January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know... I saw a couple of vids that made him look like a slow version of Winks, but this is much better.

I'm not impressed, just not completely underwhelmed. I'd take someone able to tackle and beat players over a non-playing Tanguy.

So basically

Get rid of Ndom, GLC, Dele
Bring in Traore now
Bring in Amrabat as cover on loan
Line some things up (hopefully) for the summer.

Gotcha
Miss out on the champions league, watch Woolwich or Utd qualify for champions league then use that as an excuse for why we cannot sign our summer targets. Conte realises Levy don’t give a shit about football and this is the Tavistock Group just inflating the value of their portfolio that is why they have more interest in building a cinema than a football team. Conte then walks in the Summer we fire Paratici for not following the remit for his role then we go on the manager merry go round again.

Miss out on the champions league, watch Woolwich or Utd qualify for champions league then use that as an excuse for why we cannot sign our summer targets. Conte realises Levy don’t give a shit about football and this is the Tavistock Group just inflating the value of their portfolio that is why they have more interest in building a cinema than a football team. Conte then walks in the Summer we fire Paratici for not following the remit for his role then we go on the manager merry go round again.
Well at least we know where we stand...

Lots of the players in our squad are good. Most of them are PL quality. You don't win 6/9 PL games with bad players. They're just not CL quality. We have 3-4, while the top teams have 8-15.
Sorry, I got carried away and diluted the main point I was making, not counting players still here from that era (Kane/Son/Hugo for example) how many of the players brought in since would have ousted or even remotely challenged those that have left for a place in the squad?

It's a poor reflection on our recruitment over the last 5 years that the quality of the squad has steadily and consistently dwindled over time.

Even take Wimmer as an example, we sold him for £18m was it? A decent profit on a young player signed for a quarter of that, and what did we do, blow £40m+ on Sanchez for a minimal upgrade (if at all).

So we have a lot of "good" players, maybe, most of them PL quality, hardly glowing praise for a squad expected to be in contention for the CL spots, but comparing the squad of 5 years ago to this is just depressing.

Weaker in bodys maybe, weaker in ability, i doubt it…

Whats their combined minutes and contributions this season?

If any of Skipp, Winks or Hojbjerg get an injury we are buggered. All good to move 1-2 out like Ndombele and Dele but I wouldn’t move Lo Celso unless 1-2 are coming the other way. We already have enough risk with no Kane back up.

You know... I saw a couple of vids that made him look like a slow version of Winks, but this is much better.

I'm not impressed, just not completely underwhelmed. I'd take someone able to tackle and beat players over a non-playing Tanguy.

I think he is ultimately another Winks/PEH which, while underwhelming, I can see the logic of as emergency cover.

Right now Conte has 3 CMs that he trusts to play his system. This guy will just be another who can slot in. I don't expect him to improve us.

He does look very slow though. Always a concern with Serie A players.

Back
Top Bottom