfect example is what you said the other day.

"I’m done. People can call me a cunt (and no doubt they will) but I’ve been falling out of love with this football club for a while now. It’s not what I remember and it’s not what I like. Welcoming Mourinho? Well, you can fuck that. It’s such a shame we’ve turned into this. Bye bye Spurs. You’ve been an inspiration since I was 8, but I’ve never felt more let down. There used to be a football club over there."

You're the definition of a fickle shit supporter and yet you project that on to anyone who gives a shit about the club.

Amazing isn't it? When I talk about supporters accepting mediocrity and being losers you're the perfect example of it, saying you would leave the club because we dared to show some ambition by appointing someone who might win us trophies.

Good job.

It’s a shame you didn’t quote my post the following day.

I can’t quite put my finger on it. I expected a more sombre hush after blowing such an important game, but who am I to say how other people should react? I think I’m confusing my waning enthusiasm for actually attending games with an all round disillusionment with Tottenham. That isn’t so. I fucking love Spurs - and outside of my family there’s nothing I’ve loved more or for longer.

I’ll get used the new bloke - if he succeeds Spurs succeed and that’s the most important thing. Of course he has my support.

Again, what have you won?

Back
Top Bottom