Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be kept around to compete for RB this year along with Tomiyasu or whoever we bring in. Sell, loan or do whatever you have to do with Aurier + Doherty .

I don't want him as a RB going forward and would still prefer him getting time at CB full time next season, but he is better than the other RB options we currently have.

I don't want him as a RB going forward and would still prefer him getting time at CB full time next season, but he is better than the other RB options we currently have.

I agree with this. At this point, honestly, he's easily in our top 3-4 CB, and he's our top RB. Nuno has options to deploy him, but we really have to keep him.

No need to loan him .

Good player.

Still think he's a CB but did well today at RB and I'd start him v City because of our lack of options there.
However, seems he's injured which is always his problem.

Didn't see the sense in loaning him out, tbh, it's not as if we have an abundance of decent defenders. However, he does seem to succumb to injuries, which may be a worry.
I like him though and would take a chance on him.

He was good today and as I have mentioned before I think he is physically intimidating.
One swallow does not a summer make so I still think he needs a loan.

With the system we are now playing, we need two ball playing cb's. Tanganga in possession is still a little risky when pressed. At RB, his only (but a crucial part for modern full backs) weakness is the ability to whip crosses into the box. What a RB he will be , if he can pick that up

With the system we are now playing, we need two ball playing cb's. Tanganga in possession is still a little risky when pressed. At RB, his only (but a crucial part for modern full backs) weakness is the ability to whip crosses into the box. What a RB he will be , if he can pick that up
And for him to pick that up, he will need to stay with first team. If he is loaned away, who knows what his temporary club will do with him. It is luck of draw. I really believe Nuno could help him realize his full potential. We need to be patient and be strategic in our thinking.

Still don't understand the idea of a loan.

We barely have one competent CB as it is, not with Romero unfit.

Better than letting Sanchez, Dier and Co play yet another dissappointing game.

Back
Top Bottom