January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier isn't really a CB though. CB's tackle people, and/or intercept balls
If he gets his move to the farmers league, where it appears that defending is more of an optional concept rather than a fundamental of the game, then he'll look like Beckenbauer's soul leapt straight into a new host and be hoovering up Ballon Dor's by Easter.

Fair do's on this window so far. Not overly sold on Werner but its a zero risk game on someone better than Gil. There has been plenty to criticise over the last few years and it will take a lot to convince me they've changed completely but we certainly seem to have stepped up a gear transfer wise over the last 18 months. We're acting a lot quicker and smarter which was always one of my main bugbears.

All we need to do between now and summer is get rid of the likes of Dier, Sess, Skipp, Hoj, Gil, Dombs, Lo Celso (too unreliable)...and bring in more quality contributors for starting 11 & bench. Let's get some more Eng/HG/CT.

Still a fair bit of deadwood but in one window and a half, we should be able to complete the revamp. Worst case scenario, shift the last couple next Jan.

Utter piffle.

I hate Levy and the way he's acted, but my interest has always been the football team first and foremost. Always.
The only time I've ever felt that the team might need to suffer is when it is what is needed to make Levy make a move. IE, if a manager is clearly finished, winning a game is often a bad thing as it will make Levy wait a bit longer for instance.

I don't want Levy to fuck up his job and the team to suffer as a result.
That's utter shite
It's like say that you love a single mom and wanna marry her but you hate her children. It wouldn't work out very well (unless she also hates her children).
Levy (and Lewis) are so intrinsically part of Spurs that one can't hate him and at the same time want him to succeed is not psychological compatible. And you know that. Otherwise you would not be so vehemently anti-Levy. You express your opinions against him to be proven right yourself. And this reply is yet another proof :cool:
I also don't like many of the things Levy's done - some of them he may still be doing - but I don't have the guy although I do dislike things about him.

Yes indeed.

How do we rank Hackney, Wharton, and Vermeeren?

Can probably only get 1.

Good question.

I haven’t seen Vermeeren so can’t comment other than he’s played CL football so has more experience than the other 2.

Hackney might be just above Wharton for most and I think he’s older. I can’t put anything specific on it other than he runs like an Ange player and is the more attacking of the 2 BUT

for me Wharton is ahead of Hackney. Watched him a few times and he’s got England captain vibes. He’s the sort of kid that would have been on Fergies UTD radar back in the day.

None of the 3 look like bad options though if there was a chance to get a deal done

That's utter shite
It's like say that you love a single mom and wanna marry her but you hate her children. It wouldn't work out very well (unless she also hates her children).
Levy (and Lewis) are so intrinsically part of Spurs that one can't hate him and at the same time want him to succeed is not psychological compatible. And you know that. Otherwise you would not be so vehemently anti-Levy. You express your opinions against him to be proven right yourself. And this reply is yet another proof :cool:
I also don't like many of the things Levy's done - some of them he may still be doing - but I don't have the guy although I do dislike things about him.
Nonsense.
Don't tell me what I think.
I've told you what I think.

Much the same way as Ange told a reporter not to question his integrity, don't question mine.

Utter piffle.

I hate Levy and the way he's acted, but my interest has always been the football team first and foremost. Always.
The only time I've ever felt that the team might need to suffer is when it is what is needed to make Levy make a move. IE, if a manager is clearly finished, winning a game is often a bad thing as it will make Levy wait a bit longer for instance.

I don't want Levy to fuck up his job and the team to suffer as a result.
You might not, many others do.

A blind man can see that.

Will be focused on outgoings for now.

Reggie, PEH Dier all need new homes. Gil probably as well. That’s a lot of work to do already…

302017-20;1461798948y.jpg

Path, why you here still going on about this, trying to start a cunt off?

We get it - you're right, they're wrong. You're a real fan, John Thomas John Thomas MVP MVP Deuterz Deuterz Doom Funk Doom Funk & co aren't.

Now if you could give bit a rest and I dunno...crazy concept but just enjoy the friggin signing for what is it.
I am enjoying the signing very much, thank you ...while I am also appreciating the good work Levy did behind the scene to complete this deal - without the knee-jerk reaction many had yesterday :cool:
But I am aware that some Spurs fans are allergic to hearing/reading anything positive about Levy

Back
Top Bottom