Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a very good footballer, just not what we need for where we want to go
He's played 20mins of good football, in his debut vs Liverpool (where he was run ragged for the first 10 minutes), unfortunately, he's been utter garbage every time he's played for us. I would have loved to big him up, even cut him some slack because he's come through the academy but I can't, he's crap - not PL quality in any way shape or form.

But I genuinely wish him every success at Millwall.

He's played 20mins of good football, in his debut vs Liverpool (where he was run ragged for the first 10 minutes), unfortunately, he's been utter garbage every time he's played for us. I would have loved to big him up, even cut him some slack because he's come through the academy but I can't, he's crap - not PL quality in any way shape or form.

But I genuinely wish him every success at Millwall.

The point I'm making that doesn't mean he's crap, it's like calling a multimillionaire broke because he isn't a multi billionaire

The worst thing he ever did was have a good game v City. :rolleyes:
He was due to go out on loan and it got cancelled.
Hopefully we can get a few shillings for the firm.
The Championship is easy for him.

I think he should join Millwall. Better to be a big fish in a small pond than vice versa and the fans seem to love him over there.

He could chance his arm at a relegation certainty Prem team but not sure what that would do for him apart from inflate his bank balance.

Good luck to him whatever he decides.

Very best of luck to the lad wherever he goes. Really nice, well-spoken, clever kid, from a lovely family. He's Spurs through & through, will always be one of our own and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Real shame his body let him down, I do believe he'd have had a good career here without them bloody injuries.

Good man Japh, go smash it elsewhere and maybe one day you'll come home.

Always been a nice kid that wasn't quite at the level we all hoped he would be.

Will always remember that excellent performance at right back in Nunos first game up against newly signed 100m winger Jack Grealish. He was monstrous that day.

Good luck Japhet!

Seemed to do well when thrown in at the deep end, performances vs Liverpool and city were excellent. Then he was putting in some good awful showing vs teams like palace and wolves. Had a really bright start, where expectations were probably unfairly raised too highly.

Was definitely not helped with the state of our defence post alderweireld and vertonghen when he was expected to kick on. Lumped in at right back, or alongside Dier/Sanchez/Davies. No wonder he never progressed given they were who he was learning from.

Back
Top Bottom