January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Expectations was 3 players in and 2-3 out.

Reality is Adama will be flexing on the Spurs official twitter account late on monday night after Levy squeezed Wolves for that extra 1 mill.
COYS.

I can't even melt down anymore. I'm numb to the pain. It's obvious Conte went to Levy saying "forget McKennie, Brozo, Wijnaldum and Kessie, Amrabat is the answer to our problems"...

Just like with Rodon, Sissoko, Vinicius etc. Levy never learns. He continues to buy cheap shit in the hope that it comes good.

If someone tells me that I haven't watched Amrabat, I have. Not at Fiore, because there's not much to be seen, but at Verona, since I used to watch their games because of Kumbulla (same as I do with Southampton and Broja). And he was utter shite there, at the peak of his career. Kumbulla was a much better player that stood out, albeit in a different role, and he can't get a game in Serie A to save his life with Roma. That tells how shite Amrabat is.

I can't even melt down anymore. I'm numb to the pain. It's obvious Conte went to Levy saying "forget McKennie, Brozo, Wijnaldum and Kessie, Amrabat is the answer to our problems"...

Just like with Rodon, Sissoko, Vinicius etc. Levy never learns. He continues to buy cheap shit in the hope that it comes good.

If someone tells me that I haven't watched Amrabat, I have. Not at Fiore, because there's not much to be seen, but at Verona, since I used to watch their games because of Kumbulla (same as I do with Southampton and Broja). And he was utter shite there, at the peak of his career. Kumbulla was a much better player that stood out, albeit in a different role, and he can't get a game in Serie A to save his life with Roma. That tells how shite Amrabat is.
Cheers. Amusing to see him start being talked up and without fail there is always a hipster journo saying what a great deal it would be as they want to be seen as left field, quirky and knowledgable. I remember the same shite being hawked around for Stambouli, Gedson etc.

As the lack of signings and closing of the window is getting ever closer, the use of capital letters being used on this forum to express discontent with the club has gone up 35% in the past 48 hours. I'm starting to fear for Don Levy's life now.

More from Kenny Watsell regarding Amrabat,

Im sorry, I hate such tweets. No offense, but they create false expectations for players coming to us. Everybody will be expecting him to be okay or decent, when he has 0 PL experience, is injury prone and slow.

This Amrabat guy, if he comes, will be shit. Thats it. Paratici has connections there, he is cheap and some random midfielder from a mid-table team in Italy. Only reason he is coming to maybe jump in for PEH/Winks or whatever. He wont help us to reach a better level playing wise and if this is the answer to the rumoured leavings, then holy shit, we are in for an even more depressing half of a season.

Im sorry, I hate such tweets. No offense, but they create false expectations for players coming to us. Everybody will be expecting him to be okay or decent, when he has 0 PL experience, is injury prone and slow.

This Amrabat guy, if he comes, will be shit. Thats it. Paratici has connections there, he is cheap and some random midfielder from a mid-table team in Italy. Only reason he is coming to maybe jump in for PEH/Winks or whatever. He wont help us to reach a better level playing wise and if this is the answer to the rumoured leavings, then holy shit, we are in for an even more depressing half of a season.

I'd stay of Twitter in that case if I were you because the vast majority of tweets create a fake reality and pursue some faux narrative, it's hard to know what to believe.

He could say he's the worst player ever...that would still raise expectations...

It really is poor over and over again our transfer policy.

We have the best manager in the world, I'm sure nobody expect 5 signings in Jan but fucking hell we desperately need atleast 2 players of starting 11 quality and again, Paratici invoked, hitchen involved, same old policy.

There's no way Paratici and Hitchen have actual financial control, the policy seems to be a mirror of every other year before they came.

Someone needs to scream in these mugs faces and make it clear we currently have Ndombele and Lo Celso as good as gone after doing fuck all. Sessengnon struggles. Bergwijn has been half out the door, these are all our big signings over recent years so our transfer policy is garbage.

This is after turning down the chance to sign some world class players aswell.

It is scandalous as this point they're taking in millions upon millions yet we're playing with the quality we have.

Imagine if Kane, Lloris and Son weren't with us. My god, relegation, its just not good enough

Oh really.
So is Levy in charge of all the other clubs in our league and around the world that haven't made any signings yet? Or in January most seasons? Or even in the summer window?

Get grip and some perspective.

Thread running a statistical comparison between Amrabat and Kessie. Both fill the same role in their respective teams. Kessie edges Amrabat out mainly in goal scoring because he is Milan's chief penalty taker.

Oh really.
So is Levy in charge of all the other clubs in our league and around the world that haven't made any signings yet? Or in January most seasons? Or even in the summer window?

Get grip and some perspective.
You'd make a great forest fire-fighter...putting out blazes all over the place...

Difference being I actually watched Clarke live but yeah, I’m not claiming to have any expertise (Though anyone watching that game between Derby and Leeds would’ve been impressed with him). Just think that this guy at least looks agile, tenacious and concertante in the ball in the few comps available, whereas Kessie looks a bit of a lumbering donkey.
I watched about 3 and a half seconds of the YT vid before concluding that this guy will bring approximately 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 assist to the assists to Spurs. I know it's not all about stats, and that a good dm is as important as a good playmaker, but our squad is chronically lacking in terms of players who actually rack up goals.

I'd bite your fucking nuts off to have a Chadli/Kranjcar/Gylfi (minus the noncey tendancies...) in the squad nowadays. Because if neither Son or Kane are on it, we're fucked. Who's our biggest goal threat beyond those 2? For PL alone it's Lucas on 2, tied with Pierre Emile bloody Hojbjerg and Steven Bergwijn's 80 seconds of madness.

Right, my eternal optimism has been diminished.

My new prediction is - zero signings, 1 or 2 outs (prob loans).

Fuck this club. Gonna go to sleep listening to the ricky gervais podcasts instead of waiting in vein for transfer news that is never going to happen.

Fuck yourself Levy, you dick sucking pinhead.

Back
Top Bottom