January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hackney or Wharton > Gallagher IMO

Vermeeren too.

Any of those 3 and the club can even keep them on loan til the summer.

Levy, Fab & Lange have now got 3 weeks to stalk the rest of the trf market at their preferred pace like a pack of wolves....... They must be salivating.

Do people really think that those of us that expect Levy to fail actually want it to happen and are disappointed when it doesn't?

Literally everyone at Spurs, players, coaches, board members etc, all of them that I can't stand I'd rather see succeed.

If a lightbulb clicked with Levy, and I saw behaviors at the club change, I would be pleasantly surprised. It would be better for the club if that happened, than the alternative which is to sell to an unknown quantity.
Yes, I actually believe many do want Levy to fail.

When people repeatedly fault and blame someone for something they’ve not done – particular when they even have no idea of what’s going on – it shows they want that person to fail; in this case Levy.
The latest indecent to prove this is the Dragusin deal. Look at all anti-Levy vitriol what was expressed when the deal stalled because of a “surprise” bid from Bayern; and those critics even had NO idea whatsoever about what really went on behind the scene.
The same people lambasted Levy for not being able to complete the Luis Diaz deal when in fact Diaz himself always intended to join Liverpool.

It common psychology knowledge that the ego wants to be proven right, which is why people express themselves. So when Spurs fans repeatedly express their strong, vehement anti-Levy opinions they do so because they believe they’re right. And this is self-perpetuating: the more often and vehemently they express their opinions about Levy the more they want to be proven right.
So how can a person want Levy to succeed when they’re so full anti-Levy sentiment and repeatedly accuse him and blame him for things that he’s not even at fault for and rarely, if ever, give Levy credit where credit is due?

Last edited:
Was expecting that one.

My wanting to see more englishmen wear the shirt has got nothing to do with being UKIP...not that I need to justify myself to you, but I couldn't hate the fuckers more if I tried, knowing they'd kick me out the country in a heartbeat too seen as me old man wasn't born here and that I'm not a white Christian.

Cheap & shitty shot, pal.
Ah sorry! Don’t take it personally it was just a joke!

:angehug:

I really want Gallagher in sure

Whatever with the rest of your debate, but this isn't America, no one gives a shit about your religion, the lefties, the righties, the wokies, or the racists, none of them care about that.
Sounds like you accused him of being a UKIP fan because he wants more English players, to which he said he didn't like UKIP because his dad isn't English and he isn't a white Christian (the ones UKIP seem to like)

Seeing this, I have NFI how you ended up with the above reply.

Here’s main “data” analysis used to recruit players this TW

When people repeatedly fault and blame someone for something they’ve not done – particular when they even have no idea of what’s going on – it shows they want that person to fail; in this case Levy.
The latest indecent to prove this is the Dragusin deal. Look at all anti-Levy vitriol what was expressed when the deal stalled because of a “surprise” bid from Bayern; and those critics even had NO idea whatsoever about what really went on behind the scene.
The same people lambasted Levy for not being able to complete the Luis Diaz deal when in fact Diaz himself always intended to join Liverpool.

It common psychology knowledge that the ego wants to be proven right, which is why people express themselves. So when Spurs fans repeatedly express their strong, vehement anti-Levy opinions they do so because they believe they’re right. And this is self-perpetuating: the more often and vehemently they express their opinions about Levy the more they want to be proven right.
So how can a person want Levy to succeed when they’re so full anti-Levy sentiment and repeatedly accuse him and blame him for things that he’s not even at fault for and rarely, if ever, give Levy credit where credit is due?

Utter piffle.

I hate Levy and the way he's acted, but my interest has always been the football team first and foremost. Always.
The only time I've ever felt that the team might need to suffer is when it is what is needed to make Levy make a move. IE, if a manager is clearly finished, winning a game is often a bad thing as it will make Levy wait a bit longer for instance.

I don't want Levy to fuck up his job and the team to suffer as a result.

Pleased we got the player but now have to read the ITK wankfest on SC.

The snake Hotspur88 went to re-confirm the news a few minutes after Romano tweeted. The sad fuck has alerts set up to copy his posts JUST in time. Constantly posts stuff after tier 1 Twitter posts.

The whole of the SC forum is now celebrating the ITK.

Not one ITK gave any sort of detail. Why didn’t they tell the forum we’d sent an improved bid? They just kept guessing ‘it will be done’.

I’m just as much of a cock for bothering to read it and get wound up that 99% can’t see through the bullshit, though. :roflmao::wall:

They’ll be asking for donations before the end of the week now guaranteed.

Ah sorry! Don’t take it personally it was just a joke!

:angehug:

I really want Gallagher in sure
Ok my man, fair enough, no harm done.

It's just that there was a time when our friend from the city of lights accused me of being a racist because I'd said no to the idea of us signing two black players from France...Thuram and Kounde I think it was. Proper out of order that was and had really, really pissed me off. Knowing that to this day he still hasn't apologized...weird for someone who openly describes himself as highly intelligent, eloquent and classy.

So yeah whenever something like this comes round, I always get on the defensive.

He's a Forest fan trading under Man United banners for clicks
Whoever he follows, he's an opposition fan who sees our current activity with a lot more realism than many of our own fans.

We've strengthened 2 key positions in the short term, with those positions potentially strengthened in the long term as well.

We've convinced a young, talented player that we're a better option than one of the biggest teams on Earth, who are more or less guaranteed to win trophies almost every season.

Every opposition fan out there, who were trolling us last night, will be seeing exactly the same thing.

I said a little while ago that we need to take and own the word 'Spursy,' in the same way we did with Yid.

Well all I can say is that what we are doing on the pitch and in the market is very 'Spursy.'

I think low personally, but you never know. Royal had a very good game at CH against Burnley, so I reckon he starts. Dragusin will be on the bench, I believe, with some minutes depending on how Royal performs, or if we have a bit of daylight between the scores.

You never know though.
No way.

You have 2 fit CBs you play them.

Emerson is not a CB.

Guys, come on now...can we all just chill and enjoy this exciting signing?

John Thomas John Thomas MVP MVP and others are entitled to their opinion, no matter how skeptical/negative you may find it. It's their right to moan/criticise like it is yours to be optimistic/defend the board at all times etc. The guys who sit in the middle are totally fine too.

This constant bashing of 'moaners' is getting a bit tiring to be honest.

Bashing WUMs is fine though.

Here’s main “data” analysis used to recruit players this TW

Path, why you here still going on about this, trying to start a cunt off?

We get it - you're right, they're wrong. You're a real fan, John Thomas John Thomas MVP MVP Deuterz Deuterz Doom Funk Doom Funk & co aren't.

Now if you could give bit a rest and I dunno...crazy concept but just enjoy the friggin signing for what is it.

Back
Top Bottom