Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant reply

lol 😂
To be honest it's comments like that which I hate. Maybe because it's him and we know what he's like, he's always had the arrogance to come out with stuff like this all his career. But the reason why I don't like it is literally 2mins previously he was telling everyone he was "humble". And so many Spurs fans used that as material to wank over and say that he's a changed man. LOL

Can we come up with a new song?
I hate that " JOSE MOURINHO " repeated to that tune,the source of which escapes me.
Maybe a song based on a mid - late 70s funk number?
It would really set us apart.

I remember when I was up in Aberdeen, Paul Hartley joined the Don's and they sang something like "He used to be gay, but now he's ok, walking in a Hartley Wonderland" to the tune of Winter Wonderland.

Remove the homophobia from that, and we could do something along the lines of:

"He used to be shite, but now he's lilywhite"

If he's on the reported 15m per year - that's more than a 10% bonus. Guessing you'd turn your nose up at a 10% bonus?
I read 8m on the same site that quoted 15m.

At least as well paid as Poch in my view but then what the f*ck do you expect? The point is that with that there comes some outputs which means that he should deliver at least or more than Poch had to.
  1. CL qualification
  2. Silverware (we'll discuss the shine of the actual cup elsewhere)
  3. Pushing for a seat at the top table aka Euro recognition by f*cking up some big teams along the way

To be honest it's comments like that which I hate. Maybe because it's him and we know what he's like, he's always had the arrogance to come out with stuff like this all his career. But the reason why I don't like it is literally 2mins previously he was telling everyone he was "humble". And so many Spurs fans used that as material to wank over and say that he's a changed man. LOL

I don't want him to be a changed man or for him to be humble and I think he's only saying that to win over the supporters of this club who, for some reason, seem to detest winners and their level of confidence.

Every winner in history is confident, I would say that self belief and confidence is what separates them from the losers in life.

Poch was too nice and made excuses for mediocre performances in the same way that some of our supporters did so it's no surprise they don't like hearing when someone with a pair of fucking nuts comes out and has the bravery to speak confidently and say they hate losing and brag about their achievements (rightly so in his case.)

I think it's a breath of fresh air from the stagnant stench of acceptance of mediocrity we have been used to for the last 6+ months.

They will go back to hating him before you know it.

He is absolutely never going to change, but I've always kinda enjoyed his playful arrogance. The guy has a quick wit. You can see why he and Zlatan get along.

Didn't someone from Lille squash this from happening ?

Or was it more like the stance a club takes before begrudgingly sells a player?
My guess is that it is just the club trying to protect itself a bit.

"Sure, he took two of my coaches. But I don't think my sporting director will leave". Basically.

He is absolutely never going to change, but I've always kinda enjoyed his playful arrogance. The guy has a quick wit. You can see why he and Zlatan get along.
I have a genuine dislike for him, he's utterly classless. The fact he's our manager now doesn't change that for me in any way. I'm obviously referring to other things he's said and done than what I referenced from his first presser with us.

Last edited:
I have a genuine dislike for him, he's utterly classless. The fact he's out manager now doesn't change that for me in any way. I'm obviously referring to other things he's said and done than what I referenced from his first presser with us.

This is a perfectly reasonable perspective as well. The guy is a real piece of work, there are no two ways about that.

Back
Top Bottom