January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd stay of Twitter in that case if I were you because the vast majority of tweets create a fake reality and pursue some faux narrative, it's hard to know what to believe.
Yes I know, its got worse in the recent months with us trying to sign the cheaper alternatives. I also blocked jokers like Spurs Web or Alasdair Gold because of their content. Just a few accounts which tweet rumours from serious sources.

By now Im just hoping that Traore gets done. Everything else will be sketchy business from Serie A as it seems right now.

Right, my eternal optimism has been diminished.

My new prediction is - zero signings, 1 or 2 outs (prob loans).

Fuck this club. Gonna go to sleep listening to the ricky gervais podcasts instead of waiting in vein for transfer news that is never going to happen.

Fuck yourself Levy, you dick sucking pinhead.
Vain*

He's probably right...

You should post this on every single page until this lot read it and understand it.

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF
sad scream queens GIF
Sad Baby GIF
Big Brother Want GIF by Big Brother Australia

You should post this on every single page until this lot read it and understand it.

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF
sad scream queens GIF
Sad Baby GIF
Big Brother Want GIF by Big Brother Australia
Well I, for one, am not having a breakdown at all.

That tweet is a false dichotomy. I know full well that January is difficult. I simply don’t believe there’s a plan in place to recruit players to make us competitive in the Summer. I think Sarr will be the main addition to the midfield. We’ll probably have to buy a striker of some sort (because it’s currently bordering on the absurd). Might go for a player from Juve - one of their cast offs.

I don’t think ENIC are ambitious. I think they want 4th spot. No more than that.

I watched about 3 and a half seconds of the YT vid before concluding that this guy will bring approximately 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 assist to the assists to Spurs. I know it's not all about stats, and that a good dm is as important as a good playmaker, but our squad is chronically lacking in terms of players who actually rack up goals.

I'd bite your fucking nuts off to have a Chadli/Kranjcar/Gylfi (minus the noncey tendancies...) in the squad nowadays. Because if neither Son or Kane are on it, we're fucked. Who's our biggest goal threat beyond those 2? For PL alone it's Lucas on 2, tied with Pierre Emile bloody Hojbjerg and Steven Bergwijn's 80 seconds of madness.

totally agree with the need for someone who can play make. I loved Chadli and someone like him would give it’s so much that we currently lack. I don’t think someone like Amrabat is necessarily at the expense of that type of player though.

An example would be Kessie, I've actually heard of him and he's in some demand.

I have no clue who Amrabat is.

Like Danny Rose I get twitchy when I have to google a player, how many more duds do we need to sign?
General rule of thumb, if you've never heard of them and then see they are in their mid to late 20's, moved around clubs almost every season, absolutely nothing that marks them out and cant currently get into the mediocre team they play for then they are shite. All the stats charts, hipster journo hot takes and wishful thinking wont change that.

General rule of thumb, if you've never heard of them and then see they are in their mid to late 20's, moved around clubs almost every season, absolutely nothing that marks them out and cant currently get into the mediocre team they play for then they are shite. All the stats charts, hipster journo hot takes and wishful thinking wont change that.
200.gif

In the words of Shania Twain Youtube comps and Football manager stats "that don't impress me much"

An example would be Kessie, I've actually heard of him and he's in some demand.

I have no clue who Amrabat is.

Like Danny Rose I get twitchy when I have to google a player, how many more duds do we need to sign?

I mean this is part of the problem isn't it? Basing your wishlist over players you've heard of just gives me Football Manager/FIFA vibes :D...

Seriously though I'm sure I read that Kessie prefers to wait until the Summer for more offers, not much we can do if he doesn't want to come here. I actually have some sympathy though because our transfer record has been very poor recently so whoever we're linked to is gonna cause some PTSD amongst the fanbase, at the same time plenty aknowledge we are bad at recruiting so do we want to the club wasting big money especially this month?

You need to understand that no matter how much crying you do, you can't change it.
It's not unique to Spurs.
Not an argument.

I can't change the broken two party system in politics - I still vote.
I can't change the weather I still look out the window and take out an umbrella.

In case you hadn't noticed this is an OPINION forum.

The only one crying here is you.

Back
Top Bottom