Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am serious.
I believe you, my deceased mother was a teacher and one her former colleagues taught at the private school Lamps Jr attended, said he was as bright as a button. He also speaks fluent Spanish

I prefer my 150kgs gag or he’s balancing out the family as Jamie’s IQ is zero

I believe you, my deceased mother was a teacher and one her former colleagues taught at the private school Lamps Jr attended, said he was as bright as a button. He also speaks fluent Spanish

I prefer my 150kgs gag or he’s balancing out the family as Jamie’s IQ is zero
150 is ridiculously smart, if true.

Yes, Jamie seems to me to be an utter pleb, and the older he gets, the more he looks like his old man.

Can you find me a manger that loves losing? Can you find me where a manager has stated in their presser that they love to lose, it's what drives them on, it's why they took the job so they could lose and they can't wait for the next game so they can lose it?

Do me a favour.

Yesterday you witnessed a performance, just as all his previous pressers are performances (other mangers too, some are good at it others not so). They are thought through, rehearsed, scripted. Every single thing he says is what he wants you to here. The fact that people don't know this is truly staggering. But looking at the responses many have swooned already. This is what he's good at, of that there is no denying.

There is a difference between arrogance and confidence, I love confident people, I loathe arrogant people. Why do you bring Spurs supporters into it, what have they got to do with anything? Just shocked you choose not to call people "snowflakes" to be honest, admit it, you deleted it when you read back your post.

The ONLY thing I'm interested in is how Tottenham perform, his talk is so fucking cheap, heard it all before. I'm here to see if he can get us playing football and not bore the tits off me when doing it.

No but I can find you plenty that make excuses for it and plenty that don't have the drive and ambition to admit their flaws and correct their mistakes, I can also find you plenty that don't have the mentality of winners and guess what, Poch was one of them, he didn't have the mentality of a winner, he might think he did but his actions show otherwise.

Make no mistake, I know yesterday was perfectly scripted and planned, you would have to be an idiot to think otherwise but here's another reality check, Mourinho has the goods to back his words up, he is a winner, our board believe he is a winner because history shows he is, some of our fans seem to think Poch was a better manager with no evidence whatsoever to back that up, some seem to think we would have been better sticking by someone who has proven time and time again he can't get us over the line because they are sentimental towards him and like I said, happy to accept mediocrity.

I attack these supporters because they are weak, the ones just happy with us being better than we were 10 years ago and thankful that we aren't shit anymore, it's a loser mentality and the fact people react to it in such a negative way only proves to me that it clearly strikes a nerve with them, that's ok, we can't all have a winning mentality, a mentality that strives for more, we can't all be brave.

But incase you didn't notice, the motto of this football club is "to dare is to do" and that's what our owners are doing, not accepting mediocrity, they are daring to hire a winner to win silverware instead of staying with the comfortable option with a "nice guy" and accepting mediocrity.

Arrogance and confidence often go hand in hand, the difference is, some people are better at balancing the two whilst others allow their arrogance to rule them, Mourinho certainly is arrogant but he has quite frankly earned the right to be and I think our players need to hear the voice of someone who isn't going to be a complete walk over.

They can talk about how much they loved Poch and respected him and whilst that might be true when viewing him as a man, as a personality, the reality is, they clearly didn't respect him as a manager because the last 6 months have shown they simply don't believe in him and the reason that happened is because, unlike Mourinho, he doesn't have the goods to back the words up.

I couldn't care less how we play either, as long as we win and this myth about him being a boring manager is just that, a myth.

Also, the bolded part, it makes sense now, you're one of those people, someone who thinks everything has politics injected into it, so caught up in their own biases that they believe everyone else is as well.

Here's a reality check for you, the fact that you think I was going to say something like that (I wasn't, you're completely off base btw) clearly indicates that my post has touched a nerve with you, the fact that it has touched a nerve with you tells me that YOU are one of the supporters I am talking about.

I always think of what's best for the club, I want us to win, I don't want people at this club, either managers, players, owners or supporters that lack a winning mentality, it's been a plague on this club for decades and something that needs to change, always the bridesmaids, never the bride.

Not sure why you got a disagree for that, Joe, but we'll press ahead.

Do you believe it to be true?
Well I didn’t take the test for my own gratification - I had no interest in my IQ. Whether it’s ‘true’ or not depends on one’s view of the credibility of the test. It’s true I scored that number in that test.

Well I didn’t take the test for my own gratification - I had no interest in my IQ. Whether it’s ‘true’ or not depends on one’s view of the credibility of the test. It’s true I scored that number in that test.
I see. I wasn't sure if you were saying you had heard that about Lampard or if your own IQ is 150. Staggeringly high.

No but I can find you plenty that make excuses for it and plenty that don't have the drive and ambition to admit their flaws and correct their mistakes, I can also find you plenty that don't have the mentality of winners and guess what, Poch was one of them, he didn't have the mentality of a winner, he might think he did but his actions show otherwise.

Make no mistake, I know yesterday was perfectly scripted and planned, you would have to be an idiot to think otherwise but here's another reality check, Mourinho has the goods to back his words up, he is a winner, our board believe he is a winner because history shows he is, some of our fans seem to think Poch was a better manager with no evidence whatsoever to back that up, some seem to think we would have been better sticking by someone who has proven time and time again he can't get us over the line because they are sentimental towards him and like I said, happy to accept mediocrity.

I attack these supporters because they are weak, the ones just happy with us being better than we were 10 years ago and thankful that we aren't shit anymore, it's a loser mentality and the fact people react to it in such a negative way only proves to me that it clearly strikes a nerve with them, that's ok, we can't all have a winning mentality, a mentality that strives for more, we can't all be brave.

But incase you didn't notice, the motto of this football club is "to dare is to do" and that's what our owners are doing, not accepting mediocrity, they are daring to hire a winner to win silverware instead of staying with the comfortable option with a "nice guy" and accepting mediocrity.

Arrogance and confidence often go hand in hand, the difference is, some people are better at balancing the two whilst others allow their arrogance to rule them, Mourinho certainly is arrogant but he has quite frankly earned the right to be and I think our players need to hear the voice of someone who isn't going to be a complete walk over.

They can talk about how much they loved Poch and respected him and whilst that might be true when viewing him as a man, as a personality, the reality is, they clearly didn't respect him as a manager because the last 6 months have shown they simply don't believe in him and the reason that happened is because, unlike Mourinho, he doesn't have the goods to back the words up.

I couldn't care less how we play either, as long as we win and this myth about him being a boring manager is just that, a myth.

Also, the bolded part, it makes sense now, you're one of those people, someone who thinks everything has politics injected into it, so caught up in their own biases that they believe everyone else is as well.

Here's a reality check for you, the fact that you think I was going to say something like that (I wasn't, you're completely off base btw) clearly indicates that my post has touched a nerve with you, the fact that it has touched a nerve with you tells me that YOU are one of the supporters I am talking about.

I always think of what's best for the club, I want us to win, I don't want people at this club, either managers, players, owners or supporters that lack a winning mentality, it's been a plague on this club for decades and something that needs to change, always the bridesmaids, never the bride.
Jesus fucking christ!
Webp.net-resizeimage-79.png

You're getting killed because you cunted off our best manager in a generation. No surprise on a Spurs forum.
well, when we get to the CL Final this season I want to hear Pochs name ringing out from the terraces, absolute legend in our time.I think Jose is reinventing himself or either he's been brainwashed, whatever, I think I like it. He'd make a good mattress salesman if all else fails

Back
Top Bottom