January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

$10 million?

Pulp Fiction Pumpkin GIF
Levy will put in a bid of $5 million.

The Kessie for 10m euros rumour is probably total bollocks. Milan are contesting the league for the first time in years so I very much doubt they let their most important player leave for just 10m euros despite his contract expiring.

The Kessie for 10m euros rumour is probably total bollocks. Milan are contesting the league for the first time in years so I very much doubt they let their most important player leave for just 10m euros despite his contract expiring.
They contested the title last season as well. And Kessie has been demoted from most important player once his contract entered his final year. He is important to them, but he is not their most important, that is probably Theo Hernandez at this point since he is their left flank all on his own.

That's a good point, Moses was better at Wigan (at a young age) than I remember.

What's Traore's best season for assists, is it 7? That's not bad. The way people talk it's like Traore can't play football at all and is just Usain Bolt trying out for a team.

My point is IF Conte wants this player, then he would feel that he could do with Traore what he did with Moses, and mould him into a wing-back. But I have no idea if Conte wants Traore or not.

I would not watch just his season best for assists. He is 26 year old player who has given 16 assists in EPL within his career of 158 appearances. However way you look at it, without any goal threat this is too small of a number.

But I totally agree in the sense that if Conte really-really wants him, then I am fine with it. I honestly do not believe that is actually the case, but if it will be and we will sign him, I of course want him to do well in Spurs and prove people like me wrong.

P.S one more little statistics point here - prior to signing with us, Moussa Sissoko had either scored or assisted a goal for Newcastle in EPL for every 370 minutes. Traore's same stat is goal or assist for 386 minutes of EPL football. So whoever says that "but...but...but when he has stronger teammates his numbers and output will increase! Imagine him with Kane!" - yea, that worked out just well with Sissoko.

They contested the title last season as well. And Kessie has been demoted from most important player once his contract entered his final year. He is important to them, but he is not their most important, that is probably Theo Hernandez at this point since he is their left flank all on his own.
Is it worth it bringing him in early?
He Wouldn't play until march as he's at the afcon and that money could be used on someone else.
Just get him on a free ready for the summer if we want him.

Also Isnt Kessie participating in the AFCON? Ivory coast usually do quite well so he might be out there for a while.

And it started off a long ball to nowhere that Adama ran down even though he was well behind Shaw.

He’s a flawed player but It’s weird how some people go out of their way to discredit everything he does.

I never said he did nothing all game...... But calling that an assist is frankly a lie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom