January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok my man, fair enough, no harm done.

It's just that there was a time when our friend from the city of lights accused me of being a racist because I'd said no to the idea of us signing two black players from France...Thuram and Kounde I think it was. Proper out of order that was and had really, really pissed me off. Knowing that to this day he still hasn't apologized...weird for someone who openly describes himself as highly intelligent, eloquent and classy.

So yeah whenever something like this comes round, I always get on the defensive.
Totally fair can delete it if you like? Honestly have no preconceptions of you as a poster at all

So announced tomorrow realistically.

Could he be thrown straight in Sunday with VDV straight back?

At old Trafford? Seems a risk but worth taking?

Purest German copium.

I'm starting to feel that we'll be adding BM to the twat list of butthurt clubs that adopted us as hated rivals no good reason....

We're going international. baby!

200w.gif

Sounds like you accused him of being a UKIP fan because he wants more English players, to which he said he didn't like UKIP because his dad isn't English and he isn't a white Christian (the ones UKIP seem to like)

Seeing this, I have NFI how you ended up with the above reply.
???

I've nothing to do with any of the previous conversation, I'm just pointing out that religion isn't the big thing here that it is in the US.

Having said that, I think I might have not being appreciating all angles, as in here nobody cares if you're Christian or not, that's not a driving factor in opinions, however I wasn't really considering that there is still a portion of society that will judge someone for being Muslim for example.

Yes indeed.

How do we rank Hackney, Wharton, and Vermeeren?

Can probably only get 1.
Personally, I'd go for Wharton, but I've seen very little of the other 2, so the choice could be flawed.

There's just something about Wharton that makes me think he's playing well below his level with Blackburn. He reads the game superbly for his age, that's something that is innate not coached. He appears to have that 'picture in his head' of where everyone is, judging from how quickly he picks a pass when receiving with his back to goal. His weight of pass is incredible, and always seems to go into the strong foot of the receiver, or right into the stride of a runner.
He dictates Blackburn's play, despite being the kid in the team, and he appears to be extremely press resistant.

Whilst I know it is a league lower than ours, all of the above says to me that he has the tools to excel in the PL.

The other 2 may have the same attributes, but they'd have to be massive standouts to top Wharton's skillset IMO.

Last edited:
Here’s main “data” analysis used to recruit players this TW

Yes, I actually believe many do want Levy to fail.

When people repeatedly fault and blame someone for something they’ve not done – particular when they even have no idea of what’s going on – it shows they want that person to fail; in this case Levy.
The latest indecent to prove this is the Dragusin deal. Look at all anti-Levy vitriol what was expressed when the deal stalled because of a “surprise” bid from Bayern; and those critics even had NO idea whatsoever about what really went on behind the scene.
The same people lambasted Levy for not being able to complete the Luis Diaz deal when in fact Diaz himself always intended to join Liverpool.

It common psychology knowledge that the ego wants to be proven right, which is why people express themselves. So when Spurs fans repeatedly express their strong, vehement anti-Levy opinions they do so because they believe they’re right. And this is self-perpetuating: the more often and vehemently they express their opinions about Levy the more they want to be proven right.
So how can a person want Levy to succeed when they’re so full anti-Levy sentiment and repeatedly accuse him and blame him for things that he’s not even at fault for and rarely, if ever, give Levy credit where credit is due?

People spend far too much of their lives worrying about Daniel fucking Levy. It’s weird. Annoying it purveys this thread too. I’ve the ENIC thread on ignore for a reason but it’s impossible to avoid his omnipresence.

So..... The Dragusin - Bayern - Dier triangle is without a doubt one of the more surreal trf sagas we've been involved in.........

Beating the "mighty" (tm) BM to the punch when (understandably) virtually everyone thought him going there was inevitable; only to then ship them the guy he's replacing.

Fucking weird feeling, but well done all involved.

+ We've been spared 2/3 more weeks pissing and moaning about trfs - Fucking bonus!
Steady on, I'm sure the Paw Patrol are dusting off their wishlists right now for that should have got him if we're showing ambishun 'Fuck you Levy' diatribe. They've got 3 weeks to work on that angst.

We're just one injury away from another meltdown as well.

If course it's important to remember that it's not really about the transfers for many on here, it's about the opportunity to dig out the posters they hate the most.

For some, this board isn't about Tottenham, it's about personal vendettas.

Back
Top Bottom